Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC BOARD response to the Trust’s open letter

Mon May 09, 2022 12:41 pm

Cardiff City have slammed the Supporters' Trust in a stunning response to an open letter sent directly to owner Vincent Tan.

The club's board came out fighting on Wednesday afternoon, declaring Cardiff City Supporters' Trust "an unrecognised official entity" and accusing its leadership of a "self-serving agenda against the club they claim to support".

The move comes hours after details emerged of a letter sent by the Trust to owner Vincent Tan, calling for changes at boardroom level amid claims of a lack of transparency and communication.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227543

Board Response To Open Letter

"The Board of Directors have been made aware of an open letter circulated by individuals within the body known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust to Tan Sri Vincent Tan. As such, the Board would like to clarify issues in respect of communication with this body and indeed the nature of this unhelpful, inaccurate and disruptive written piece.

The organisation known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 and does not meet the Football Supporters Associations (FSA’s) basic minimum requirements. For these important reasons, Cardiff City Football Club does not recognise the Trust as an official entity.

Cardiff City Football Club and its Board of Directors recognises Cardiff City Supporters’ Club as its primary supporter body, alongside the Disabled Supporters’ Association (DSA) and Cardiff City Travel Group.

It is these supporter bodies, representing Cardiff City supporters as a collective, with whom the club’s Board and its executives have constructive and healthy regular communication for the betterment of the supporter experience and indeed the long-term wellbeing of our Football Club.

It is unfortunate that a small collective of individuals chose the hours prior to kick-off against Derby County on Saturday morning to pursue a personal and self-serving agenda against the Club they claim to support."

A strong response from the board. Doesn’t seem like the club or trust will be patching things up for a while :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CCFC’s response to the Trust’s open letter

Mon May 09, 2022 12:46 pm

The fans ask for 'togetherness' and the board reply with an answer like that? :shock:

Surely a response like that will make the divide between club and fans even wider?

Mon May 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Blimey, that is a very strong response.

"The Board of Directors have been made aware of an open letter circulated by individuals within the body known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust to Tan Sri Vincent Tan. As such, the Board would like to clarify issues in respect of communication with this body and indeed the nature of this unhelpful, inaccurate and disruptive written piece.
The organisation known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 and does not meet the Football Supporters Associations (FSA’s) basic minimum requirements. For these important reasons, Cardiff City Football Club does not recognise the Trust as an official entity.

Cardiff City Football Club and its Board of Directors recognises Cardiff City Supporters’ Club as its primary supporter body, alongside the Disabled Supporters’ Association (DSA) and Cardiff City Travel Group.

It is these supporter bodies, representing Cardiff City supporters as a collective, with whom the club’s Board and its executives have constructive and healthy regular communication for the betterment of the supporter experience and indeed the long-term wellbeing of our Football Club.

It is unfortunate that a small collective of individuals chose the hours prior to kick-off against Derby County on Saturday morning to pursue a personal and self-serving agenda against the Club they claim to support".
Last edited by GrangeEndStar on Mon May 09, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 09, 2022 12:50 pm

Spot on from the football club in fairness.

Mon May 09, 2022 1:01 pm

I’m surprised the club have a statement out after only 2 days. Took me about that long to finish reading the open letter :laughing6:

Mon May 09, 2022 1:28 pm

Well if the statement "The organisation known as Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 and does not meet the Football Supporters Associations (FSA’s) basic minimum requirements." is correct then the club has a point. It's merely a group of individuals who don't have any structure of governance behind them so why would they think they have any more of a standing than you or I ?

That said, I do find it sad if this statement is true. The club/supporters would benefit from a strong, properly constituted Supporters Trust and I'm all in favour of them having a voice.

But to do that it's absolutely imperative that they are properly constituted as per the minimum guidelines quoted, otherwise they leave themselves open to accusations of lack of governance in both financial and constitutional matters which does no organisation any good. They can hardly challenge the club on matters of finance if they haven't got their own set-up in order.

