Kieffer Moore- Go? Price? : I have generally

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Kiefer Moore- Go? Price? : I have gener

Postby Blue78 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:11 pm

caerblue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
caerblue wrote:This club are run by clowns,how can you agree to sell a player,who has just scored 20 goals for just £5 million,no wonder we are in a financial mess

Because if that is the only offer, that is the only offer. Reality is that the club didn’t sell him for £5m as they weren’t happy with the terms.

He is worth less than that now - £5m might have been the best we got.

Just out of curiosity,why do you think he is now worth less?

He older, he’s closer to the end of his contract, his goal scoring record is nowhere near the level of last season (much more aligned to previous seasons), he appears to be picking up more injuries/illness.

If we got £8-£10m for him then selling should be a no brainer, if we got £5m guaranteed and in cash then we will have done well. How would we feel about paying that much for a striker who has had one 20 goal season in his whole career.
All fair points,but don’t you think his goal scoring record is lower this season,because he’s not getting the same service this year?not sure I’m right in this but he’s missed a few games due to covid rather than injuries??,28 years of age for me is his prime,we ve been screaming out for a 20 goal a season striker,mentality of our fan base is all wrong,5 million ain’t good business and I ll stand by that no matter what,10 million plus then fair enough the club need the money,I’d reluctantly except if he’s sold
For the record, I would prefer he stayed but if we got cash that can help the club in the short, medium and long term that would be pragmatic.

Yes it might be because his service isn’t as good, but Giles has an outstanding assist record and Moore has missed some absolute sitters, two in the first half against Bournemouth as an example.

He will be 30 in August this year.

Some had been Covid but some has been injury as well - and he missed games last season due to injury.

Ultimately, much like anything he is only worth what anyone is willing to pay for him. We’d all prefer £10m but if selling him for £5m allows us to bring more players in and make the first team stronger then so be it. Especially if the lack of service means he isn’t going to score as many anyway.

If that money isn’t going to be spent, then I think that is a different matter…but unless he has a purple patch his value will be less come the summer.
Blue78

Re: Kiefer Moore- Go? Price? : I have gener

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Kieffer Moore- Go? Price? : I have gener

Postby maccydee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:58 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Wanting to keep him is not the real issue. The real question is …. If he is sold for whatever value …. Will that value be used in FULL to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players .

I am confident that we will be much stronger …. Particularly he very understandably wants to go. Kiefer Moore of today is not the Kiefer Morre of yesteryear.

More importantly if the money is spent, will it be wasted on League 1 and 2 players who will add nothing to our already poor squad :bluebird:

What like the player hypothetically being sold to raise that 5 million? That was poor wasn’t it?

Or a centre back like McGuinness?
maccydee

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:18 am

maccydee wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Wanting to keep him is not the real issue. The real question is …. If he is sold for whatever value …. Will that value be used in FULL to buy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players .

I am confident that we will be much stronger …. Particularly he very understandably wants to go. Kiefer Moore of today is not the Kiefer Morre of yesteryear.

More importantly if the money is spent, will it be wasted on League 1 and 2 players who will add nothing to our already poor squad :bluebird:

What like the player hypothetically being sold to raise that 5 million? That was poor wasn’t it?

Or a centre back like McGuinness?

Well said! But i dont think the money would be given to morison to make any permanent signings, if the club ate looking to replace him come seasons end, perhaps(if moore goes early) he may be given enough to make some more loan signings.
bluesince62

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am

Is Moores "value" effected by his Wales place? He's had one 20 goal season and for half of this season has been a massive disappointment. For league form alone he has nothing in his cv whatsoever that indicates he is a premier league forward. Which he isn't yet as Burnley or no one else have bought him. The only bit that supports him having a value of anything approaching £5 or £10 million is that Burnley have just banked £25 million for Chris Wood.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Is Moores "value" effected by his Wales place? He's had one 20 goal season and for half of this season has been a massive disappointment. For league form alone he has nothing in his cv whatsoever that indicates he is a premier league forward. Which he isn't yet as Burnley or no one else have bought him. The only bit that supports him having a value of anything approaching £5 or £10 million is that Burnley have just banked £25 million for Chris Wood.

I think that's a point well made.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Moore is the best striker we've had for years but if you take our emotions out of this, his record at league level, last season aside, is average.

His performances at Wales level have been excellent, however, we know that he isn't picked every game because referees don't like his style and he's likely to get booked every time he plays, would that be the same at Premier level and is that something teams would be wary of ?

That said, teams struggling at the bottom of the Prem table may think it's a gamble worth taking because he'd be fine in the Championship if they did get relegated.

I would be surprised if there was any truth in the Bournemouth rumour as I don't think he fits their style.

