House of sport started

A forum for all things Cardiff City

House of sport started

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:40 pm

Building of Citys house of sport as been started in llanrumney....

Work has started on the huge new site set to house Cardiff City's academy as well as local and Cardiff University's sports teams in Llanrumney.

The collaboration between the Bluebirds, Cardiff Council and Cardiff University will see a state-of-the-art sports complex built to serve Cardiff University and the Llanrumney community sports Trust.

The complex will also be for the use of all the local residents and will be shared between Cardiff University, Cardiff Council, rugby clubs and Cardiff City FC.

Cardiff Council will remain the owners and will allow all the different sports in the Cardiff area to use the facilities.

The project will include a tier-two 3G football facility, a floodlit, 3G, World Rugby-standard rugby pitch and another dual floodlit football and rugby pitch which will have pitch markings for both sports.

The site will have a two storey building with learning facilities, included in the construction, with the plan to take over the old Doctor Who building and create a learning environment with classrooms for the youngsters who attend college.
Attachments
3E0DB862-E27F-465D-920A-B2638AD70F3B.jpeg
3E0DB862-E27F-465D-920A-B2638AD70F3B.jpeg (92.82 KiB) Viewed 5307 times
pembroke allan

House of sport started

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: House of sport started

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Brilliant news :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Brilliant news :thumbright:

Thanks ned did try t post sam link b failed miserably.. :D
We must be high up in football for facilities one day people will stop objecting to our training facilities down vale and that can go ahead... unfortunately all the facilities club as done dont get acknowledge by many fans..
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

We must be high up in football for facilities one day people will stop objecting to our training facilities down vale and that can go ahead... unfortunately all the facilities club as done dont get acknowledge by many fans..

I made it a sticky but wasn't me who put the text in.. But thanks for the credit :lol:

Good to finally get the ball rolling on these facilities.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:34 pm

House of Sport director Steve Borley:

"Finally, after a lot of hard work between all parties we are now able to deliver on our bold ambition to provide a sustainable multi-purpose facility in the east of Cardiff. There are huge benefits for all including Cardiff University students, Cardiff City Academy and especially the local sports clubs. I wish to thank our partners in the project - Cardiff University and Cardiff council - for recognising the benefits in joining forces in this collaborative investment.”

Speaking about its wider impact on the area in the east of Cardiff, Councillor Russell Goodway, Cabinet Member for Investment and Development at Cardiff Council, said: “This new state-of-the-art facility will not only benefit students from Cardiff University and the Cardiff City Football Academy, but the wider community of Llanrumney, as local rugby and football clubs will have access to the facility.

“The project is an excellent example of partnership working and is an important part of the Council’s strategy to improve Llanrumney, which also includes new housing schemes and a bridge to connect directly into the A48.”

Cardiff University’s Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students, Claire Morgan, said: “I am absolutely delighted that work has begun on this significant upgrade to our sports facilities, which will see them transformed into some of the best sport pitch provision in the UK.”

“This project offers a much-needed boost for our students’ sporting experience. It means more students will be able to benefit from sport which we know can help enhance and maintain mental health, boost academic achievement, and increase employability prospects.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I made it a sticky but wasn't me who put the text in.. But thanks for the credit :lol:

We got a mystery moderator? :mrgreen:
But it appears after many years of neglect facilities are now being put in place for club to progress... I know club is trying to get cat 1 for academy if that comes off only need for playing side to deliver and maybe just maybe club as a long term strategy to be successful ? But think that will need to be under new ownership
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

But it appears after many years of neglect facilities are now being put in place for club to progress... I know club is trying to get cat 1 for academy if that comes off only need for playing side to deliver and maybe just maybe club as a long term strategy to be successful ? But think that will need to be under new ownership

Not me either, Allan; I was about to post the story but saw yours...

All good news that it has started... :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:43 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

All good news that it has started... :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I know it's in collaboration with various organisations but surely it shows a certain commitment to the club by the regime doesn't it?
pembroke allan

Postby cendl blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:27 pm

All good news. The facility sounds a great asset for the area as well. Hopefully this facility will help bring on future homegrown stars like in the past
cendl blue

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:45 pm

The club has come a long way the facilities around the city and south wales are excellent, remember we too over the athletic stadium too . We'll done the club and tbe academy is going from strength to strength.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:46 pm

Once complete, I'll give it a week before its robbed. :roll:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:38 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Once complete, I'll give it a week before its robbed. :roll:

Yes I was thinking that, or the pitch dug up or motorbikes accross it, they will need good security it's a bit out of the way, but no doubt thats in hand.
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I know it's in collaboration with various organisations but surely it shows a certain commitment to the club by the regime doesn't it?

Allan, it is certainly a positive that it is happening and the club must be heavily committed to it, which I guess can be seen as 'mixed signals' as to their intentions

Collaboration with other stakeholders is (rightly) the modern way and in many ways protects the project regardless of the current situation at the club

I genuinely don't know how 'committed' Vincent Tan is to the whole Cardiff City FC project currently but I do see that he continues to bankroll the club during tough times for all, including him in a business sense, to ensure we survive and avoid the ignomy of possible FFP breaches that other similar sized clubs are experiencing

My understanding is that he continues to seek a buyer and as reported previously, early talks have taken place with more than one party

Only time will tell how that progresses, if at all, but in the meantime the new project is to be applauded, if we are to have a more self-sustainable future :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:34 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan, it is certainly a positive that it is happening and the club must be heavily committed to it, which I guess can be seen as 'mixed signals' as to their intentions

Collaboration with other stakeholders is (rightly) the modern way and in many ways protects the project regardless of the current situation at the club

I genuinely don't know how 'committed' Vincent Tan is to the whole Cardiff City FC project currently but I do see that he continues to bankroll the club during tough times for all, including him in a business sense, to ensure we survive and avoid the ignomy of possible FFP breaches that other similar sized clubs are experiencing

My understanding is that he continues to seek a buyer and as reported previously, early talks have taken place with more than one party

Only time will tell how that progresses, if at all, but in the meantime the new project is to be applauded, if we are to have a more self-sustainable future :ayatollah:

Chris things are progressing to make the club more of an attractive purchase for an ambitious owner with the funds to expand on what club as already done... real shame couldn't get things right regarding managers and players such mistakes have proved very costly for tan but largely it's his own fault or naivety on football matters.
pembroke allan

Postby Simplesimon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Chris things are progressing to make the club more of an attractive purchase for an ambitious owner with the funds to expand on what club as already done... real shame couldn't get things right regarding managers and players such mistakes have proved very costly for tan but largely it's his own fault or naivety on football matters.

With you on that. It seems that there’s been a lot of activity going on behind the scenes to rebuild the club structure into a more cohesive and forward looking one. Whoever’s idea it has been. But on a wider view, adding this to the existing facilities at Cyncoed UWIC and the sporting academic and research reputation they’ve been building over the years. It could be making Cardiff an attractive sports Uni destination. Which can only be good for the club and our fair City
Simplesimon

Return to General Chat