JANUARY TRANSFER/LOAN WINDOW RUMOUR THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER/LOAN WINDOW RUMOUR THREAD

Postby Bluebird 67 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 am

Wolves summer target Kieffer Moore could now make Bournemouth move
By Tom Procter

Kieffer Moore is reportedly being lined up by Championship leaders Bournemouth, after the striker was heavily linked with Wolves last summer.

The Sun have claimed the Cherries are interested in snapping up the Wales international from Cardiff City.

Scott Parker is apparently keen on him to provide cover and competition.

The report notes how Cardiff were ‘close’ to selling Moore to Wolves in the summer.

After the club declined to sign Willian Jose permanently, there was some speculation that Molineux officials would move for a new striker.

After all, Raul Jimenez was coming back from his head injury and no one was really sure how he’d get on.

And Fabio Silva is still very raw.

Wolves were linked quite heavily with a move for Moore but in the end, nothing materialised.

Since those transfer links, Moore has not been in particularly good form for Cardiff.

He has managed just five goals in 24 games so far this term.

Despite that fairly uninspiring return, Bournemouth are now supposedly keen to sign 29-year-old.

He is valued at around £10 million by Cardiff, with Bournemouth hoping to get him for less.

Kieffer Moore should still be someone to consider for Wolves
Wolves have struggled to score goals this season, but the chances have been there.

In an ideal world, recruitment officials would bring in another striker this month.

Moore would bring something different for Wolves. He would potentially finish off some of those chances the team have been creating – especially the aerial ones.

It looks like Wolves will be having a quiet month. If there is to be any incoming it could be a centre-back, with Lage reiterating his desire to strengthen there.

But you never know. If Traore is sold, maybe the money can be reinvested into a deal for Moore, or someone like him, and a centre-back.
Attachments
GettyImages-1361975430-scaled.jpg
GettyImages-1361975430-scaled.jpg (632.04 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
Bluebird 67

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Amad Diallo

Postby M4 Exile » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:37 am

Man Utd youngster, loan to Birmingham has just fallen through.

Pacy attacker, just what we need. Bring him in.
M4 Exile

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:02 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:Wolves summer target Kieffer Moore could now make Bournemouth move
By Tom Procter

Kieffer Moore is reportedly being lined up by Championship leaders Bournemouth, after the striker was heavily linked with Wolves last summer.

The Sun have claimed the Cherries are interested in snapping up the Wales international from Cardiff City.

Scott Parker is apparently keen on him to provide cover and competition.

The report notes how Cardiff were ‘[i]close’ to selling Moore to Wolves in the summer.

After the club declined to sign Willian Jose permanently, there was some speculation that Molineux officials would move for a new striker.

After all, Raul Jimenez was coming back from his head injury and no one was really sure how he’d get on.

And Fabio Silva is still very raw.

Wolves were linked quite heavily with a move for Moore but in the end, nothing materialised.

Since those transfer links, Moore has not been in particularly good form for Cardiff.

He has managed just five goals in 24 games so far this term.

Despite that fairly uninspiring return, Bournemouth are now supposedly keen to sign 29-year-old.

He is valued at around £10 million by Cardiff, with Bournemouth hoping to get him for less.

Kieffer Moore should still be someone to consider for Wolves
Wolves have struggled to score goals this season, but the chances have been there.

In an ideal world, recruitment officials would bring in another striker this month.

Moore would bring something different for Wolves. He would potentially finish off some of those chances the team have been creating – especially the aerial ones.

It looks like Wolves will be having a quiet month. If there is to be any incoming it could be a centre-back, with Lage reiterating his desire to strengthen there.

But you never know. If Traore is sold, maybe the money can be reinvested into a deal for Moore, or someone like him, and a centre-back.[/i]

Had a little think about this one before commenting, as on the surface it is just another 'story' that may or may not develop

Firstly, who amongst us would want Keiffer to move on right now?

