Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Favourite away games? "

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:45 pm

Was just having a look at what away games I plan to go to this season ahead of the fixtures release on Thursday.

Got me thinking, what's your favourite away stadiums?

Personally like going to the lower league ones in the cup. More feeling in those stadiums than the big ones.

Probably go to Cheltenham and Shrewsbury games in pre-season for that reason, although I think Shrewsbury have a relatively new stadium.

Re: " Favourite away games? "

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 pm

Always enjoyed Reading, as we generally take a good following and it's near. It's a nice stadium too.

My grandfather also lived in Shephards Bush, so I have always loved the QPR away games. I remember being in the home end when we beat them 4-0.

The favorite away ground for me was probably Highbury though.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:40 pm

One of my favourite stadiums I've been to is actually Bristol Manor Farm.

Only because it was an absolute dump!

Sloping pitch, falling down advertising boards and terraces, a massive drop to the pitch one side of the ground, fences falling down around the ground, barbed wire around the first aid cabin and a train line a few steps from the dug out. The worst kept ground I have ever visited which included a septic tank next to the food kiosk, but looking around at the fans and their passion etc I actually enjoyed the visit overall :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:46 pm

Always enjoy going to millwall been to the old and new loads of times ,like going on a roller coaster can't wait to go when your there not sure you done the right thing and when it's all over can't wait to go again .also enjoy Pompey, and Peterborough.