Bitcoin Investors

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bitcoin Investors

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:34 pm

There have been a few threads about buying and people supposedly making loads of money on crypto currency on this forum through the years

I’ve never even tried to buy any because I just don’t understand it or how it works

But I’ve just read the price is down over 60% this year

Anybody on here who can explain what has happened and anybody honest enough to admit to losing any money??
oohahhPaulMillar

Bitcoin Investors

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bitcoin Investers

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:34 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:There have been a few threads about buying and people supposedly making loads of money on crypto currency on this forum through the years

I’ve never even tried to buy any because I just don’t understand it or how it works

But I’ve just read the price is down over 60% this year

Anybody on here who can explain what has happened and anybody honest enough to admit to losing any money??

Gamblers only sing when they are winning :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:41 pm

My Bitcoin was worth around £500 now it's worth around £200. Not really concerned as it goes up and down over time but ultimately since it was introduced it has climbed continously. Don't invest if you're not prepared to lose it all. It's just a past time for me and don't expect to make much from it.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby caerblue » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Bought some a while back,it can be a bit complicated if not sure on what your doing,it all depends on what price you bought the Bitcoin for in the first place,the price was around £48,000 a year back but has dropped to around £17.500 today so even though the value is down loads,it’s not a case of you ve lost money if you ve got no intention of selling them,your just hoping the price raises again to claw back the investment,for me it’s always been a long term project so I’m hoping over the next few years,the price goes to the levels many people are predicting
caerblue

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:30 pm

There were a couple of posters bragging about how they knew everything about Bitcoin & all the variations and telling people what to do but if they had done as well as they say they would be out enjoying their millions. Personally I have some but not in Bitcoin alone, spread across 4 different cryptocurrencies although all are down at the moment between 40% & 75% but they are very small amounts totaling about $700 when bought, so a loss of 49% in the last 3 months, all to do with the war & economy as the loss over 12 months is only 7% more but losing all $700 is not going to break me or bother me. I'm toying with buying some of the cheaper crypto if they rise a bit just to even out the rollercoaster a little but not decided yet and it would only be another $300 at
most.

It's just for fun in the same way that buying shares was when I was younger and bought 100 pound worth of a company who's products I liked and did ok over a few years. I'm a gambler at heart having played poker for over 30 years so it's always been entertainment, bills/mortgage etc were always paid first and I never borrowed or spent more than I could afford.
Welshman in CA

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:48 pm

I'm buying more now than I was at $60k. The Bitcoin price generally goes through 4 year cycles and depreciates 50-80% every 4 years.

For me, this is a great opportunity to accumulate more before the next halvening, which typically sees the price rally 300%+.

With that said, there is a global financial crisis and people are taking their Bitcoin holdings in order to pay for daily living costs. I think we may see an end to the previous 4 year cycle and will need to wait for regulation before larger sums of money come into the market.

That said, the fundamentals are the same, and countries, businesses and corporations are buying now more than ever before, with some countries even adopting it as a currency.

I would only ever suggest investing what you're willing to lose, as with everything, there is risk associated.

People have mentioned other currencies. Whilst they do offer potentially more rewards, they are also a lot riskier and more speculative. Look at Terra LUNA recently, as well as TRON now. This is still early day technology and there will be many booms and busts.
JasonFowler1991

Re: Bitcoin Investors

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:40 pm

Its just manipulating by the big boys.

Over the last year or 2 all you heard was how BTC was going to hit the £100k. Some even said £1m. So everyone bought and it shot up to £60k. THEN the big boys sell off their big loads and the price drops big time. Talk about being sucked in. Its exactly what the banks do with Forex.

Personally I think it will bottom out to £18k but I have the big boys saying it will go down to £9k. So watch everyone Sell only for BTC to reverse and go up again.
Bakedalasker

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its just manipulating by the big boys.

Over the last year or 2 all you heard was how BTC was going to hit the £100k. Some even said £1m. So everyone bought and it shot up to £60k. THEN the big boys sell off their big loads and the price drops big time. Talk about being sucked in. Its exactly what the banks do with Forex.

Personally I think it will bottom out to £18k but I have the big boys saying it will go down to £9k. So watch everyone Sell only for BTC to reverse and go up again.