It could be argued he hasn't continued the 'form' of last season and once he got his head and fitness sorted, his form has been 'patchy' on the face of it; but there are mitigating factors, such as the comparative lack of support around him after the departure of several 'flair' players like Wilson, Ojo and Hoillet

Despite his lack of goals and frequent injuries this season, he is still our best option up front and his work rate off the ball is phenomenal (and not always appreciated)

Of course, we would get a 'fee' (likely around £5m rather than the £10m the club are claimed to want) but if an offer were to be made, any 'fee' received would unlikely be re-invested 'at this point'

And who reliably takes his place going into a critical sequence of games that could push us back nearly 20 years?

My personal opinion is that we need Keiffer Moore than ever and the money likely to be gotten (the club last time insisted on cash up front but that is not common practice) would be a drop in the ocean in comparison to staying in the Championship and resetting in the summer

The story states Bournemouth/Parker want him 'as cover', so how woukd that fit in to his (Keiffer's) Wales ambitions?

For me, Keiffer needs to stay and get back to his old self ahead of a critical period for the Bluebirds and for himself and his Wales ambitions should take care of themselves

He/we can worry about his future again at the end of the season :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby montyblue » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am

I did say earlier thid season when wolves where looking at moore we needed to keep and see where we are in January if safe then perhaps we could sell
but i really think we need to keep our best player although he has not scored a lot this season the service has been from giles only
and now he has gone
i really think we are falling apart on and off the field and with dripford putting his penathworth in also and court case on the horizon and our position in the table
it would not suprise me if he left everything seems to be against us at the moment and we are on a real bad run of luck and rudderless from the top of the club.
montyblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:24 am

montyblue wrote:I did say earlier thid season when wolves where looking at moore we needed to keep and see where we are in January if safe then perhaps we could sell
but i really think we need to keep our best player although he has not scored a lot this season the service has been from giles only
and now he has gone
i really think we are falling apart on and off the field and with dripford putting his penathworth in also and court case on the horizon and our position in the table
it would not suprise me if he left everything seems to be against us at the moment and we are on a real bad run of luck and rudderless from the top of the club.

About sums it all up.

Why would Moore want to stay? I wouldn't if I was in his shoes. We are now a club that will be very lucky to avoid relegation. I'll go as far as saying we will struggle in League One. All of it is not looking good and there is little confidence that things are going to get better with this management in place.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
montyblue wrote:I did say earlier thid season when wolves where looking at moore we needed to keep and see where we are in January if safe then perhaps we could sell
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

Why would Moore want to stay? I wouldn't if I was in his shoes. We are now a club that will be very lucky to avoid relegation. I'll go as far as saying we will struggle in League One. All of it is not looking good and there is little confidence that things are going to get better with this management in place.

Lucky to avoid relegation? Based on what?

Haven’t been in relegation zone all season and our form has us 18th. Performances and results have improved a lot under Morison.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Rumours that recent Bluebird 'loanee' could be allowed back out soon are gathering

However, word that the 'Jacks' would be attempting to sign him, if he were to become available again, are 'well wide of the mark' with the Bluebirds favourite to get him back

Ryan Giles return to the Bluebirds woukd be a massive boost, if it were to happen :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:52 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

Haven’t been in relegation zone all season and our form has us 18th. Performances and results have improved a lot under Morison.

If it was not for the fact Derby and Reading were deducted point we would be in the relegation zone.

You say we have improved under SM. Well that is not difficult considering what MM did for us. However, it not proving good enough and it would not surprise me if Reading pass us and even Derby.
Bakedalasker

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER Rarmani Edmonds-Green,

Postby Igovernor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:55 am

Derby County, Cardiff City and Preston in race to sign Huddersfield star Edmonds-Green

Derby County, Preston North End, Barnsley & Cardiff City are in a race to sign Rotherham defender Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Football Insider has learned.

