Most clubs we sell for £5mill etc

Even the Jacks were selling players for £20mill £30mill

Why do we always sell for so cheap.

Kieffer Moore , NO LESS THSN £10 mill plus add ons :thumbright: :bluebird:

In a relegation battle still should not be sold in my opinion

OPINIONS???

Re: That’s the way:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Burnley selling for £20mill plus add ins if £5mil for a player

OPINIONS???

We seemed to have a policy of buy high, sell cheap for yrs, its time for that to change.
As for Moore, we need him in a fight, but if offers do come in,from more than one club, at least there would be competition for his signature, so helping us get a decent price.
MY fear is only one club is showing serious interest, and come with a lowball offer of say £4m or so, and we get tempted to settle for around £6m or so! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:28 am

Moore is a tricky one at the moment.

I don't think he's been the same player this season since the Wolves interest. Even when he has been fit his body language is different from last season.

If this was the summer I would be saying sell him for any offer of £8-10m, but as has been pointed out we need goals in our team and even at his current levels of performance he's the best striker we've got.

A lot depends on what Morison would then be given from any sale.

If he was getting nothing then I would say we have to keep Moore until the summer. If he was given say £6m of what we get then that could actually bring in some much needed quality, including a replacement striker (even if it's a Prem striker on loan but we pay the wages).

We'll have to wait and see but I would be surprised, but pleased, if Moore was still with us in February.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:12 am

I cannot see us buying any players, only loans, As if a new manager comes in then he will want his own players, not players players brought in by a previous manager!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Burnley selling for £20mill plus add ins if £5mil for a player

OPINIONS???

Agree. If we were mid table I’d settle for 7-8 with add ons but in our position it must be 10 and it must be done early enough for us to get a suitable replacement otherwise - No deal.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

OPINIONS???

Agree. If we were mid table I’d settle for 7-8 with add ons but in our position it must be 10 and it must be done early enough for us to get a suitable replacement otherwise - No deal.

If what Annis has posted is true, we actually accepted a bid of 5m from wolves, only sticking point being we wanted it all paid in one transaction otherwise he'd be a wolves player already.

Cannot( although id like it!) See us getting anywhere near 10m for him, not on this seasons form at least, I reckon IF he goes. It will be nearer 5 than 10m.the only issue I have if he does go, is will the money be used to strengthen the squad?
Problem there is, if/when new manager comes in at the end of the season, he will want his own choice of players to come in? I believe this is the reason the word is loans only, now new permanent signings until new manager is in situ? Going to be an interesting few weeks imo.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:57 pm

Bit of a difference between Wood and Moore. Wood is an established PL striker, 49 goals in 144 games and has scored 10+ goals in the last 4 PL seasons in a pretty poor Burnley side.

Kieffer has spent most of his career in lower and non leagues with the Championship being the highest level he’s played. Admittedly his Championship scoring record is pretty good. However Wood’s Championship record is also quite good and arguably better than Moore’s.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:38 pm

Exactly 5 million for a player who at 29 is in the prime of his career,who scored 20 goals last season and is scoring regularly at international level,ok he haven’t had the best of seasons so far,but the club got rid of our best creative players in the summer,most are happy to sell for 5 million because we only bought him for 1 million lol

OPINIONS???

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Kieffer Moore , NO LESS THSN £10 mill plus add ons :thumbright: :bv6luebird:

OPINIONS???

Agreed Annis, there’s no way we should sell Keiffer for less than £10m + as we need him for our relegation battle this season and we can always reassess in the Summer. Madine cost us £6m and we sold Zohore for £8m and neither of them are anywhere near him as a goal scorer!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:21 pm

I must be honest... I would sell for 10m.

As long as (and it's a big if) at least 8m was released to strengthen the squad.. maybe 2m now and 6 in the summer.

Anything less than 10m imo would be foolish.

Also people talk about his form this year... We literally only had one person who could cross the ball or create anything... so Moore was always going to struggle for goals in such limited attacking team. Plus he is down with covid quite often.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am

Thing is even if we were given a couple million back for players then who would we buy for that in jan? Players are always overpriced this time of year and nobody wants to let anyone go.