Cardiff season tickets sales so far

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby barnet blue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:49 pm

Season ticket sales have hit 6,000, with all these signings I was expecting 10,000 by now?
barnet blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff season tickets sales so far

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:57 pm

barnet blue wrote:Season ticket sales have hit 6,000, with all these signings I was expecting 10,000 by now?

I was looking at getting one as I return to the UK in July. Considering the current financial economy, and many of our fans coming from poorer regions of S. Wales, its certainly not cheap.
JasonFowler1991

Postby barnet blue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:06 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
barnet blue wrote:Season ticket sales have hit 6,000, with all these signings I was expecting 10,000 by now?

I was looking at getting one as I return to the UK in July. Considering the current financial economy, and many of our fans coming from poorer regions of S. Wales, its certainly not cheap.

Wrexham more expensive than City and sold more than us, also sold two thousand memberships at £20 each. We are Championship and they non league. Fans are supposedly ecstatic about all the signings
barnet blue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Be interesting to know figures for this time last year
bluebirdoct1962

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:19 pm

That’s really poor if that’s true
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:29 pm

With all these signings? No disrespect but what player have we brought in to boost sales? There’s been absolutely nobody of note so far. Wait until Bale and Ramsey signs then things will kick off :ayatollah:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Be interesting to know figures for this time last year

Should imagine less! There is a ressession going on so bit early lets see what it is at start season.. as for Wrexham always been well supported maybe in non league but still a efl size club same as several others in national league... plus they've got Hollywood factor place is bouncing.. if bale signs see the same reaction undoubtedly
pembroke allan

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:39 pm

barnet blue wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Wrexham more expensive than City and sold more than us, also sold two thousand memberships at £20 each. We are Championship and they non league. Fans are supposedly ecstatic about all the signings

Our most expensive adult season ticket is priced at 529
Wrexhams most expensive adult season ticket is priced at 340
Our cheapest adult ticket is priced at 299
Wrexhams cheapest adult ticket is priced at 340

So the criteria do vary. I think other factors come into play too. Lower league clubs tend to have a closer affinity to their fans and aren't treated like a commodity. Whilst the higher up the table you go football becomes more corporate and politicized.

I can't speak for everybody but I find the rainbows and kneeling excruciating and the politicization of everything in football has made me lose a lot of love for the game. I was actually considering going to watch Merthyr when I return but I've been going down Cardiff since I was 4 with my dad, so I can't do that. I have a lot of love and many memories. Although times have changed for the worse.

Additionally, on a level personal to Cardiff, we have a divided fan base and have recently had turmoil which has made a lot of loyal fans lose love for the club. Wrexham, on the other hand, has a lot to be excited about and is a united club.

With all of that said though, we should be selling more season tickets than a non-league club and the marketing and sales team should probably be fired for doing so poorly. Does anybody know how many tickets Swansea have sold, or any other clubs in the Championship, for comparison?
Last edited by JasonFowler1991 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JasonFowler1991

Postby sir ninian » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:39 pm

The jacks are claiming they have sold over 13,500 season tickets according to their forum!!
sir ninian

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:42 pm

sir ninian wrote:The jacks are claiming they have sold over 13,500 season tickets according to their forum!!

That is very alarming and shows how disconnected fans feel from the club right now.
JasonFowler1991

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:59 pm

sir ninian wrote:The jacks are claiming they have sold over 13,500 season tickets according to their forum!!

If that's the case they have basically sold all st allocation... as need x amount for away fans plus x amount for day sales ....as ground not that big.... will now get one of them on here with a link to the facts.. :lol:
pembroke allan

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:25 pm

I've been trying to get login and purchase a season ticket this morning and it appears the website is broken. Is anybody else encountering the same issue?
JasonFowler1991

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:50 pm

If I'd have replied like some have on here, I'd be torn a new one.

Not saying anyone is wrong, but saying 'we have signed nobody of note, or saying how 'disconnected we are as a club from our supporters' is usually more than enough to get a stern rebuke from the usual pro Tan brigade.

Clearly a more widely held view than some will like to admit or will ever open their eyes to.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby goats » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:50 pm

It starts at the top….Tan doesn’t care about the club, looks like many fair weathers don’t either. Aside from Bale and Rambo I really hope we can find new owners who can galvanise the club again…. :occasion5:
goats

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:08 pm

Barclay1 wrote:If I'd have replied like some have on here, I'd be torn a new one.

Not saying anyone is wrong, but saying 'we have signed nobody of note, or saying how 'disconnected we are as a club from our supporters' is usually more than enough to get a stern rebuke from the usual pro Tan brigade.

Clearly a more widely held view than some will like to admit or will ever open their eyes to.

I, personally, was happy to move on from the rebrand and focus on uniting as a club again. But the owner, board, and directors are completely silent. Nobody has a clue what is going and there just appear to be a huge disconnect. This then filters down to the fans who were already somewhat divided as a result of the changes that were made.

Essentially, our owner needs to come out and say "I'm here to stay, I'm committed, and here is my plan" or sell. It would be great to have some sort of representation within the board, so they can be a filter between board and supporters. Like I said, we're treated as a commodity and I think people feel this, and this is why there is no desire to attend matches at a once passionate club.
JasonFowler1991

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:36 pm

Got mine :thumbright: :bluebird:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Got mine :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yup me too. Can’t wait for season to start. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:49 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Got mine in before the rush! :D
On subject of sold if memory serves me right it was said 6k was sold over a month ago? Are people waiting for u know who before buying? :D :laughing6:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Per game season tickets are really cheap, even with the economy in dire straits.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:37 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:If I'd have replied like some have on here, I'd be torn a new one.

