Sunderland. 20,000
Coventry. 12,500
PNE 10,000
Sheff Utd 20,400
Norwich 20,100
Swansea 13,000
Cardiff 6,500

Ours has gone up 500 overnight so that’s a good rate of sales. :bluescarf:
Where did you get our figures from mate? Just asking cos when I bought mine the lady said they were selling well - on par with Last year, which I’m guessing is over 6.5K.

Re: Different clubs season ticket sales for next season

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:17 am

Not just that, a lot of them clubs, except Swansea and Bristol, have a bigger population.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:04 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:Not just that, a lot of them clubs, except Swansea and Bristol, have a bigger population.

Only Bristol as a City has a bigger population than us Watford being a suburb of London you may be able to argue

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:13 am

Going off the thread on the other forum this is copied from, a lot of these numbers are incorrect.

Glad to hear the 6k figure that was being talked about yesterday was wrong. 8-9k sold with 6 weeks to go isn’t bad. Hopefully a super signing (or 2 ;) ) will boost attendances this season.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:31 am

Large Arge wrote:Going off the thread on the other forum this is copied from, a lot of these numbers are incorrect.

Glad to hear the 6k figure that was being talked about yesterday was wrong. 8-9k sold with 6 weeks to go isn’t bad. Hopefully a super signing (or 2 ;) ) will boost attendances this season.

Just has a look and this has indeed just been copied from the other board. The figures do appear correct though, as the guy has now posted links to to the clubs official websites where they have announced ST sales figures.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Large Arge wrote:Going off the thread on the other forum this is copied from, a lot of these numbers are incorrect.

Just has a look and this has indeed just been copied from the other board. The figures do appear correct though, as the guy has now posted links to to the clubs official websites where they have announced ST sales figures.

Correct mate , my figures are correct and there’s are wrong, so it’s not just been copied

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 am

How can it be just copied if my figures are correct? your a bit of a clown

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:11 am

barnet blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Correct mate , my figures are correct and there’s are wrong, so it’s not just been copied

As I asked earlier, where did you get your figures from?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:18 am

barnet blue wrote:

How can it be just copied if my figures are correct? your a bit of a clown

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?4 ... cket-Sales

Apologies. At a glance it just looked copy and pasted from this post on CCMB which was wrong.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:30 am

Doesn't really matter how many we've sold now, it matters how many we've sold the day the season starts.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:48 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:Not just that, a lot of them clubs, except Swansea and Bristol, have a bigger population.

Preston, Norwich, Swansea , Coventry etc don’t have anywhere near our population and we have one of the biggest populations without other main football clubs for miles.

It’s not to long ago we had 23,500 season tickets.

We should get at least 15,000 season tickets sold this coming season and with all the big hype on the many new signings, I honestly expect that if as everyone on here is saying they are so excited and love all the new signings and really believe in Morison etc

No way should we get less than last seasons 14,500 season ticket sales.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Doesn't really matter how many we've sold now, it matters how many we've sold the day the season starts.

Ned we have same conversation every season and tbh it is what it is and always varies for many reasons... come start season when fans know what the actual squad looks like and chances of doing well will determine final count.. not sure how much influence GB if he comes will effect overall numbers a surge yes but will we get anymore than last season not so sure unless Rambo comes then different ball game. :old:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Doesn't really matter how many we've sold now, it matters how many we've sold the day the season starts.

Ned we have same conversation every season and tbh it is what it is and always varies for many reasons... come start season when fans know what the actual squad looks like and chances of doing well will determine final count.. not sure how much influence GB if he comes will effect overall numbers a surge yes but will we get anymore than last season not so sure unless Rambo comes then different ball game. :old:

I actually agree with you on this Allan, come August, the amount sold then is what matters.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I actually agree with you on this Allan, come August, the amount sold then is what matters.

Becoming a habit annis! :laughing6:
Think especially this season with so many new players needed it really does depend on who we eventually bring in which will determine how many fans decide on getting st or not? but will be there as much as can :thumbup: .

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:13 pm

I genuinely believe our club is facing an identity crisis.

It wasn't too long ago that we were playing great attacking football, in a hostile stadium, with a variety of chants that were unique to Cardiff. They were times you could truly be proud of supporting the club, we had our own identity.

Now we play in a soulless bowl that appears to be too big for us, we've been playing dire football off the pitch, and many fans just feel disconnected, I believe.

I think the club would benefit from investing in a new marketing team and taking a new strategy. Something similar to what the FAW has managed with Wales.

Obviously, I'm speaking for myself, but I started going in 1997 with my dad when I was 5. Cardiff was my life and I would go to all home matches and most away. I've been living in and out of the country for the last 7 years, but it doesn't feel like the same club anymore.

There is a lack of unity amongst the fans, our chants are all sterile and regurgitated from other clubs, and we've had manager after manager that insists on playing stone age football. Amongst that, we've also had the rebrand and have a board that doesn't interact with the fans.

All that said and done, we should still be selling more tickets than PNE and Swansea, the fact we're not shows there are deeper problems than I have suggested.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:30 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I genuinely believe our club is facing an identity crisis.

It wasn't too long ago that we were playing great attacking football, in a hostile stadium, with a variety of chants that were unique to Cardiff. They were times you could truly be proud of supporting the club, we had our own identity.

Now we play in a soulless bowl that appears to be too big for us, we've been playing dire football off the pitch, and many fans just feel disconnected, I believe.

I think the club would benefit from investing in a new marketing team and taking a new strategy. Something similar to what the FAW has managed with Wales.

Obviously, I'm speaking for myself, but I started going in 1997 with my dad when I was 5. Cardiff was my life and I would go to all home matches and most away. I've been living in and out of the country for the last 7 years, but it doesn't feel like the same club anymore.

There is a lack of unity amongst the fans, our chants are all sterile and regurgitated from other clubs, and we've had manager after manager that insists on playing stone age football. Amongst that, we've also had the rebrand and have a board that doesn't interact with the fans.

All that said and done, we should still be selling more tickets than PNE and Swansea, the fact we're not shows there are deeper problems than I have suggested.

We haven't played attractive, attacking football since Dave Jones was manager.

Steve Morison is trying to bring that back and I'm cautiously optimistic for the season ahead.

Agree about the poor atmosphere in the stadium. But it's no fault of the stadium, because Wales matches there have a brilliant atmosphere.

I'm in Canton and sometimes I'll think it's a good atmosphere but someone in Ninian will tell me otherwise.

The issue is that outside of Canton, fans aren't allowed to stand up.

There's a certain individual at our club who's very much anti-atmosphere. So those outside Canton won't be able to take a serious part in the crowd noise while he's at the club.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm

caerdydd 12

Bristol do have 2 teams city rovers.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:42 pm

montyblue wrote:caerdydd 12

Bristol do have 2 teams city rovers.

They certainly do and a big rugby club.

I think you will find he had most of that list wrong as they are all nearly smaller than us.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 pm

Bradford City League 2 ( Div 4 ) have already sold 14,500
Season tickets for next season, despite a recession.