:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

STEVE MORISON WILL UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FANS

Thursday 13th January 2022

Is Kieffer Moore available to play?

“No. Covid, he hasn’t trained, he’s not fit.“

Is Joe Ralls available?

“Yeah, he was just rested [against Preston).”

Watters update

“He is training and fit,Whether he is involved at the weekend I am yet to decide.”

Steve Morison

STEVE MORISON:

More players coming in?

"We will see. We are still working on some players. Whether they happen we don’t know, but we will do our best to bring people in.”

“We are working with a very small, tight budget,but we are getting there, more loan players still might come .”

"There is still a good couple of weeks to go.”

"We have done some business now but I think it will be after Bristol City leading into Nottingham Forest if there is going to be stuff. The Premier League clubs will know where they are then.”

"That’s when the busiest period will happen."

“ READ BELOW STEVE MORISON’S UPDATES “
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON:

Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:52 am

STEVE MORISON:

Steve Morison on Leandro Bacuna

Leo is a nice lad. He comes in, does his work. He is not an issue or a problem.

He is an easy going guy. I have played him in a midfield three and I don’t see him in anything else other than a midfielder.

He is another player who has got to fight for his place in the team.

We can’t use him again this weekend, so we are not overly concerned about that this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:55 am

“ REMAINING CCFC FIXTURES “

Sat Jan 15 Blackburn Rovers H

Sat Jan 22 Bristol City A 12:30pm :bluebird:

:bluebird: Sunday Jan 29 4pm Cardiff City Nottingham Forest live on Sky , City will get £150,000 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 5 Barnsley A PP

Sat Feb 5 FACUP 4th Rd Liverpool v Cardiff City

Tue Feb 8 Peterborough United H

Sat Feb 12 Millwall A

Sat Feb 19 Blackpool H
Wed Feb 23 Huddersfield Town A
Sat Feb 26 Fulham H

Sat Mar 5 Queens Park Rangers A
Sat Mar 12 Preston North End H
Wed Mar 16 Stoke City H
Sat Mar 19 Middlesbrough A

Sat Apr 2 Swansea City H
Sat Apr 9 Reading A
Fri Apr 15 Hull City A
Mon Apr 18 Luton Town H
Sat Apr 23 Sheffield United A
Sat Apr 30 Birmingham City H

Sat May 7 Derby County A

Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:34 am

STEVE MORISON:

Tom Sang's position explained:

I’ve had the conversation with Tom, I personally don’t see him as a wing-back.

I see him as a midfield option.

That’s where he has got to fight for his place along with the other midfielders. That’s my opinion.

At the minute, my opinion is that I didn’t see him as direct competition for Perry, Joel or Ryan Giles when he was here.

So, he is in the mix with the other five or six centre midfielders. It’s a tough place to be because there’s a lot of good players there.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:34 am

STEVE MORISON:

Morison on the FA Cup fourth round clash with Liverpool:

At the minute, the only benefit from it is a financial boost for the club.

The club needs the money and games like this help.

What I need to do is stop talking about Liverpool until the week before Liverpool. That is irrelevant right now.

Blackburn, Bristol and Nottingham Forest is important. Everything else is irrelevant.

We will give you everything we can in the build up to that game, but I would appreciate not talking about Liverpool.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:52 am

STEVE MORISON:

“ A lot went in to getting Cody Drameh on loan from Leeds.”

"We had to produce a presentation for Leeds to show that we were the right team for him. We showed them how we could help him and his development.”

“Remember Cody has only played three times for their first team and we need to show how we are going to help him be a first team player.”

"The work the guys did in the office, the analysis team, the presentation that they put together was second to none. The feedback from that was excellent.

"Then there were relations with different people there.

"Myself, my other coaching staff, we all came together as a team. The board put the final pieces together with the financial side. It was a a real team effort and I'd like to thank everyone involved."

“ I had to lean on contacts up at Leeds, call in favours.”

The 20 year old has made three appearances for the Elland Road Club, his debut in the League Cup last October.

It is believed that Cardiff are paying 50% of Drameh wages till the season finishes, about £1,500 a week.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:54 am

STEVE MORISON:

Morison on his enjoyment of the job

I love it! It’s the next best thing from playing. It’s good.

I’m not that guy who jumps up and down in the air, I just get on with my job. We come to work with the smile on our face and it’s a nice atmosphere here.

