Update: Cardiff City

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:59 am

There has been so much guessing and rumours on here, Twitter etc

:bluebird:

Cardiff City have sold 11,700 Season tickets so far for next season.

Come on Bluebirds our capacity is 33,500, Support your local team and get down their and buy one, fantastic value.

Last season by the first week of August Cardiff had sold 14,500, so hopefully with a few good signings to come this figure can still be achieved.

It would be great if our local Media pushed the season tickets etc instead of continually putting out made up crap, which everyone is fed up of.
Attachments
7B13926D-2C9D-4CC2-A294-1C59D54FA919.jpeg
7B13926D-2C9D-4CC2-A294-1C59D54FA919.jpeg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 11451 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Update: Cardiff City

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:06 am

Thanks Annis, that sounds more like it. I thought the 6K quoted on here seemed way too low, especially compared to where other clubs are.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:13 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Thanks Annis, that sounds more like it. I thought the 6K quoted on here seemed way too low, especially compared to where other clubs are.
:bluebird: :bluebird:

No problem, I thought so as well , so found out the truth.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Thanks Annis, that sounds more like it. I thought the 6K quoted on here seemed way too low, especially compared to where other clubs are.

Thanks Annis - that number doesn't look too bad compared with the number you give for last August; I agree, a decent striker signed or perhaps one (or two??) old Wales players looking for a decent run out, and we may be pleasantly surprised ;)
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Brilliant. Stop the shit stirring by some. Nearly 12k sounds much more like it and better than I expected to be fair. Roll on the new season!
jimmy_rat

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:36 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks Annis - that number doesn't look too bad compared with the number you give for last August; I agree, a decent striker signed or perhaps one (or two??) old Wales players looking for a decent run out, and we may be pleasantly surprised ;)

James, your welcome and yes a couple of names and who knows :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:There has been so much guessing and rumours on here, Twitter etc

Come on Bluebirds our capacity is 33,500, Support your local team and get down their and buy one, fantastic value.

Last season by the first week of August Cardiff had sold 14,500, so hopefully with a few good signings to come this figure can still be achieved.

It would be great if our local Media pushed the season tickets etc instead of continually putting out made up crap, which everyone is fed up of.

Cheers Annis. Now let’s get more. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:51 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:There has been so much guessing and rumours on here, Twitter etc

:bluescarf:

Cheers Annis. Now let’s get more. :bluescarf:

No problem Andrew,

Yes come on City fans get the numbers up even more :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 am

That’s not bad in fairness but still lagging way behind some of our rivals

Hopefully finish up somewhere near 15,000 maybe more with a couple of decent signings
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:That’s not bad in fairness but still lagging way behind some of our rivals

Hopefully finish up somewhere near 15,000 maybe more with a couple of decent signings

If Bale and or Ramsey signed 20,000 plus
Bluebina

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:44 am

I am pleasantly surprised at the numbers I remember being one of under a 500 who had a season ticket
Abergavenny

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes, this is more the fugure I would have expected...

We have a genuine hardcore around those figures since the early Sam days and the rest (season ticket figures) tend to fluctuate depending on perceived 'success'

I'm not one to continually 'bash' the current regime; but they could learn an awful lot about 'fan engagement' of which there is current next to none... :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby montyblue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:22 am

SVEN

Well said but i have been banging on about engaement from board to fans for months surely someone from the supporters should be rattling thefe cage a bit more pointing out that the club is representing the city and its supporters.
montyblue

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:51 am

That is brilliant support so early ,people saying we sold 6000 need to shut up .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 am

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Well said but i have been banging on about engaement from board to fans for months surely someone from the supporters should be rattling thefe cage a bit more pointing out that the club is representing the city and its supporters.

Monty, to be fair, you have; and I know the supporters representatives (not the Trust) are working hard to get better engagement :thumbup:

Part of the problem seems to stem from the 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' responses from many supporters (not just on this Forum) for pretty much everything they do since the early errors of their tenure

Sadly, I can't see it changing until new, more savvy (fan-wise) owners are in place
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 am

Bluebina wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:That’s not bad in fairness but still lagging way behind some of our rivals

If Bale and or Ramsey signed 20,000 plus

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:16 am

Sven wrote:

Monty, to be fair, you have; and I know the supporters representatives (not the Trust) are working hard to get better engagement :thumbup:

Part of the problem seems to stem from the 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' responses from many supporters (not just on this Forum) for pretty much everything they do since the early errors of their tenure

Sadly, I can't see it changing until new, more savvy (fan-wise) owners are in place

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about that. I think our "less regular" fans are more fickle than that.

Any sign of success and they tend to jump straight in e.g. FA Cup Final, Carling Cup, Bellamy signing, etc.

I honestly don't think it matters about our owners. Even under the Riddler season ticket sales were massively increased despite all the unfulfilled promises.

If we sign Bale and/or Ramsey I would put money on season ticket sales getting up close to 20,000 , as Wez has said, virtually straightaway. I'm not knocking that because it's then up to the football side to build on that momentum and if we got promotion or close to it on the back of that we stand a chance of keeping a lot of those new fans.

This isn't a criticism either way, just a fact of life at most Championship clubs with limited success over the years.
piledriver64

Postby BC-CB » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Perhaps opening the ticket office would help?
BC-CB

Postby undybluebird » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:23 pm

Annis I was told over 12,000 2 weeks ago when i renewed my 6. wierd!
undybluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:34 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about that. I think our "less regular" fans are more fickle than that.

Any sign of success and they tend to jump straight in e.g. FA Cup Final, Carling Cup, Bellamy signing, etc.

I honestly don't think it matters about our owners. Even under the Riddler season ticket sales were massively increased despite all the unfulfilled promises.

If we sign Bale and/or Ramsey I would put money on season ticket sales getting up close to 20,000 , as Wez has said, virtually straightaway. I'm not knocking that because it's then up to the football side to build on that momentum and if we got promotion or close to it on the back of that we stand a chance of keeping a lot of those new fans.

This isn't a criticism either way, just a fact of life at most Championship clubs with limited success over the years.

Tim, a good point well made and I wasn't referring to a specific group of support; just that many can't see past the early errors

Fickleness amongst the 'floaters' is a given... :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Large Arge » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:19 pm

undybluebird wrote:Annis I was told over 12,000 2 weeks ago when i renewed my 6. wierd!

I think you can’t book Level 3 or 4 tickets through the stadium map. Maybe over 12k including corporate tickets and sponsors and 11,700 sold to people with fan numbers and CCFC accounts.
Large Arge

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm

Large Arge wrote:
undybluebird wrote:Annis I was told over 12,000 2 weeks ago when i renewed my 6. wierd!

I think you can’t book Level 3 or 4 tickets through the stadium map. Maybe over 12k including corporate tickets and sponsors and 11,700 sold to people with fan numbers and CCFC accounts.

No you cant book through stadium map need to book via commercial dept for level 3 & 4 so probably not counted in numbers.
pembroke allan

Postby skiprat » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:14 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Absolutely spot on.big signings will result big surge in season ticket sales
skiprat

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:41 am

Huddersfield have sold around 15,500 season tickets according to their chief executive:

The recession does not seem to be hurting football.

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat