Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff have had talks with

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:56 pm

City held Harlee Dean talks

Cardiff City held talks with Birmingham City defender Harlee Dean, but it is understood a deal could not be struck due to the club identifying priorities elsewhere this month.

Steve Morison was hoping to sign him, but was told he had to be permanent and City board told Morison, loans only.

Re: Cardiff have had talks with

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:City held Harlee Dean talks

Cardiff City held talks with Birmingham City defender Harlee Dean, but it is understood a deal could not be struck due to the club identifying priorities elsewhere this month.

Steve Morison was hoping to sign him, but was told he had to be permanent and City board told Morison, loans only.

Disappointing bit understandable from both ends of the attempted deal...

I would prefer the Bluebirds get in players on loan to 'do the job' of Championsip safety before assessing our whole position in the summer

Birmingham have options, so it is reasonable they want Harlee Dean off the pay role, just as we would want with certain players

I'm just happy we are looking to address the current dearth in certain areas after suspecting we might not... :clap:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:51 pm

We need wide players and midfielders as an absolute priority,. Not more defenders!!

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:57 pm

Sven wrote:

I would prefer the Bluebirds get in players on loan to 'do the job' of Championsip safety before assessing our whole position in the summer

Birmingham have options, so it is reasonable they want Harlee Dean off the pay role, just as we would want with certain players

I'm just happy we are looking to address the current dearth in certain areas after suspecting we might not... :clap:

Totally agree Chris.
Plug the obvious gaps now with some young loanees with a point to prove. Hopefully we’ll have a bit of pace injected into the side as I think we’re desperately short of one or two speedsters.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:59 pm

biglad6 wrote:We need wide players and midfielders as an absolute priority,. Not more defenders!!

Left back is an area of concern though mate. I do agree that we need a midfield general type as well as a forward thinking midfielder (number 10) plus a winger.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:17 pm

Sven wrote:

Agreed. Extremely relieved we are actively trying to get a few loans in - and early too.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:51 pm

Sven wrote:

Even loan players and Championship safety hopefully being achieved what will the club do for next season in the summer. In my opinion we are in this hole for a considerable time to come yet. Harlee Dean is a punt but if Birmingham dont want him, what does he bring to us?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Even loan players and Championship safety hopefully being achieved what will the club do for next season in the summer. In my opinion we are in this hole for a considerable time to come yet. Harlee Dean is a punt but if Birmingham dont want him, what does he bring to us?

Makes sense only getting loans for now, as morison only has a years contract, so maybe a new manager wilk be given funds for any permanent signings? As if they allow morison to buy permanent players, yhey msy not be what a new manager would pick, or even want.
Plus we still have the sala case to come, which has a bearing on what funds are/could be available imho.CCFC!