Everyone always asks, my friends and that, and my answer is always, it’s a great job when you win! Just make sure you don’t get too down when you don’t win.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:55 am

STEVE MORISON:

Mark Harris verdict:

I haven’t really thought about his conversion rate. He’s scored the winning goal.

I don’t need to tell you that he should have had two! But if you are a one in one striker then you’re in the top echelons of the game.

As long as you keep contributing as well as he is then I am more than happy with him.

I’ve seen him and everyone progress. He’s getting better. Initially he was better off the bench, he is now starting to perform better when he starts.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:56 am

STEVE MORISON:

Morison on Blackburn:

They are a really good team. Got the second-top scorer in the league, we are going to need to be on our game.

We need to be the best version of ourselves to get the result.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:00 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Morison on Ryan Wintle's contribution against Preston:

He played a part in getting us over the line. We managed him in terms of him being away for Covid, having one day’s training and then playing for Blackpool.

We looked after him that week, he was excellent when he come on, as was everyone else.

He’s a fit body, he gives me a decision to make.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Ryan Giles has gone, left side difficult now?

No. Joel [Bagan] was there on Sunday and did excellent.

We just need people to help us out, we need numbers.

We are coming into a very busy period, with the added FA Cup game, everyone will have to play a part.

Steve Morison

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Morison is asked about departures?

It’s not something… we’ve done something with a couple of the younger players.

If there are opportunities for players to play elsewhere or they don’t think they are going to play here then we will look into.

At the minute, no one has given us a call about anyone apart from the two that have left. We will take those conversations as they come.

I’m not actively looking to move anyone on at the minute.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:10 pm

STEVE MORISON:

More players coming in?

"We will see. We are still working on some players. Whether they happen we don’t know, but we will do our best to bring people in.”

“We are working with a very small, tight budget,but we are getting there, more loan players still might come .”

"There is still a good couple of weeks to go.”

"We have done some business now but I think it will be after Bristol City leading into Nottingham Forest if there is going to be stuff. The Premier League clubs will know where they are then.”

"That’s when the busiest period will happen."

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 pm

STEVE MORISON

Kieffer Moore, accept he will just be a target in every window?

Ultimately, every window it is a conversation. It’s just something that’s made up in the press, because until someone gives us an actual phone call, it feels like a bit of a pointless conversation.

We keep having the same conversation and nothing ever changes. As far as I’m concerned, Kieffer hasn’t knocked on my door or an agent hasn’t phoned me up, or the board.

Chris Wood signs for Newcastle and everyone will be telling me he is going to Burnley tomorrow.

Someone puts it on social media and it causes an unnecessary storm.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:16 pm

How do you see the Drameh, Ng, Bagan situation?

STEVE MORISON:

I think it’s just competition. It’s competition across the board and it brings out the best in everyone.

You can see that. I don’t think we’ve had enough competition here. It’s been too set - when this person is fit they play etc. You want to push and get the best out of people.

Us asking and demanding only goes so far. Seeing someone sit next to you in the dressing room trying to take your place only adds to the competition.

Bringing the likes of Cody in will hopefully see others push their game. Everyone knows they are one game away from not playing

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ‘ THURSDAY 13th JANUARY 2022 ‘

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:39 pm

Is Kieffer Moore available to play?

“No. Covid, he hasn’t trained, he’s not fit.“

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Drameh verdict as Morison confirms the new man will play at right-back?

STEVE MORISON:

He’s an attacking, athletic, quick full-back.

Leeds really like him, see him as one of their high potential players.

Someone who has come in to help us out and hopefully he can add something to us on the pitch.

Really pleased, first time playing at Championship level, we will see how he gets on.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:47 pm

Steve Morison:

“We need numbers and strengthening.”

Steve Morison hopes the signing of Cody Drameh from Leeds United is the first of many in this transfer window.

Drameh comes in to assuage the loss of Ryan Giles, who returned to his parent club Wolves at the beginning of the month.

Chanka Zimba and James Connolly have gone out on loan and it looks unlikely many, if any, others will leave in the foreseeable.

It's now about adding to the group and Morison said he needs the right personnel through the door by the closing of the window.

"We just need people to help us out, we need numbers," Morison said on Thursday.”

“We want to stay in the Championship, so I new a couple more loan players.”

“ We need a few more players and like I said the Liverpool game will bring some needed cash in to the club.”

“After the Bristol City and Forest game , we should be able to get more loan players from clubs.”