Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sean Morrison, did he have any contract negotiations

Tue May 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Or was he out with the rest and only Ralls offered a new contract?

Re: Sean Morrison, did he have any contract negotiations

Tue May 10, 2022 5:39 pm

Bluebina wrote:Or was he out with the rest and only Ralls offered a new contract?

Would you keep him, or time to move on?

I'd keep him at a reasonable rate, and get someone rapid alongside him.

Tue May 10, 2022 6:02 pm

I'm sure I saw someone suggesting he was offered a short term deal?

Tue May 10, 2022 8:04 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I'm sure I saw someone suggesting he was offered a short term deal?

He’s out injured til November mind.

Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:I'm sure I saw someone suggesting he was offered a short term deal?

Yeah. I think it was more for his recovery. Although we didn't do that with Bennett but he stuck around the place and got himself fit without getting paid.

Tue May 10, 2022 9:51 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yeah. I think it was more for his recovery. Although we didn't do that with Bennett but he stuck around the place and got himself fit without getting paid.

Yes, the club are (and feel) a certain 'duty of care' towards Sean Morrison but I believe he has a route back into the manager's plans, if he recovers well...

I'd like that... :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2022 9:56 pm

Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes, the club are (and feel) a certain 'duty of care' towards Sean Morrison but I believe he has a route back into the manager's plans, if he recovers well...

I'd like that... :ayatollah:

That’s really good news. A fully fit Morrison takes some beating as far as championship centre backs go. Leadership qualities and a goal threat too :bluescarf:

Wed May 11, 2022 7:28 am

Agree with the 'duty of care " bit but surely at this stage of his career and the long injury he will have to consider a lower wage and shorter contract, personally I think he should stay if he accepts the a new revised contract and more than likely less playing time on his return.

Wed May 11, 2022 9:04 am

They say that he was offered a Special contract although i dont know what this means. This could mean a deal that will last until the January window in 2023. This would help him (when back from injury) to build his fitness up again ready for a move away.

Wed May 11, 2022 7:16 pm

As I understand it. The club has a contractual obligation to help a player rehabilitate if injured and contract expires. They did the same for Bennett

Wed May 11, 2022 8:28 pm

As I understand it. The club has a contractual obligation to help a player rehabilitate if injured and contract expires. They did the same for Bennett