Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kieffer Moore- Go? Price? : I have generally

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:54 am

Kieffer Moore- Go? Price? :

I have generally reliable but not certain news that is attributed to Moore’s agent that last summer we had agreed a fee of £5mill ( thought it was £7mill, was told yest it £5mill) with Wolves.

The sticking point was that we wanted all the fee up front , while Wolves wanted to pay by installments over the period of his contract .

Kiefer was so certain that it was a done deal and consequently had his heart set on it. If this is true - then it may partly explain his performance this season. I would not blame him if indeed the fee was agreed- as we could have discounted the money (but apparently this escaped Choo).

Whether this rumor is true or not - will Tan use the money to buy other players that we desperately need and/or to balance the books if Tan (club) is desperate for the money. £5-10 million depending on who we can get and for how much.

Kiefer is not not the same Kiefer as he is not as happy here …….so what’s the point of keeping him “if” we can get a more balanced team. But would we spend all the money back on strengthening??? One key question to me is……how desperate are we for money ?

Also Kieffer has not got the quality around him like last season to feed off, missing a player like Harry Wilson.

Do you sell your best player when your trying to stay up in the Championship and that’s worth fortunes just staying up.

Hmm… Kiefer is a tricky call.

Hmmmmm these are just thoughts for us all??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kiefer Moore- Go? Price? : I have gener

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 am

I would hope that he is professional enough to give his all for Cardiff despite this happening, if not then let him go. Just my humble opinion

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:32 am

This club are run by clowns,how can you agree to sell a player,who has just scored 20 goals for just £5 million,no wonder we are in a financial mess

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:34 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:I would hope that he is professional enough to give his all for Cardiff despite this happening, if not then let him go. Just my humble opinion

Exactly.

How daft would he be to reduce future options of a transfer by playing within himself. Would not happen.

He seems much more level headed than that.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:34 am

caerblue wrote:This club are run by clowns,how can you agree to sell a player,who has just scored 20 goals for just £5 million,no wonder we are in a financial mess

But they didn't, did they.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am

Moore has stayed with us longer than any other club he has been at The man loves a signing on bonus

Re: Kieffer Moore- Go? Price? : I have gener

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Overrated. Had one good Championship season in his career. Could sell him for £5m and get someone just as good for 1m

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:34 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Overrated. Had one good Championship season in his career. Could sell him for £5m and get someone just as good for 1m

Agree ,after all moore cost s 1m

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:48 pm

Not sure how much it will bother him with regards Wales but you would think any player with dreams of playing in a World Cup would want to be a first team choice at their club leading up to the tournament and whether it is Burnley, Wolves, Bournemouth I don't think he would be first choice so he can rule himself out of starting for Wales if we get there on that basis alone.
If he doesn't want to be here then get rid, I like Kieffer but we need people who are going to give their all to keep us up.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:54 pm

Wanting to keep him is not the real issue. The real question is …. If he is sold for whatever value …. Will that value be used in FULL to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players .

I am confident that we will be much stronger …. Particularly he very understandably wants to go. Kiefer Moore of today is not the Kiefer Morre of yesteryear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Wayne S wrote:
caerblue wrote:This club are run by clowns,how can you agree to sell a player,who has just scored 20 goals for just £5 million,no wonder we are in a financial mess

Don't let little things like facts spoil certain others fun and opportunity to slam Tan; even though the OP was asking a question about the simple value/worth of selling our (current) prize asset ;)

Personally, I would be disappointed if we let him go for any fee; but I'm sure Keiffer must have been disappointed, so maybe a 'promise' for the summer would raise his spirits?

That said, I'd be equally disappointed if he has (at any point) down tooled :(

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Overrated. Had one good Championship season in his career. Could sell him for £5m and get someone just as good for 1m

What 20 goals a season striker is available for £1m

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm

Attributed to which agent though. As after the deal fell through he sacked and replaced his agent.

I heard slightly different regarding the transfer. No clue if its was true but the offer was £8m, £5m guaranteed but as annis stated, in installments. £3m was split between things like. X amount of goals. X amount of appearances and qualify for Europe. The club values him at around £8m but wanted that in cash guaranteed and wolves didn't want the deal. His agent didn't force Cardiff enough to push the deal ahead and kieffer got annoyed as he wanted out and then replaced his agent

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:28 pm

He will regret leaving Cardiff for a struggling Premier league club who could be in the Championship next season. Good luck to him if he goes. :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wanting to keep him is not the real issue. The real question is …. If he is sold for whatever value …. Will that value be used in FULL to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players .

I am confident that we will be much stronger …. Particularly he very understandably wants to go. Kiefer Moore of today is not the Kiefer Morre of yesteryear.

I agree. If the money is decent then it's in both our and the players interest to let him go.

However, if we do let him go then at least a decent amount should be spent on both a replacement and further strengthening of the First XI (key point !).

As I said in the other similar strand; if this was the summer I would be saying sell him for any offer of £8-10m, but as has been pointed out we need goals in our team and even at his current levels of performance he's the best striker we've got.

A lot depends on what Morison would then be given from any sale.

If he was getting nothing then I would say we have to keep Moore until the summer. If he was given say £6m of what we get then that could actually bring in some much needed quality, including a replacement striker (even if it's a Prem striker on loan but we pay the wages).