If the contents of the club statement are wrong then the "Trust" need to respond quickly to correct things, if they are correct then they need to get their act together before they can expect the club to welcome them around the table.

Mon May 09, 2022 1:30 pm

The the Trust isnt a proper trust then ?

Mon May 09, 2022 1:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:The the Trust isnt a proper trust then ?

If the club statement is correct it's not a Trust, proper or improper :o :lol: :lol: :roll:

Mon May 09, 2022 1:47 pm

Large Arge wrote:I’m surprised the club have a statement out after only 2 days. Took me about that long to finish reading the open letter :laughing6:

Fair play that's good <o>

Mon May 09, 2022 1:51 pm

Whether it's a Trust or not the people involved in writing this letter are paying supporters/customers of the football club with genuine concerns of how their club is being run. To dismiss them as 'not being reconigised' just shows how out of touch the board are with the fans.

Mon May 09, 2022 1:51 pm

And within that response you have Vincent Tan. Power crazy, beyond reproach.

Asking for togetherness and positivity... and we get.. this.

Proof if ever you need it that our club is run by NON FOOTBALL people without a care in the world for the club,its overall welfare or its fans its.

This is what I saw a few years back and I was criticised by calling Tan a dictator.

Mon May 09, 2022 2:23 pm

A very long winded, drawn out and critical letter from the trust which was never going to go down well with the board..followed by a childish “I’m talking my ball home” response from the directors

The trust is pretty much irrelevant these days and the board show virtually no interest in the club

Tan in fairness has put his money where is mouth is but the club is a shambles and very poorly run

Mon May 09, 2022 2:33 pm

gazthebluebird1 wrote:Whether it's a Trust or not the people involved in writing this letter are paying supporters/customers of the football club with genuine concerns of how their club is being run. To dismiss them as 'not being reconigised' just shows how out of touch the board are with the fans.

I agree with you gaz, to just dismiss and have no empathy of the concerns of any group of fans/supporters just shows contempt.

Mon May 09, 2022 2:35 pm

Barclay1 wrote:And within that response you have Vincent Tan. Power crazy, beyond reproach.

Proof if ever you need it that our club is run by NON FOOTBALL people without a care in the world for the club,its overall welfare or its fans its.

This is what I saw a few years back and I was criticised by calling Tan a dictator.

With you on that, going back to the statement from Mr Tan, that we are not supporters "we are Customers"?

How short sighted and out of touch is that ?

:bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pm

Shocking response by the club but I’m not surprised. They have never cared about the club or the fans. The men at the top are the biggest problem at CCFC. Dalman and Choo get payed a very generous wage whilst they live in London and have no interest with the club. Get rid.

Mon May 09, 2022 3:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:And within that response you have Vincent Tan. Power crazy, beyond reproach.

Nothing to do with Tan roathie. Highly condescending letter is met with a similarly condescending response.You solve nothing from that approach except to get as good as you give.

Mon May 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Dai Hunt should be put in charge of the supporters trust - and Tan / Dalman can deal with him instead.
Im not a member of the supporters trust - always seemed to be a bit of a closed shop. I remember Tim Hartley being interviewed on Radio Wales and asked some simple questions re - how representative they were , how many people had they asked for their "survey" etc - and he couldnt answer.

The club could probably be run better. Have the trust given any plan how they would run the club and for it to make money etc ?

Better to give solutions than list demands in my opinion

Mon May 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Nothing to do with Tan roathie. Highly condescending letter is met with a similarly condescending response.You solve nothing from that approach except to get as good as you give.

My opinion it has everything to do with Tan. You think a letter such as this would be signed off without Tan approving???

You maybe right about the Trusts letter, but a professional club or any professional body for that matter should rise above and not stoop to belittling behaviour. It just makes our club look so much more lime the tin pot club Tan has turned it into.

By the way, call ne Roathie if you want to. I find it amusing. Most on here will not even know what or who you are on about.

