' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:40 pm

As much as I will applaud the board for bringing Bale onboard, It will be completely their own fault if Bale doesnt sign.

Bale wants to come, clearly. The only way he wont is if Dalman et al dont give Bale what he is looking for.

With the board being such a jealous self centred self important bunch it wouldnt surprise me if Bale was to walk away and the board will be forever remembered as the ones who turned down a top world footballer for nothing.

Yes, the board ARE accountable. I urge them to conclude this deal for the good of the club, the fans and the City as a whole. And good for them if they do.

I'd go as far as to say our immediate future relies on this deal.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:55 pm

Barclay1 wrote:As much as I will applaud the board for bringing Bale onboard, It will be completely their own fault if Bale doesnt sign.

Bale wants to come, clearly. The only way he wont is if Dalman et al dont give Bale what he is looking for.

With the board being such a jealous self centred self important bunch it wouldnt surprise me if Bale was to walk away and the board will be forever remembered as the ones who turned down a top world footballer for nothing.

Yes, the board ARE accountable. I urge them to conclude this deal for the good of the club, the fans and the City as a whole. And good for them if they do.

What a load of nonsense, so if Bale says I want 100k a week and only wants to play home games, and cardiff say no its the boards fault ffs ,if it falls through it will probably be coz bale wants to go somewhere else .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby M4 Exile » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:57 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:It’s 100% happening barring a major last minute cockup.

Says who? :bluebird:

I’ll reveal who once it’s done and I know no one gets in trouble :lol:

it will be after another potential signing too or when he goes elsewhere :thumbup:
M4 Exile

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

it will be after another potential signing too or when he goes elsewhere :thumbup:

What does it depend on mate? (If anything)
Also, any idea of when announcement(s) will happen?
Cheers in advance
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:As much as I will applaud the board for bringing Bale onboard, It will be completely their own fault if Bale doesnt sign.

What a load of nonsense, so if Bale says I want 100k a week and only wants to play home games, and cardiff say no its the boards fault ffs ,if it falls through it will probably be coz bale wants to go somewhere else .

But he doesnt want to go elsewhere does he as you well know. So others who have alluded the same on page one of this thread? Didnt care to answers their similar points then?

Its absolute folly on your part to suggest Bale will want such money, or even make such demands on game time.

If he wants more than the average footballer, it would be ludicrous ( or typical) of our board ur board not to give the guy his demands. The benefits would far far far outweigh his requests, which, if what we read it to be believed, are not likely to be preposterous in the slightest.

The nonsense here is your defence of a board that in your eyes can do no wrong.
Barclay1

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:

We know he’s not going to ask for that so that’s an irrelevant point. It’s looking like the only way he will go somewhere else is if we f**k it up on our side of things so it seems.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby M4 Exile » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Cheers in advance

No idea on what could mess it up, again can’t state enough it would genuinely have to be a major disagreement between bale + board (and this is coming from a Tan defender :lol:)

Don’t know when it’s announced but Bale’s intentions are 100% to sign for Cardiff and I highly doubt what he’s asking for will be too unreasonable
M4 Exile

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:12 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We know he’s not going to ask for that so that’s an irrelevant point. It’s looking like the only way he will go somewhere else is if we f**k it up on our side of things so it seems.

Over to you Wez!
Barclay1

Postby M4 Exile » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:15 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Cheers in advance

No idea on what could mess it up, again can’t state enough it would genuinely have to be a major disagreement between bale + board (and this is coming from a Tan defender :lol:)

Don’t know when it’s announced but Bale’s intentions are 100% to sign for Cardiff and I highly doubt what he’s asking for will be too unreasonable

also if I was head of marketing at the club I would insist that we don’t announce it until we know whether the other is coming as the social media post would bring huge attention to the club
M4 Exile

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:29 pm

I also think that part of GB's desire to join us gives a reassuring approving nod to how we are trying to progress on the pitch. I don't think he'd entertain it if he didn't buy into SM's philosophy change (which we've all wanted) and how he could add and influence to the yet unexplained 'Project'.