I, personally, was happy to move on from the rebrand and focus on uniting as a club again. But the owner, board, and directors are completely silent. Nobody has a clue what is going and there just appear to be a huge disconnect. This then filters down to the fans who were already somewhat divided as a result of the changes that were made.

Essentially, our owner needs to come out and say "I'm here to stay, I'm committed, and here is my plan" or sell. It would be great to have some sort of representation within the board, so they can be a filter between board and supporters. Like I said, we're treated as a commodity and I think people feel this, and this is why there is no desire to attend matches at a once passionate club.

Agreed.
Barclay1

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:58 pm

Do we know rhis figure is accurate?

We sold 1000 in ONE day when they went on general sale. That would suggest only 5000 renewed from last season. Seems a bit low to me.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:59 pm

Why is it that people who dont hold yours of others hatred of tan are pro tan? Why cant people object to agendas on here be pro club rather than your assertion of pro tan? Agree about no one of note being signed but do you honestly expect any team in championship to make such a signing outside relegated teams who can afford their wages....and I hope tan goes in near future but judging by the dodgy ownership test of efl wouldn't be confident of new owners having club at heart but ££££££s in their eyes instead... fans disconnected from club is subjective I have great relationship with the people at club from catering to ex players and players I meet.... the 15k fans that attend games i presume just go down to watch a football game with no connection to club? But hey ho all matter of opinions.
pembroke allan

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Why is it that people who dont hold yours of others hatred of tan are pro tan? Why cant people object to agendas on here be pro club rather than your assertion of pro tan? Agree about no one of note being signed but do you honestly expect any team in championship to make such a signing outside relegated teams who can afford their wages....and I hope tan goes in near future but judging by the dodgy ownership test of efl wouldn't be confident of new owners having club at heart but ££££££s in their eyes instead... fans disconnected from club is subjective I have great relationship with the people at club from catering to ex players and players I meet.... the 15k fans that attend games i presume just go down to watch a football game with no connection to club? But hey ho all matter of opinions.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said
Large Arge

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:28 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Do we know rhis figure is accurate?

We sold 1000 in ONE day when they went on general sale. That would suggest only 5000 renewed from last season. Seems a bit low to me.

Looks more on the seating map although I don’t know if that shows every available ticket. The middle 3 blocks of the Canton are all but sold out which is at least 3k (1k per block). I find it hard to believe we’ve only sold 3k ST in the rest of the stadium.

Any source for your numbers OP?
Large Arge

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Im not sure the fan connection is subjective. Maybe to a degree.

Listen, I accept the Sam/Tan debate is a thing of the past. But using it simply to put a point over. Sam had an amazing rapport with fans. Crowds went up considerably.

Tan has zero involvement with fans, shares nothing and shows no interest. Crowds falling rapidly.

Im very much connected to the team, home and away. Im totally disconnected with the club, who expect without giving any hope that things will get better.
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:01 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Listen, I accept the Sam/Tan debate is a thing of the past. But using it simply to put a point over. Sam had an amazing rapport with fans. Crowds went up considerably.

Tan has zero involvement with fans, shares nothing and shows no interest. Crowds falling rapidly.

Im very much connected to the team, home and away. Im totally disconnected with the club, who expect without giving any hope that things will get better.

Fair comments but I'm lucky I dont care about tan that's on record...as for sam he may well have connected to fans but made club into a circus just like he did at Wimbledon.... I lived near their ground at the time and lots fans hated the circus he brought to club the rest is history...
not sure can be connected to team and not to club but guess it's a personal thing to me they are entwined owners are just that owners of a buisness the fans own the club and will be here after tan or whoever when sell up... anyway looking forward to watching better football makes a change from 11 man defending past 4 or 5 yrs. .:thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There is no denying there is a disconnect between the board and fans. Nobody has an idea of the direction the club. Crowds are falling quickly. I also know many fans who have stopped going, who have lost passion.

I get some individuals still have that fire, but the fact that so many don't shows something has gone terribly wrong and CCFC should take a leaf out of the FAWs book.

I remember watching Wales at the Millenium and how depressing it used to be, going to matches now, it's like a carnival. Everybody is so proud and happy to be there, the atmosphere is electric. Cardiff matches couldn't be any further from that.
JasonFowler1991

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:44 pm

Although i doubt the validity of 6K, it kinda proves i'd rather be Blue in League 2 was a load of bollox !!!!

A shedload found a mountain to die on rather than say i only go when we are winning

I do wish Vinny would move on as this closed season would have been one for the purists if it wasn't for the Bales and now Rambo stories.
llan bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Fair comments but I'm lucky I dont care about tan that's on record...as for sam he may well have connected to fans but made club into a circus just like he did at Wimbledon.... I lived near their ground at the time and lots fans hated the circus he brought to club the rest is history...
not sure can be connected to team and not to club but guess it's a personal thing to me they are entwined owners are just that owners of a buisness the fans own the club and will be here after tan or whoever when sell up... anyway looking forward to watching better football makes a change from 11 man defending past 4 or 5 yrs. .:thumbup:

I too look forward to a different footballing style on a more regular basis.

Whether this will be better football remains to be seen, but its certainly going to be an eye opener one way or another.
Barclay1

Next

Return to General Chat