Mon May 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Make demands on people what was trust expecting Open arms and bow to them? Other fans have tried similar things and failed... why does it have to be one side whos to blame..

Mon May 09, 2022 3:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Make demands on people what was trust expecting Open arms and bow to them? Other fans have tried similar things and failed... why does it have to be one side whos to blame..

The trust asked for more dialogue between them and the fans. I don’t think that’s asking too much.

Mon May 09, 2022 3:53 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Make demands on people what was trust expecting Open arms and bow to them? Other fans have tried similar things and failed... why does it have to be one side whos to blame..

The trust asked for more dialogue between them and the fans. I don’t think that’s asking too much.

Yes they did and not to much to ask but depends on who you ask?...but also indirectly criticised the board members and way tan ran club ... and trust wanted changes by adding other people to board and chief executive or similar.... look what happened at Swansea their trust had shares and was bombed out when came to decisions about club so nothing new in tans response. Like said what did they expect. :old:

Mon May 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Seems not, Wez... :shock:

I agree with Tim (piledriver64) in that it's now just a small group of individuals representing no one but themselves; something I have always maintained

The first paragraph say everything we need to know about the vehemence of the club's blunt response

I quite like some of the Trust members but it will be interesting to see what they have to say on the matter of the letter itself and their (sikent?) disenfrachisement from the club they still claim to be representative of

Seems Vince Alm (rightly) has more pull that them now... :clap: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Basically they have been told to shut up and stop moaning.

If you were attempting to run a business and make money at the same time - and you had 5 customers out of 22,000 other customers - after a while you would be tempted to politely tell them to either offer a solution or maybe just to not bother.

I know it's football and it's fans not customers - but if you had a self appointed non representative small group of people demanding you run your business another way, I would have probably thought the same as the response of the letter.

Would be a lot easier for everyone if Dalman / Choo / Tan had a blog where they could publish news / thoughts / developments.

Personally I couldnt careless - as long as they have the academy taking in and producing players and not missing out on kids that go on to make it at the JB's.

Mon May 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Whether you agree with the trust letter or not its a terrible reply from the club and shows in my view what they think of us the paying supporters very poor reply

Mon May 09, 2022 4:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Yes they did and not to much to ask but depends on who you ask?...but also indirectly criticised the board members and way tan ran club ... and trust wanted changes by adding other people to board and chief executive or similar.... look what happened at Swansea their trust had shares and was bombed out when came to decisions about club so nothing new in tans response. Like said what did they expect. :old:

Don’t get me wrong, the trusts message wasn’t the best. But the thing that’s got to me is the response by a so called professional outfit. To come out and blatantly attack a group of supporters that spend a lot of money following the club up and down the country is wrong. In my opinion it’s very unprofessional, it also highlights their careless attitude when problems between the club and the fan base are brought up.

Mon May 09, 2022 6:05 pm

No lads

The trust is indeed .....a trust

Not for the first time the club don't know their arse from their elbow

It's a fully constituted trust

Now I know a lot of you on here like to give the trust stick ....and that's your right

But the club are talking arse in an attempt to bully the trust

As you were

Mon May 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Sven wrote:

I agree with Tim (piledriver64) in that it's now just a small group of individuals representing no one but themselves; something I have always maintained

The first paragraph say everything we need to know about the vehemence of the club's blunt response

I quite like some of the Trust members but it will be interesting to see what they have to say on the matter of the letter itself and their (sikent?) disenfrachisement from the club they still claim to be representative of

Seems Vince Alm (rightly) has more pull that them now... :clap: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

You are both incorrect

Mon May 09, 2022 6:08 pm

Sludge wrote:
Sven wrote:

You are both incorrect

So the club are wrong in there statement are you registered properly then frankie?

Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

If the club statement is correct it's not a Trust, proper or improper :o :lol: :lol: :roll:

The club statement is incorrect . It's a Trust .

Mon May 09, 2022 6:13 pm

Sludge wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

The club statement is incorrect . It's a Trust .

Why don't the trust publish the paperwork to clear things up?