The 22-year-old has been an impressive ever-present for the League One leaders during a season-long loan spell from Huddersfield.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Huddersfield are expecting bids for Edmonds-Green going into the January window.

His contract is due to expire next summer and a six-figure bid is likely to be enough to seal a deal.

Rotherham sit top of the League One table and Edmonds-Green has played a significant role in their success.

After only featuring in one of the Millers’ first four games of the season, he has established himself as a key player.

15 starts and seven clean sheets have followed with Rotherham firmly in contention for an immediate return to the second tier.

After joining Rotherham on loan, Huddersfield’s head of football operations Leigh Bromby told the club site he has “high hopes” for the young defender.

He also revealed a full season of League One football was “important” for Edmonds-Green’s development.

As confirmed in that interview, Town have the ability to recall the defender from his loan in January.

During his career, Edmonds-Green has already amassed some Championship experience.

Following three loan spells at Brighouse Town, Bromley and Swindon Town, Edmonds-Green made 24 second-tier appearances for Huddersfield last season.

The majority of these came in the second half of the season as he missed a significant portion of the campaign with a hip injury.

Derby remain rooted to the bottom of the Championship with Cardiff and Barnsley also in the relegation picture.
Igovernor

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

If it was not for the fact Derby and Reading were deducted point we would be in the relegation zone.

You say we have improved under SM. Well that is not difficult considering what MM did for us. However, it not proving good enough and it would not surprise me if Reading pass us and even Derby.

Who are we going to catch above us though?
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

No one by the looks of it.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

No one by the looks of it.

We shall see mate.

Difference is if I’m right I’ll still be unhappy at the way the season has gone but if you are right you will be delighted that Tan has overseen our fall to league one.

Well we did say rather be blue in league two.
maccydee

Zach dunning Halifax Town?

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:53 pm

Rummour is we are in talks with him ,don't know anything about him tbh,anyone got info on him ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Re: Zach dunning Halifax Town?

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 pm

For FxxKS Sake our kids aren’t good enough and we are looking at National League??
keanoswinklepickers

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:01 pm

keanoswinklepickers wrote:For FxxKS Sake our kids aren’t good enough and we are looking at National League??

I cant even see a player called that on there books could be bull shit .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:01 pm

We’ll be be bidding for Kimbongo next from Chesterfield!
keanoswinklepickers

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:12 pm

Then again better than sick note Keiffor Moore.
keanoswinklepickers

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:25 am

keanoswinklepickers wrote:For FxxKS Sake our kids aren’t good enough and we are looking at National League??

More to the point FFS! a poster kicking off at "Rumours" lol.
We have signed a younster from leeds, not good enough either???
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:41 am

wez1927 wrote:Rummour is we are in talks with him ,don't know anything about him tbh,anyone got info on him ?

This is exactly why there is a 'rumour' thread, so moved... :thumbup:
Sven

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

If it wasn't for the fact that Junior scored the winner against us, Reading's only shot of the game...sometimes we are all guilty of re-writing history, but the facts are that Derby and Barnsley are toast, with Posh a distant third, and Reading coming off a 7 goal hiding. I'm not overly confident about us as we are fragile, but we have improved since the disaster of McCarthy, and are competitive, if lacking in quality in key areas.

Anyhow CTID
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
and now he has gone

About sums it all up.

We have improved under SM. He has improved a team that hadn’t been in the relegation zone and our form isn’t bottom three. You say about Derby and Reading but that’s the table. It’s not the see where Cardiff actually would be championship. You say we would be lucky to avoid relegation I say we will avoid it easily with improved performances closer to the actual quality of our squad.

