Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City sign 2 right backs??

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:27 pm

But we need a STRIKER!!!!!! :?

Re: City sign 2 right backs??

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:35 pm

We also needed right backs. Strikers will follow.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:41 pm

We need players all over. You have conversations with loads of players, if some sign before.... Then they sign before. Doesn't mean we've been speaking to these 2 players only.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:46 pm

I've got a feeling that the striker(s) will be loans.

We are going to want good quality strikers but unfortunately the purse isn't big enough so we'll have to go in for the premier quality

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:41 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I've got a feeling that the striker(s) will be loans.

We are going to want good quality strikers but unfortunately the purse isn't big enough so we'll have to go in for the premier quality

As long as they’re quality, I’m not too bothered whether they’re loans, frees or command a fee. :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:41 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I've got a feeling that the striker(s) will be loans.

I agree. Let’s aim high for the strikers and look at some young Prem strikers who are destined for bigger things.

So many examples in recent years that we need to replicate, Gallagher, Abraham, etc. That quality on loan is much better than a full signing of a Div 1 journeyman unless we get really lucky like with Keiffer Moore.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:07 pm

Where does that leave Ng?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Where does that leave Ng?

Possibly being moved in CM longer term? Very good footballer but lacks a little bit of pace to be an attacking wing back and lacks a little bit of physicality to play as part of a back 3 as shown against Huddersfield who clearly targeted long balls onto his side and scored two goals from it.

Was impressed with in CM towards the end of last season and think SM and co were too.

Wouldn’t expect VDC to be a starter but great to have depth in the squad and U23 too.