He's looking for some spare tickst stubs so he can go to Liverpool away
lockey1927

VINCENT TAN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCENT TAN

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:33 am

lockey1927 wrote:He's looking for some spare tickst stubs so he can go to Liverpool away

:bluescarf:
:lol: :lol:

Well he won’t be having mine
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby lockey1927 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:36 am

No doubt he will turn up for this one though, we haven't seen him for years
lockey1927

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:04 am

lockey1927 wrote:No doubt he will turn up for this one though, we haven't seen him for years

Reckon he won't; but the other sychophants attached to him will be...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:30 am

Sven wrote:
lockey1927 wrote:No doubt he will turn up for this one though, we haven't seen him for years

Reckon he won't; but the other sychophants attached to him will be...

Yep he will not turn up. Why should he? Unlike most other football owners he does not have their interest. To him its a normal business where he is trying to make it a worthwhile asset to sell on. He is not been doing a good job on that score. Also if he made an appearance he would get slaughtered by the away fans.
Bakedalasker

Postby davids » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:25 pm

He was definitely at Anfield the first time we were in the Premier League - he had on his sunglasses and leather gloves and was playing the role of "pantomime villain".

It was just before Malky got the boot and I think a lot of City fans spent most of the afternoon singing the "Don't sack Mackay" song to the tune of "Achy Breaky Heart"

Despite the lyrics, Tan never really "had a riot" on his hands when Malky eventually got the sack.

Very much doubt he'll turn up for this one.

In fact, I wonder if we'll ever see him at a game again?
davids

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 am

davids wrote:He was definitely at Anfield the first time we were in the Premier League - he had on his sunglasses and leather gloves and was playing the role of "pantomime villain".

It was just before Malky got the boot and I think a lot of City fans spent most of the afternoon singing the "Don't sack Mackay" song to the tune of "Achy Breaky Heart"

Despite the lyrics, Tan never really "had a riot" on his hands when Malky eventually got the sack.

Still singing it 45 minutes after the end of the match to rapturous applause from the Scousers :bluebird:
Bluebird For Life

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
davids wrote:He was definitely at Anfield the first time we were in the Premier League - he had on his sunglasses and leather gloves and was playing the role of "pantomime villain".

Still singing it 45 minutes after the end of the match to rapturous applause from the Scousers :bluebird:

Same as Villa away. Good times. I always look back and imagine what a force we would have been if we'd stayed blue because even with the fanbase divided Malky brought the whole club together whilst Tan was the super villain.
nubbsy

Postby maccydee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:44 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Same as Villa away. Good times. I always look back and imagine what a force we would have been if we'd stayed blue because even with the fanbase divided Malky brought the whole club together whilst Tan was the super villain.

Malky who fully supported the red as it meant he got stupid amounts of money to blow.

Was it divided or was it together? You can’t contradict yourself in one post.

He won’t be there. He has more pressing concerns quite clearly back home.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:27 am

Let’s be honest an owner who has watched our club No more than 4 times in 4 years , yet is in London every month

His Chairman Dalman & CEO Choo live in London

We have an owner who cares not one bit about our club and that’s the truth

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Let’s be honest an owner who has watched our club No more than 4 times in 4 years , yet is in London every month

Without getting into semantics, if he didnt care one bit, why would he stay? He could walk away, and leave us deep in the shit if he chose to, at his cost of course, but to keep saying he doesn't care one bit, is a stretch.
Please dont retort with the tan lovers reply Annis, as the only men I love are my brothers and father.
Thelast parachute payment we had, got eaten by players and staff wages( paid in full, no furlough)last yr, when we were deprived of any matchday incomes due to closed stadium.
We cannot expect tan to just keep spending all the time, look at todays news, bristol city.boro.and others looking like they could be in troble with ffp.at least for now, we seem to be keeping clear of that trouble.
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Let’s be honest an owner who has watched our club No more than 4 times in 4 years , yet is in London every month

Without getting into semantics, if he didnt care one bit, why would he stay? He could walk away, and leave us deep in the shit if he chose to, at his cost of course, but to keep saying he doesn't care one bit, is a stretch.
Please dont retort with the tan lovers reply Annis, as the only men I love are my brothers and father.
Thelast parachute payment we had, got eaten by players and staff wages( paid in full, no furlough)last yr, when we were deprived of any matchday incomes due to closed stadium.
We cannot expect tan to just keep spending all the time, look at todays news, bristol city.boro.and others looking like they could be in troble with ffp.at least for now, we seem to be keeping clear of that trouble.
bluesince62

Postby JulesK » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:40 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Good post.
Like you I’m neither a Tan lover or hater.
I think he’s doing a great job in extremely difficult circumstances.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Good post.

Your forgetting we are in this debt, position in league, squad not worth much after his 12 years if total control and that is a fact

I have Nothing to thank Tan for , nothing at all.

And let’s not forget the Rebrand that divided our club and stripped us of our identity and pride and we still have a pathetic badge.

