‘ Cardiff City Fan Protests outside CCFC Stadium’

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:53 pm

91,206 saw Fred Keenor lift the FA Cup for Cardiff in 1927.

Cardiff fan Nick Fisk protests at fans being banned from third-round tie v Preston because of Welsh Government COVID-19 restrictions. Fisk attended Swindon-Man City game on Friday.
Attachments
C69DD47E-8F65-48CA-8ECD-E8693F5E0DCC.jpeg
C69DD47E-8F65-48CA-8ECD-E8693F5E0DCC.jpeg (164.75 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City Fan Protests outside CCFC Stadium’

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Good on Nick Fisk... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:26 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:31 pm

I presume there is a website we can apply to mark Drakeford for compensation on our season tickets for missed home games?
welshrarebit

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:05 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I presume there is a website we can apply to mark Drakeford for compensation on our season tickets for missed home games?

Frayed knot; didn't you know it's all Tan's fault, so he has to foot the bill...? :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:15 pm

It’s everyone’s fault except drakeford!
welshrarebit

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:03 am

welshrarebit wrote:It’s everyone’s fault except drakeford!

So it seems; and I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't had much of a response...

Well done to Nick Fisk for doing what he could to make a very good point :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:08 am

It's sad that we missed a cup game, we lost a home advantage and could have gone out of the cup because of it!

It's party politics and you just know Drakeford will allow the Rugby home internationals to go ahead with supporters in the ground which carries ten times the risk!
Bluebina

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 am

Bluebina wrote:It's sad that we missed a cup game, we lost a home advantage and could have gone out of the cup because of it!

It's party politics and you just know Drakeford will allow the Rugby home internationals to go ahead with supporters in the ground which carries ten times the risk!

The 6 Nations isn’t for another month and two of the games are in March so it is very conceivable that the situation will have changed. (Rugby fans aren’t allowed in now either).

But I hope he does let fans in for the Six Nations…because if he doesn’t it means that they aren’t in for the football either.

Reality is we wouldn’t have got more than 5k yesterday - the main impact for us is this weekend as hopefully it will be sorted by the Forest game. That means we will have had just one game impacted - not ideal, but could be worse.
Blue78

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:18 am

My local MP, Andrew Brigden, North West Leicestershire, had a right go at Drakeford and that Scottish woman about the restrictions put on Wales and Scotland. He is a Tory but it made me wonder if he would have said the same if he was Labour. I think we know the answer to that.

Although I agree with what he said I just felt why is he given it time when its nothing to do with his local residents. Points scoring has gone into overtime with our politicians and its getting to the point no one is listening to them. Why not, politicians don't listen to the people they are meant to represent.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:59 am

Article in walesonline later saying 500 Cardiff fans protesting.
maccydee

Postby NickBlue2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:09 pm

Hi,

Bit late replying to this as I don't know my old login details and have just had new account approved.

Despite the fact that we weren't allowed to attend, it occurred to me that, unlike last season for example, no other restrictions are in place. We are completely free to move and do things as we please - we have not been told to stay at home etc.

So while many will have just decided to simply stay at home to watch the game, even though no official protest had been arranged, I decided to go down and protest.

I had a banner from an official protest against Covid passes (which in fact I had not used at that), and the message on it seemed to still be suitable.

I honestly think that the fact that, just across the bridge, people in England are able to go to games with full capacity is totally shocking. As stated, I went to Swindon v Man City and fair play, Swindon have got superb supporters. Even saw a large mob (20 or 30) of old school lads walking towards the ground as I walked back to my car lol.

And the point is, once you are in these situations, simply enjoying a match as you should be able to, any thoughts of the fkn virus just go out the window. I'm certain that if anyone was severely ill with the virus, they would not attend anyone, so it polices itself. We do not need mandates and government policy.

Added to this, if you speak of science - if science is a process of testing things out, seeing if they work etc - surely the experience of the last two years has quite easily demonstrated that restrictions etc are entirely ineffective and not necessarily?

And finally, as for the NHS, I also firmly believe that restrictions and policies have made the efficiency of the NHS much much worse.

I stayed outside the ground for around 2 hours. Spoke to a few people. One young lad walked past with a beer. He had been to a plaque commemorating the anniversary of his dad's passing. Seemed a very genuine young lad who obviously would have loved to attend this particular fixture in memory of his dad. That for me summed up the reason why banning all fans without good reason is totally unacceptable and inexcusable.

On a positive note, the win's ensured we get Liverpool in the next round which will be great of course. Drakeford and his rules can shove it!
NickBlue2

Postby NPCF3 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:26 am

NickBlue2 wrote:Hi,

Bit late replying to this as I don't know my old login details and have just had new account approved.

Despite the fact that we weren't allowed to attend, it occurred to me that, unlike last season for example, no other restrictions are in place. We are completely free to move and do things as we please - we have not been told to stay at home etc.

So while many will have just decided to simply stay at home to watch the game, even though no official protest had been arranged, I decided to go down and protest.

I had a banner from an official protest against Covid passes (which in fact I had not used at that), and the message on it seemed to still be suitable.

I honestly think that the fact that, just across the bridge, people in England are able to go to games with full capacity is totally shocking. As stated, I went to Swindon v Man City and fair play, Swindon have got superb supporters. Even saw a large mob (20 or 30) of old school lads walking towards the ground as I walked back to my car lol.

And the point is, once you are in these situations, simply enjoying a match as you should be able to, any thoughts of the fkn virus just go out the window. I'm certain that if anyone was severely ill with the virus, they would not attend anyone, so it polices itself. We do not need mandates and government policy.

Added to this, if you speak of science - if science is a process of testing things out, seeing if they work etc - surely the experience of the last two years has quite easily demonstrated that restrictions etc are entirely ineffective and not necessarily?

And finally, as for the NHS, I also firmly believe that restrictions and policies have made the efficiency of the NHS much much worse.

I stayed outside the ground for around 2 hours. Spoke to a few people. One young lad walked past with a beer. He had been to a plaque commemorating the anniversary of his dad's passing. Seemed a very genuine young lad who obviously would have loved to attend this particular fixture in memory of his dad. That for me summed up the reason why banning all fans without good reason is totally unacceptable and inexcusable.

On a positive note, the win's ensured we get Liverpool in the next round which will be great of course. Drakeford and his rules can shove it!

Don't worry pal, only another 2 or 3 years and it will sink in with the rest of the people that:
- We have needlessly given away many years of our life,
- Lost the NHS,
- Destroyed the economy,
- Lost thousands of lives due to lockdown and disgusting policies like DNR orders on children with learning disabilities/autism
- Majorly impacted our children's life expectancy and cognitive function
- Caved in to Chinese-style Social Credit system. When you ask a Chinese man how he views the government he says "I can't complain".

3 weeks to flatten the curve... And counting.
NPCF3

Postby NickBlue2 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:04 pm

:clap: :clap:
NickBlue2

Return to General Chat