A case of waiting and seeing I suppose. I can't blame Moore for wanting a big money move though, he's not even close to one of our biggest earners and, at 29, this could be his last chance of making some serious money.
piledriver64

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:11 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Is Moores "value" effected by his Wales place? He's had one 20 goal season and for half of this season has been a massive disappointment. For league form alone he has nothing in his cv whatsoever that indicates he is a premier league forward. Which he isn't yet as Burnley or no one else have bought him. The only bit that supports him having a value of anything approaching £5 or £10 million is that Burnley have just banked £25 million for Chris Wood.

It’s the typical use it to slam the board approach on here.

We have two strikers with very similar records (one goal in three over their career at similar levels). One of those strikers is 31 in august, the other was 32 just gone in december. One of those strikers was bought for 1 million odd and the other a free transfer. Both are having inconsistent seasons in the same team where creativity is at a premium.

One was linked away and therefore it showed a complete lack of ambition if he was sold. This speculation includes apparent bids that were accepted for a variety of fees. Those figures are going down as the criticism is doubled down upon.

The other was signed at the end of his contract therefore no fee was paid and that’s showed a lack of ambition.

Classic case that shows things are heavily skewed to have a pop at the board no matter what they do.
maccydee

Postby BargoedBluebird25 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 am

How can you lot moan he isn’t the same player as he was last season, he’s the best striker we have had since chopra/bothroyd. The problem is everyone around him, our midfield is probably one of the worst I have ever seen it’s absolutely horrendous. How can you expect a player to be what he was last year without the likes of Wilson and Ojo giving him better service. The team should be built around Moore and right now we ain’t doing that, simple as.
BargoedBluebird25

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:27 pm

BargoedBluebird25 wrote:How can you lot moan he isn’t the same player as he was last season, he’s the best striker we have had since chopra/bothroyd. The problem is everyone around him, our midfield is probably one of the worst I have ever seen it’s absolutely horrendous. How can you expect a player to be what he was last year without the likes of Wilson and Ojo giving him better service. The team should be built around Moore and right now we ain’t doing that, simple as.

Tend to agree but if you are not going to put players around him that are capable of giving him the service then its pointless hanging onto him.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
BargoedBluebird25 wrote:How can you lot moan he isn’t the same player as he was last season, he’s the best striker we have had since chopra/bothroyd. The problem is everyone around him, our midfield is probably one of the worst I have ever seen it’s absolutely horrendous. How can you expect a player to be what he was last year without the likes of Wilson and Ojo giving him better service. The team should be built around Moore and right now we ain’t doing that, simple as.

Tend to agree but if you are not going to put players around him that are capable of giving him the service then its pointless hanging onto him.

This is true.

I am interested what Sang could do centre mid and how that would change things.
maccydee

Postby City slicker27 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:43 pm

Depends how much we would get for him and how much of the transfer would be reinvested. Given his form and recent injury record, we probably won't be looking at £7mill as has been quoted from last season- if true. January is a difficult window to do business in anyway and Moore is the striker we've been looking for, for a number of seasons - ironic that we are now moving away from a direct approach. I wouldnt put much confidence in the board replacing him during this window if sold in addition to other players.

For me, he is our best option upfront. He has shown last year and on international duty that if he is given decent service, he will score. Id be looking to use the small amount of money available to bring in loan players that could provide better service for him.
City slicker27

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

This is true.

I am interested what Sang could do centre mid and how that would change things.

And Wyntle.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:14 pm

Well Kieffer is out with Covid, by the time he fully recoverers it will be to late to sell him :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby stickywicket » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Providing at least some of the money goes towards a replacement I would sell.
He's been absent for long periods this season.
stickywicket

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well Kieffer is out with Covid, by the time he fully recoverers it will be to late to sell him :thumbright: :bluebird:

Not theoretically true with omicron Annis,thus today the isolation period has been reduced to 5 days.

My brother had tested positive last Saturday, and was told 10 days, now he has to take 2 lateral flow tests, one today, one tomorrow, if both are negative, he can return to work straight away.so although its going to be close to 10 days for him anyway( as only changed today) for a lot of people, it will allow them to return to work earlier than the old rules, which should helo the economy, and more importantly the health sector.
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well Kieffer is out with Covid, by the time he fully recoverers it will be to late to sell him :thumbright: :bluebird:

Not theoretically true with omicron Annis,thus today the isolation period has been reduced to 5 days.

My brother had tested positive last Saturday, and was told 10 days, now he has to take 2 lateral flow tests, one today, one tomorrow, if both are negative, he can return to work straight away.so although its going to be close to 10 days for him anyway( as only changed today) for a lot of people, it will allow them to return to work earlier than the old rules, which should helo the economy, and more importantly the health sector.
bluesince62

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:41 am

Moore linked to the Hammers now :roll:
FOOTSOLDIER

Previous

Return to General Chat