Short memories

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Canton104 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Sooner he sells up the better and hopefully he takes his red seats with him.
Canton104

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 pm

Canton104 wrote:Sooner he sells up the better and hopefully he takes his red seats with him.

You still attend, so you seemingly can't be that upset and/or principled on the matter? :?:

And who have you got to replace him (the obvious curren non-starter apart)? :?

Or perhaps you love the club enough to realise no one is bigger than it and no one is in charge forever, so will bide your time until the right person comes along whilst supporting the team more than trashing the owner regardless of who he might be (and we've had a lot worse)? ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Canton104 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Sven wrote:
Canton104 wrote:Sooner he sells up the better and hopefully he takes his red seats with him.

You still attend, so you seemingly can't be that upset and/or principled on the matter? :?:

And who have you got to replace him (the obvious curren non-starter apart)? :?

Or perhaps you love the club enough to realise no one is bigger than it and no one is in charge forever, so will bide your time until the right person comes along whilst supporting the team more than trashing the owner regardless of who he might be (and we've had a lot worse)? ;)

I still attend as I love my Club but that doesn’t mean I’ve got to like Tan and the fools he employs or the complete hash he’s made of owning this Club.
Canton104

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Good post.

Your forgetting we are in this debt, position in league, squad not worth much after his 12 years if total control and that is a fact

And let’s not forget the Rebrand that divided our club and stripped us of our identity and pride and we still have a pathetic badge.

Short memories

Annis, we know your stance on tan, and we understand it will NEVER change. But to accuse others of having short memories? We all know what happened with the rebrand, but most have moved on, ill never forget it, but have learned to forgive, after all he changed us back.( for whatever reason people choose to believe).
We had 30m of debt whilst sam was here, ask yourself what that would equate to in todays money?
I dont hate or love either of them personally, but of late with covid, I am glad tan has been here to steer us through severe financial constraint( last yr especially).
We could have had an owner that continued to splash the cash, and find ourselves in the position of clubs like.derby.reading.b.city.boro. & probably a couple more before the season ends!
Sam also changed the badge remember.
I dont get the fact sams mistakes(which nearly cost us our club) and debt when he left,seem to be brushed under the carpet, because some had "closer ties" to him, and we were supposed to be in a better place, better football, crowds growing etc etc.
Yet we never reached the prem with sam in charge, he fell short of his goal, and left us in big debt! ( 30m back then was big).not for want of trying ill agree, but that was a decade ago, and I still support cardiff city, I've never got into the politics of owners, in fact never been that bothered, as long as ive had my team to support, but neither love or hate any owners in particular.
bluesince62

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Good post.

Short memories

Speaking of short memories. Lots to be grateful for.

Stopping us from going bust when his money paid off the taxman.
Getting shot of the egg men and Riddler from our club.
League cup final appearance.
Two premier league seasons. One of those in blue.
Improved training facilities.
Expansion of the stadium which has meant my country playing at my football team’s stadium.
Debt now secured against one person, that debt has had a large amount written off.

True it’s gone a bit tits up. But to make us sustainable we had to take pain at some stage. We haven’t had a sustainable club pretty much ever.
maccydee

Postby Canton104 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:20 pm

He may have changed us back but that eyesore in the Upper Ninian is a constant reminder.
Canton104

Postby Canton104 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:24 pm

He may have changed us back but that eyesore in the Upper Ninian is a constant reminder.
Canton104

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:49 pm

maccydee wrote:

Expansion of the stadium which has meant my country playing at my football team’s stadium.
Debt now secured against one person, that debt has had a large amount written off.

True it’s gone a bit tits up. But to make us sustainable we had to take pain at some stage. We haven’t had a sustainable club pretty much ever.

His money paid of the tax man? So what did our season ticket money pay off?
Riddler got us to the FA Cup final.
Two Premier season of which the first one totally spoilt by the Rebrand. 40 to 50 years a lot of us waited for that only to be spoilt by one mans ego.
Gone a bit tits up? We are fighting relegation with a bunch of kids mainly.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

His money paid of the tax man? So what did our season ticket money pay off?
Riddler got us to the FA Cup final.
Two Premier season of which the first one totally spoilt by the Rebrand. 40 to 50 years a lot of us waited for that only to be spoilt by one mans ego.
Gone a bit tits up? We are fighting relegation with a bunch of kids mainly.

That was to pay other debts. It wasn’t used to cover the HMRC debt as we were in court facing being wound up not long after. The result was that we had already spent our incoming monies for the following season.

Riddler did take us to the FA Cup Final. You are correct. I’ve never said it was all bad under him. In fact just prior to that FA Cup Final I thought as a club we were heading the right way. Little did we know what was happening behind the scenes. Everything was geared to take us up and as we failed to, it all went really, really bad. Bad as in no club bad.

Had we got to the premier league under DJ/Riddler we would have bought better than Malky did.

Yep totally agree one man’s ego ruined it. Malky has a lot to answer for.
maccydee

Return to General Chat