Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

R.I.P Burke Shelley.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 am

Budgie bassist and singer Burke Shelley died last night.
A true rock great.
R.I.P

Re: R.I.P Burke Shelley.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:37 am

theclaw wrote:Budgie bassist and singer Burke Shelley died last night.
A true rock great.
R.I.P

Very sad.
Being a Cwmbran boy I remember being chased down a hill in Bleanavon after a Budgie gig.We managed to escape in my Ford Anglia.
Rock In peace Burke.Thanks for the memories.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Saw them in the Top Rank on the Nightflight tour, either 81 or 82, great band. Rest In Peace Burke.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Used to see him at the Royal Oak, Thursdays was Superclarks night.. great days.. rip

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Great band, sad loss

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am

Sad to here. Remember seeing Budgie at the Memo in Barry on many occasions in the 70's. He would climb on top of one of the huge amps and play his bass before jumping off. Though reasonably successful they never quite achieved the fame they deserved. One of South Wales rock legends of the early 70's along with Man and Dave Edmonds.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:03 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Sad to here. Remember seeing Budgie at the Memo in Barry on many occasions in the 70's. He would climb on top of one of the huge amps and play his bass before jumping off. Though reasonably successful they never quite achieved the fame they deserved. One of South Wales rock legends of the early 70's along with Man and Dave Edmonds.

They are very influential and completely underrated. I personally think that they're the best band that Wales has ever produced.