Three £2m players would make a huge difference in supplementing our promising youngsters and allow Morison to develop them in a more steady fashion.

Of course, the main factor in this could be not whether we want to sell or even whether Moore wants to go, it will be "can we replace him with decent enough quality to give a us fighting chance of staying up ?".

There's a lot of factors in this possible move and it wouldn't be surprised whichever way it pans out.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 pm

I personally have no issue with the club selling Kieffer this window, he has been nowhere near our best player this season. And if anything has been one of the biggest under performers in my eyes, and his body language at times is terrible but I thought thag last season at times too. If we could get close to £5m for his I think that’s a great deal on current form. You could argue his form is attributed to losing Harry Wilson, but he’s still had Ryan Giles delivery this season which is arguably the best we’ve seen at Cardiff since the days on Whittingham.

One thing I will add though, if we do sell him he needs to be replaced as I don’t think any of the other strikers/attackers we have are good enough. Or have not exactly proven they are good enough.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I personally have no issue with the club selling Kieffer this window, he has been nowhere near our best player this season. And if anything has been one of the biggest under performers in my eyes, and his body language at times is terrible but I thought thag last season at times too. If we could get close to £5m for his I think that’s a great deal on current form. You could argue his form is attributed to losing Harry Wilson, but he’s still had Ryan Giles delivery this season which is arguably the best we’ve seen at Cardiff since the days on Whittingham.

One thing I will add though, if we do sell him he needs to be replaced as I don’t think any of the other strikers/attackers we have are good enough. Or have not exactly proven they are good enough.

My thoughts too .

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wanting to keep him is not the real issue. The real question is …. If he is sold for whatever value …. Will that value be used in FULL to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players .

More importantly if the money is spent, will it be wasted on League 1 and 2 players who will add nothing to our already poor squad :bluebird:

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53 pm

Does keiffer now bale is coming to us shortly if if and if.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:11 pm

Massive clowns.

Increasing value by 5 in one season, age 28 in a time of a global pandemic.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Obviously not,but don’t tell me,you’d be happy with 5 million???

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Don't let little things like facts spoil certain others fun and opportunity to slam Tan; even though the OP was asking a question about the simple value/worth of selling our (current) prize asset ;)

Personally, I would be disappointed if we let him go for any fee; but I'm sure Keiffer must have been disappointed, so maybe a 'promise' for the summer would raise his spirits?

You got to laugh at certain posters,didn’t mention tan in particular,I did say the board,as we all say it’s all about personal opinions 5 million start of season or mid way through the season is bad business,irrelevant on how much we paid for him

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:29 pm

maccydee wrote:

Massive clowns.

Just for a comparison,Harry Kane is 28,did spurs cash in on him???,yes before you say it,both clubs miles apart in terms of finances,but shows really how small minded this club has become

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:34 pm

Because if that is the only offer, that is the only offer. Reality is that the club didn’t sell him for £5m as they weren’t happy with the terms.

He is worth less than that now - £5m might have been the best we got.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:35 pm

caerblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Massive clowns.

Just for a comparison,Harry Kane is 28,did spurs cash in on him???,yes before you say it,both clubs miles apart in terms of finances,but shows really how small minded this club has become

Not in the summer they didn't just like we didn't cash in on Moore. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the agreement was that Kane stays for this season and then gets his move.

Could well be very similar for Moore.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:54 pm

Blue78 wrote:

Because if that is the only offer, that is the only offer. Reality is that the club didn’t sell him for £5m as they weren’t happy with the terms.

Just out of curiosity,why do you think he is now worth less?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:06 pm

caerblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

You got to laugh at certain posters,didn’t mention tan in particular,I did say the board,as we all say it’s all about personal opinions 5 million start of season or mid way through the season is bad business,irrelevant on how much we paid for him

Yes, fella, I agree and apologise if my own post seemed to refer to your own. It wan't meant to do that... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:10 pm

Personally I think Moore would be a good fit for Newcastle. Wouldn’t be surprised if Burnley come in for him now either

Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 pm

caerblue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

He older, he’s closer to the end of his contract, his goal scoring record is nowhere near the level of last season (much more aligned to previous seasons), he appears to be picking up more injuries/illness.

If we got £8-£10m for him then selling should be a no brainer, if we got £5m guaranteed and in cash then we will have done well. How would we feel about paying that much for a striker who has had one 20 goal season in his whole career.

For the record, I would prefer he stayed but if we got cash that can help the club in the short, medium and long term that would be pragmatic.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Blue78 wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

He older, he’s closer to the end of his contract, his goal scoring record is nowhere near the level of last season (much more aligned to previous seasons), he appears to be picking up more injuries/illness.

If we got £8-£10m for him then selling should be a no brainer, if we got £5m guaranteed and in cash then we will have done well. How would we feel about paying that much for a striker who has had one 20 goal season in his whole career.
All fair points,but don’t you think his goal scoring record is lower this season,because he’s not getting the same service this year?not sure I’m right in this but he’s missed a few games due to covid rather than injuries??,28 years of age for me is his prime,we ve been screaming out for a 20 goal a season striker,mentality of our fan base is all wrong,5 million ain’t good business and I ll stand by that no matter what,10 million plus then fair enough the club need the money,I’d reluctantly except if he’s sold
For the record, I would prefer he stayed but if we got cash that can help the club in the short, medium and long term that would be pragmatic.