Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY PLAYER EL KING:

Mon May 09, 2022 10:04 am

Cardiff City player Eli King (20 yrs old this year):

" I can't wait for next season after another impressive showing for the Bluebirds."

King laid off the ball for Hugill's winner in the east Midlands and he says moving into the No.10 role was one he relished against the Rams.

"Every single minute I play is valuable to me," he said. "I’ve learnt so many different things in all the games I’ve played, from the Liverpool game to this one, to last week. In the second half I was put in the 10 position on my own, and given even more licence to make runs forward. It’s definitely something that I need to add to my game. I think I’ve got it in me, I just need to unlock it now and then.

"I’m definitely excited to get a rest, and then looking forward to next season. It’s going to be a newer team, with different players, but I’m pretty sure we can give it a right go."

King has made 4 league appearances & 1 FA Cup appearance Bluebirds

Re: CARDIFF CITY PLAYER EL KING:

Mon May 09, 2022 1:19 pm

Good luck son, enjoy your break then come back train extremely hard and practice, practice, practice. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon May 09, 2022 5:44 pm

He does look a prospect. As do a few others like Sang. Denham, Davies, Colwill, Bagan , McGuinness, Harris.

To name a few .

Mon May 09, 2022 8:01 pm

I'll be honest i thought he was way off on the evidence of what I had seen and couldn't see the fuss.
I know we have a he is "man of the match" as long as he doesn't fcuk up mentality when you are a city kid but he just didn't do anything of note until Saturday.

His composure in the box for the assist must be what the coaches see in training to have the faith to put him in.

Interesting to see what we do next year. A full season in L2 wouldn't do him no harm and probably the best place for him

Tue May 10, 2022 8:26 am

llan bluebird wrote:I'll be honest i thought he was way off on the evidence of what I had seen and couldn't see the fuss.
I know we have a he is "man of the match" as long as he doesn't fcuk up mentality when you are a city kid but he just didn't do anything of note until Saturday.

His composure in the box for the assist must be what the coaches see in training to have the faith to put him in.

Interesting to see what we do next year. A full season in L2 wouldn't do him no harm and probably the best place for him

Got to agree with you a nice season long loan in league one or two will do him great .

Tue May 10, 2022 8:42 am

llan bluebird wrote:I'll be honest i thought he was way off on the evidence of what I had seen and couldn't see the fuss.

I agree. Seemed a bit on the periphery of the earlier games he was involved in but, to be fair, that often happens with youngsters. They play safe and then grow into the team with added confidence.

He's only 19 so he has got time and he certainly not only showed composure for the goal but also made a very intelligent run to get himself into that position. He is one I would probably keep with us for the first half of the season unless the recruitment is such that he's not going to get a sniff of game time, in which case a loan would be the next move.

Tue May 10, 2022 6:30 pm

King needs a 6 month loan in league 1 or 2