Long term holders and biggest bag holders are actually adding, not selling. It is the retail market who has sold. You can check this on chain

https://cointelegraph.com/news/on-chain ... nd-30k/amp

It is also the retail market that drive the price up. Currently retail are selling and can’t afford to buy, that in addition the LUNA issues resulting in large exchanges becoming insolvent is why the price is depreciating
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluecityblue » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:57 pm

I was up about £1200 at it’s highest but now I’m down about a grand since last May. If you’re thinking of getting into it then now is the time. I sold one token for £165 at Christmas (I’d bought at £70 and it peaked at £320), I just bought the same token for £40 yesterday. Most of my tokens are now at between 8- 15% of their all time highest price, and Ethereum is at 22%. I’m holding on for the future
bluecityblue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:23 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I'm buying more now than I was at $60k. The Bitcoin price generally goes through 4 year cycles and depreciates 50-80% every 4 years.

For me, this is a great opportunity to accumulate more before the next halvening, which typically sees the price rally 300%+.

With that said, there is a global financial crisis and people are taking their Bitcoin holdings in order to pay for daily living costs. I think we may see an end to the previous 4 year cycle and will need to wait for regulation before larger sums of money come into the market.

That said, the fundamentals are the same, and countries, businesses and corporations are buying now more than ever before, with some countries even adopting it as a currency.

I would only ever suggest investing what you're willing to lose, as with everything, there is risk associated.

People have mentioned other currencies. Whilst they do offer potentially more rewards, they are also a lot riskier and more speculative. Look at Terra LUNA recently, as well as TRON now. This is still early day technology and there will be many booms and busts.

I'd agree but at large (been in and out of bitcoin from $6K and ridden the waves each time).

I do wonder if the old rules are changing though now the institutions have woken up to the fact that they can manipulate it so easily. General stock market is a lot more manipulated than most of us realise and in the last few years the institutional investors have seen a big opportunity to take advantage of the crypto communities naivete and have been very visible in overt pump and dumps. Almost every week you could guarantee a Friday rise and a Sunday evening dump.

I'd see this low generally as a good buying point like you do. Am currently back out of BTC having sold at 58K a while back and waiting for the inevitable dip to buy back in but am less certain now than I would have been a couple of years ago as to where the low will settle.

Still holding a decent whack of LRC though. Think the NFT stuff will kick in big time once people see it is more than jpegs and Loopring are well positioned.

Always enjoy your posts on this subject mate. :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:25 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Long term holders and biggest bag holders are actually adding, not selling. It is the retail market who has sold. You can check this on chain

It is also the retail market that drive the price up. Currently retail are selling and can’t afford to buy, that in addition the LUNA issues resulting in large exchanges becoming insolvent is why the price is depreciating

One other thing - have you come across Elliot Waves financial theory. Fits beautifully with the entire life-cycle of BTC and suggests we are a week or two from bottom.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Sat-Nav-Gav-Bionic » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:24 pm

We've still got a bit of a drop by the look of it.....The next big run will be when the halving is in 2024. Every 4 years the amount that is mined is reduced by 50% until we reach the 21millin BTC cap. Some mentioned LRC and I've got into that as well as XRP, ADA, SOL, DOT and some others. But LRC / Loopring looks especially good with its link up with GME / GAMESTOP (thats another buy imo)
1981 born
1987 first game
1998+ season ticket holder
Sat-Nav-Gav-Bionic

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

One other thing - have you come across Elliot Waves financial theory. Fits beautifully with the entire life-cycle of BTC and suggests we are a week or two from bottom.

I haven't although I'll take a look at it for sure. Thanks mate!

I work in the space and am seeing a lot of issues currently with many exchanges. A lot of them were betting on LUNA and may get liquidated, 3AC and Celsius are the main ones rights now, but in addition to that, all some of these exchanges have been lending each other money. So if Celsius and 3ac get liquidated, expect many to follow and I think that will dump the market further. So I'd also suggest taking your holdings out of exchanges just in case there is an exchange run, and holding in a self-custodial wallet.

I think we may go as low as 12k. That said, you can never time the bottom, just like you can't time the top, so I'm just dollar-cost averaging, although I do expect higher lows.

I'm treading very carefully on altcoins at the moment, just because of what happened to LUNA. Tron also looking in trouble. But I'll be keeping eyes on Matic, Algorand, and another token called Lukso, which is designed by the author of the ERC20 token. Although I will probably stay away from Alts now until Bitcoin starts to rise again unless I see a big buying opportunity.

We will see a short-term downward trend, but long term I have no doubts we will see higher highs.
JasonFowler1991

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:24 pm

Bitcoin now down 71% from its high…bloody hell 71% some people must be sitting on huge losses with more to come by the look of it

I suppose it was always going to happen for something that as far as I can make out has no intrinsic value and is basically a gamble to find a buyer willing to buy something you want to sell which has no actual value. Problem is you will eventually run out of buyers and loads of people make huge losses

Sounds like a posh pyramid scheme to me
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:48 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Bitcoin now down 71% from its high…bloody hell 71% some people must be sitting on huge losses with more to come by the look of it

I suppose it was always going to happen for something that as far as I can make out has no intrinsic value and is basically a gamble to find a buyer willing to buy something you want to sell which has no actual value. Problem is you will eventually run out of buyers and loads of people make huge losses

83% declines following halvenings are normal. It’s happened 4 times already, gone on to recover and surpass previous all time highs by 300%+ each time. It’s cyclical.

There’s a lot of value in it. When you understand money, why the economy is in such a state right now, how endless wars are funded, you will understand why it is fundamentally the greatest monetary invention of all time.

As I said above, long term holders aren’t selling. They continue to buy more. When you get it, you get it.

I recommended this to anybody interested in learning more:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPR0O7issU

Additionally, a book called “ the bitcoin standard “
JasonFowler1991

Postby Mike Strinati » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:16 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Bitcoin now down 71% from its high…bloody hell 71% some people must be sitting on huge losses with more to come by the look of it

83% declines following halvenings are normal. It’s happened 4 times already, gone on to recover and surpass previous all time highs by 300%+ each time. It’s cyclical.

There’s a lot of value in it. When you understand money, why the economy is in such a state right now, how endless wars are funded, you will understand why it is fundamentally the greatest monetary invention of all time.

As I said above, long term holders aren’t selling. They continue to buy more. When you get it, you get it.

I’m about 24minutes into the video and got to be honest it’s very interesting, the guy seems quite knowledgable.
Mike Strinati

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:23 am

Mike Strinati wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

I’m about 24minutes into the video and got to be honest it’s very interesting, the guy seems quite knowledgable.

Yeah man. I'm glad you found it interesting! He is the CEO of Microstrategy, who I believe owns more Bitcoin than anybody else. Other good knowledgeable voices in the space I can recommend are Robert Breedlove, Raoul Pal, and Saifedean Ammous.
JasonFowler1991

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Yeah man. I'm glad you found it interesting! He is the CEO of Microstrategy, who I believe owns more Bitcoin than anybody else. Other good knowledgeable voices in the space I can recommend are Robert Breedlove, Raoul Pal, and Saifedean Ammous.

I listened for about 15 minutes and lost the will to live. Still have no idea what he’s on about

Good luck to you Mr Fowler your a braver man than me to dabble in Cryptocurrency hope it works out for you :thumbup: :thumbup:

Me personally I’m old school I will stick to losing my money on the stock market
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:35 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

"As I said above, long term holders aren’t selling. They continue to buy more. When you get it, you get it."

Why aren't they selling?

If they know the price is going to fly down and then go up why would anyone stay invested.

I've had a dable lost a bit, but can see it's just a very minipulated market, so much so that even Elon Musk can buy, tell the public to buy to drive his stake right up, then he sells leaving them especially the last ones to lose?

I'll follow it and may invest at the bottom then sell in stages on the way up but to leave money in there now is pointless?

This looks the opposite where timming the markets is far more important than time in the markets!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

"As I said above, long term holders aren’t selling. They continue to buy more. When you get it, you get it."

Why aren't they selling?

If they know the price is going to fly down and then go up why would anyone stay invested.

I've had a dable lost a bit, but can see it's just a very minipulated market, so much so that even Elon Musk can buy, tell the public to buy to drive his stake right up, then he sells leaving them especially the last ones to lose?

I'll follow it and may invest at the bottom then sell in stages on the way up but to leave money in there now is pointless?

This looks the opposite where timming the markets is far more important than time in the markets!

Just saw this after posting

https://decrypt.co/103089/elon-musk-tes ... in-lawsuit
Bluebina

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Why aren't they selling?

Just saw this after posting

https://decrypt.co/103089/elon-musk-tes ... in-lawsuit

Long term holders aren't selling because we want more sats (Bitcoin), we see fiat as worthless, we believe in the technology, and that the price will surpass its previous all-time high again after the next halving. Bitcoin is more than a quick trade to many people.

Long-term holders are buying more, to accumulate more sats and in the Bitcoin Community there is a saying "1 BTC = 1 BTC" - we don't care too much about the day-to-day fiat price. What is important is having more sats (Bitcoin). So we use these downward trends as an opportunity to accumulate more. These are the times to buy, not when it reaches record all-time highs - this is how I approach it.

The link you have provided is related to Dogecoin though, not Bitcoin, which is totally different and I'd consider it a shit coin. Although, I do think it the next bull market it will rally again and potentially reach $1. That's not financial advice, just my thoughts based on their community and previous cycles.
JasonFowler1991

Return to General Chat