‘ New Striker And ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ New Striker And ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:15 pm

IGovernor ( Roger ) on here m, said last week we were in for a striker and he was right, Steve Morison has offered a contract to a striker and negotiates have been going in the last 5 days, it is now down to the striker to say yes.

Morison also spoke to a midfielder who is a free agent and he is thinking over the offer.

Morison is trying to get them both in before training starts next week.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Steve Morison is desperate for a Striker as otherwise Cardiff will start with Mark Harris, James Collins, Max Watters and Isaak Davies and between the 4 of them they could not score more than 8 goals last season, shocking really.
Two of them above expect to see them loaned out, Collins has already been offered out, but no takers so far.

Morison is after a permanent deal for a striker and a striker on loan.

Attachments
62361AF9-57C7-40AE-A578-8511CA9B8767.jpeg
62361AF9-57C7-40AE-A578-8511CA9B8767.jpeg (89.98 KiB) Viewed 10581 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ New Striker And ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ New Striker And ‘

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:23 pm

We'll definately get one Striker ptobably two in, I don't think Morrison really rates any of them. I would imagine that we will be trying for a Premiership loan in addition to this one! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Bluebina

Postby ScottCcfc27 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:28 pm

I’ve heard that one of the players is from Oxford United not sure how true this is.

Believe it was mcguane or something along them lines
Plastic since 11/05/1999
ScottCcfc27

Postby ScottCcfc27 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:20 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:I’ve heard that one of the players is from Oxford United not sure how true this is.

Just read up and he only signed with them last season so unless a fee is involved I don’t think it’s him.

But I was told an out of contract player from Oxford has agreed to join us, plays as a winger/striker. Was being chased by 6 clubs but has decided to join us.
Plastic since 11/05/1999
ScottCcfc27

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:We'll definately get one Striker ptobably two in, I don't think Morrison really rates any of them. I would imagine that we will be trying for a Premiership loan in addition to this one! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Not doubting in any way mate but why would SM get two players in that he doesn’t really rate?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:49 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:We'll definately get one Striker ptobably two in, I don't think Morrison really rates any of them. I would imagine that we will be trying for a Premiership loan in addition to this one! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Not doubting in any way mate but why would SM get two players in that he doesn’t really rate?

If Andrew if Morison does not rate them then they will not be coming in!
Igovernor

Postby ScottCcfc27 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Think he means he doesn’t rate the strikers we currently have
Plastic since 11/05/1999
ScottCcfc27

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:52 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Think he means he doesn’t rate the strikers we currently have

Ah I see. In that case, I wholeheartedly agree with him.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:28 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:I’ve heard that one of the players is from Oxford United not sure how true this is.

Just read up and he only signed with them last season so unless a fee is involved I don’t think it’s him.

But I was told an out of contract player from Oxford has agreed to join us, plays as a winger/striker. Was being chased by 6 clubs but has decided to join us.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the only remaining player out of contract with Oxford this summer was Billy Bodin but he's just recently signed a new deal
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby ScottCcfc27 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the only remaining player out of contract with Oxford this summer was Billy Bodin but he's just recently signed a new deal

Yeah I had a look at their retained list and the only other player was a 19 year old Dylan asonganyi, never heard of him but fits the description from what I was told.
Plastic since 11/05/1999
ScottCcfc27

Postby Igovernor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:IGovernor ( Roger ) on here m, said last week we were in for a striker and he was right, Steve Morison has offered a contract to a striker and negotiates have been going in the last 5 days, it is now down to the striker to say yes.

Morison also spoke to a midfielder who is a free agent and he is thinking over the offer.

Steve Morison is desperate for a Striker as otherwise Cardiff will start with Mark Harris, James Collins, Max Watters and Isaak Davies and between the 4 of them they could not score more than 8 goals last season, shocking really.
Two of them above expect to see them loaned out, Collins has already been offered out, but no takers so far.

Annis, I believe the striker has signed or agreed to sign, if he has not already done so. Also I believe that we have made an offer to a centre half, who is thinking it over. As for the midfielder not heard anything about him but offers have also been made to a number of players. Whether they all or any accept the offers, we will have to wait and see :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:22 am

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:IGovernor ( Roger ) on here m, said last week we were in for a striker and he was right, Steve Morison has offered a contract to a striker and negotiates have been going in the last 5 days, it is now down to the striker to say yes.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783[/quote

Annis, I believe the striker has signed or agreed to sign, if he has not already done so. Also I believe that we have made an offer to a centre half, who is thinking it over. As for the midfielder not heard anything about him but offers have also been made to a number of players. Whether they all or any accept the offers, we will have to wait and see :ayatollah:

Whoever the striker is he's going to be a lucky boy and fed by Bale and Ramsey :occasion5: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Bluebina

Return to General Chat