‘ £1.5mill bid made ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ £1.5mill bid made ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:35 pm

I thought Championship clubs supposedly had no money?

I’ve seen a few others now putting in money bids.

Millwall have made a £1.5m bid for highly-rated #AberdeenFC midfielder Lewis Ferguson, 22. Millwall also hopeful of re-signing Benik Afobe on loan from Stoke and have offered Jed Wallace a new contract
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ £1.5mill bid made ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ £1.5mill bid made ‘

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:39 pm

It's hard to explain without understanding the bigger picture I guess. The money could come from player sales, owners putting in more money, savings made from letting players go on higher wages, and lower costs. They could also be taking higher risks in order to gain promotion.

That said, we've been overpaying players and had a large budget for the past few years, so it makes sense why we may have less money to spend.

We know the media often states more is being spent than the reality, and the purchase could be spent over years with certain clauses.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:43 pm

Annis I've said this time and time again, and been ridiculed.

THERE IS MONEY AVAILABLE IN FOOTBALL.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:00 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Annis I've said this time and time again, and been ridiculed.

Tell that to the clubs fans that will be sanctioned for going over ffp this season..... yes there is money at some clubs but we dont have any at ours... big deal lots other clubs dont have money either its called spending what you can afford ..... get sick and tired of reading same crap about city and money ..... blame the managers who couldn't pick a winner in a one horse race when it comes to signing players for tans refusal to spend over £1 for a player ... we are having a reset of players and finances and not before time.... just remember teams do well without spending money on transfers just same as teams who spend money do fck all aswell .... it's not about how much you spend its about manager and how he gets team to perform it's that simple. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Large Arge » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:35 pm

We’ve signed 8 players. They’re not playing for free. If their wages average out to £7k a week each thats £3m over the course of the year.
Large Arge

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:32 am

Large Arge wrote:

We’ve signed 8 players. They’re not playing for free. If their wages average out to £7k a week each thats £3m over the course of the year.

It would also be interesting to see a list of our previous 30 signings we've paid over 1 million for, to see how they turned out vs our previous 30 signed for under 1 million.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Tell that to the clubs fans that will be sanctioned for going over ffp this season..... yes there is money at some clubs but we dont have any at ours... big deal lots other clubs dont have money either its called spending what you can afford ..... get sick and tired of reading same crap about city and money ..... blame the managers who couldn't pick a winner in a one horse race when it comes to signing players for tans refusal to spend over £1 for a player ... we are having a reset of players and finances and not before time.... just remember teams do well without spending money on transfers just same as teams who spend money do fck all aswell .... it's not about how much you spend its about manager and how he gets team to perform it's that simple. :thumbup:

And pray, why do we not have any money at ours? After two premierhip years?

There is Money at ours or at least should be. One cannot deny we have wasted money on certain players, but then thats life at all clubs.

Millwall and Hull making six figure bids?? We should be in a far healthier position than these two what with our Premier money and attendances?.

But of course anyone spending money are going to 'Do a Derby' arent they?

Some will always back Tan no matter what.
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:55 am

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There is Money at ours or at least should be. One cannot deny we have wasted money on certain players, but then thats life at all clubs.

Millwall and Hull making six figure bids?? We should be in a far healthier position than these two what with our Premier money and attendances?.

…and some will always go against him no matter what.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:01 am

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I know it’s frustrating mate but ££ don’t always mean a top player in football terms. God knows we’ve been stung enough over the years. Gary marine being a perfect example.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:38 am

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Millwall have signed zero players. We’ve signed 8. Unless they pay Ferguson £25k a week we will have so far committed more money to players than they have.

We still have ~2 months to make signings why are you acting as if we’ve finished our business?
Large Arge

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:57 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I know it’s frustrating mate but ££ don’t always mean a top player in football terms. God knows we’ve been stung enough over the years. Gary marine being a perfect example.

I cannot argue against that statement.

However I do not think we are poor as church mice and there will be a need at some point, to supplement the free signings, to spend on quality, because it is that quality that does not always come as a freebie.
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:31 am

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I cannot argue against that statement.

However I do not think we are poor as church mice and there will be a need at some point, to supplement the free signings, to spend on quality, because it is that quality that does not always come as a freebie.

That too, is a fair point.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 am

1.5m is far below what they want.... but have we spent more than 1.5m in signing on fees for the free agents? After all that's is standard practice to pay the player something for coming to club or do people think we paid sfa to them? Easy to claim we have no money but in reality we've paid someone to get theses players in despite the word "FREE:.... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Don Keydick » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:59 pm

I think that SM was given his instructions on recruiting and was busy searching out the players he wanted long before last season finished. That's why he's moved so quick to get them in before pre season starts. Yes, we hadn't heard of most of them, but I think we should trust SM to bring in the sort of players he wanted, after all, he didn't do too badly with his January loans. He will prove his worth now by moulding them into a team that can compete in the Championship, we are not expected to get anywhere near the promotion places, but having lowered the average age of the squad maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. Personally, a mid table finish next season would be great, and with a lot of young players maturing, maybe a promotion push the year after. It doesn't matter what other clubs are doing, I'd like to see us on a firm financial footing and staying within our budget. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Don Keydick

Return to General Chat