Lots of hypotheticals. If malky had spent the fifth largest amount spent that summer better we would have had a squad capable of staying in the premier league.
maccydee

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 pm

Football as we know is a business.
Moore is a financial asset. He has a high value.
A company will be looking for a return on its investment so if there is a profit on the table a company will consider cashing in.
But in the long run the company’s football side need to succeed and avoid the financial losses of relegation.
Thus it needs to keep its best players or if sold to replace concurrently with players of similar quality.
It needs therefore to balance profit in the short term and the long run.
Danny Says

LATEST TRANSFER NEWS: FLINT, MOORE, LIVERPOOL & MORE

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:11 pm

LATEST NEWS:
From Sam ReaN

BURNLEY ARE LINKED WITH KIEFFER MOORE BUT ARE INSTEAD LOOKING AT INJURY-PRONE ANDY CARROLL FROM READING
https://the72.co.uk/259795/burnley-link ... y-carroll/

SUNDERLAND ARE LOOKING TO ADD TO THERE SQUAD BY CHASING AFTER ADEN FLINT FROM CARDIFF
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sourc ... ty-player/

OTHER CARDIFF NEWS:
LIVERPOOL'S MANE AND MO SALAH TO MISS CARDIFF CLASH DUE TO AFCOM FINAL DATE

CARDIFF CITY FANS ARE SET TO RETURN TO THE CARDIFF CITY STADIUM AT THE END OF JANUARY. ALMOST 2 MONTHS AWAY FROM ATTENDING THE STADIUM. THE LAST MATCH WAS CARDIFF 2-3 SHEFFIELD UTD (DECEMBER 4TH)
Attachments
CARDIFF CITY NEWS ROUND-UP.png
CARDIFF CITY NEWS ROUND-UP.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2784 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby lincoln blue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:10 pm

Tommy Doyle, central midfielder set to sign from Man City according to Sky Sports
lincoln blue

Postby Lengee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm

Yes excellent news. He is supposed to be highly thought of. No doubt with him and Wintle available the midfield has got to be better. It also means at least one of our present midfield will prob.leave.
Hopefully someone wants the services of Marlon Pack??
:bluebird: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Danny Says » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm

lincoln blue wrote:Tommy Doyle, central midfielder set to sign from Man City according to Sky Sports

Do Man City want Bacuna or Vaulks or Pack in return ;)
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:45 pm

Danny Says wrote:
lincoln blue wrote:Tommy Doyle, central midfielder set to sign from Man City according to Sky Sports

Do Man City want Bacuna or Vaulks or Pack in return ;)

Not sure but seems the Black Cats of Sunderland want Aden Flint and the Bluebirds of Cardiff may be receptive...
Sven

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 am

All seemingly not well down west...

Jamie Paterson in shock row with Swansea City and may well leave club imminently

The midfielder could now be poised to leave before the end of the January window

Jamie Paterson's Swansea City future has been thrown into major doubt amid a row over his contract extension at the club.

Paterson is understood to be unhappy with the terms of his contract extension with the Swans and it has been revealed he missed Saturday's 1-1 draw with Huddersfield after saying he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

The former Bristol City star arrived in South Wales on a free transfer in the summer and initially signed a one-year deal with the Swans.

His contract contained a clause that would allow the Swans to trigger an extended deal until the summer of 2023.

That clause was set to come into force when the player made 25 appearances. Paterson has only made 22 appearances for the club, but there was a willingness on the two sides to bring forward his prospective extension.

But it's the terms of that extension that have seemingly caused the current stand-off. It's understood Paterson himself was expecting better terms than what has been offered as part of the extended deal.

The situation has created a stand-off that could well see Paterson depart before the end of the January window, although any interested party would have to shell out a fee for his services.

WalesOnline understands as many as three clubs are now monitoring the situation, with West Brom previously credited as an admirer.

"We triggered the extension a little bit early so that's nothing to worry about now," Swansea head coach Russell Martin said last weekend.

Paterson is reported to have told Martin and Swans sporting director Mark Allen last Wednesday that he is not currently ready to play, hence not being involved against Huddersfield.

He has been a key figure for the Swans, scoring eight goals, and losing him would come as a huge blow.
Attachments
0_pato.jpg
0_pato.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
Sven

Previous

Return to General Chat