Funny how the stars seemingly are now aligning after a perfect storm and by circumstance, not design.

It's never done till it's done though and I'm not holding my breath, as it's Cardiff City and something usually pops up and bites us on the arse.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:39 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Cheers in advance

I think if what he was asking for was completely out of our range we wouldn’t be this far into negotiations. Surely the club and GB would have put some ‘feelers’ out before now.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

We have no idea what any deal includes, but there may be certain contract criteria that would scupper the deal and not be the clubs fault.

It feels like those already blaming the board want it both ways. You want the glory of signing Bale but will be just as happy to yet again stick the knife into the board.

It's all hypothetical but what if Bale does want to pick and choose his game time and the manager thinks that will unsettle the team dynamics, what if he does want a weekly salary that goes against the clubs finances (and yes I know he will bring in PR, tickets sales and merchandise sales). There may be a limit as to weekly wages and percentages of merchandise sales we can afford.

We know how Madrid were annoyed by that flag, well we are already being told (if true) that this is all about Wales and the World Cup. As much as we want him playing for Wales, the club do have priorities of their own.

All that said, I do doubt that Bales requests will be exorbitant but let's keep judgement until we know the facts.

Anyway, he is signing so let's not argue about it.
Wayne S

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

We have no idea what any deal includes, but there may be certain contract criteria that would scupper the deal and not be the clubs fault.

It feels like those already blaming the board want it both ways. You want the glory of signing Bale but will be just as happy to yet again stick the knife into the board.

It's all hypothetical but what if Bale does want to pick and choose his game time and the manager thinks that will unsettle the team dynamics, what if he does want a weekly salary that goes against the clubs finances (and yes I know he will bring in PR, tickets sales and merchandise sales). There may be a limit as to weekly wages and percentages of merchandise sales we can afford.

We know how Madrid were annoyed by that flag, well we are already being told (if true) that this is all about Wales and the World Cup. As much as we want him playing for Wales, the club do have priorities of their own.

All that said, I do doubt that Bales requests will be exorbitant but let's keep judgement until we know the facts.

Great Post
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Large Arge » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:41 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Very well put :clap:
Large Arge

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Very well put. But disagree with the “Wez is right” part as he said he could be demanding a wage :lol: no offence Wez.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

But he doesnt want to go elsewhere does he as you well know. So others who have alluded the same on page one of this thread? Didnt care to answers their similar points then?

Its absolute folly on your part to suggest Bale will want such money, or even make such demands on game time.

If he wants more than the average footballer, it would be ludicrous ( or typical) of our board ur board not to give the guy his demands. The benefits would far far far outweigh his requests, which, if what we read it to be believed, are not likely to be preposterous in the slightest.

The nonsense here is your defence of a board that in your eyes can do no wrong.

Just because people dont hold your view on the board and are willing to give an alternative view to your one eyed Outlook doesn't mean they are biased for them ... there are several reasons for this not to happen but your not willing to accept this? your view is the club should give him anything he wants even if it is to deprement of the other players otherwise its boards fault regardless of reasons.. .. we can offer him things other clubs cannot and suspect opposite is true about other clubs that are vying for his signature? yes we all know he wants to come here but if its that simple
it would been announced by now if only carlsberg did simple transfers..... anyway no matter the decision is GB and his alone and let's hope it's a yes otherwise going on holiday with no internet so cannot read the meltdown on here if says no.. :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:15 pm

Abergavenny wrote:If it is about money and playing at as high a level possible then we will not be in with chance However if it’s not about money but being close to family and being home within 15 mins from training ground and have more time with his family then we are in prime position.
The reasons he will go for us will mostly be for non football related issues and no other club can offer those as well as we can

You are right, these are his main drivers plus his WC swansong. But I also think that he sees the unrealised potential of City if it was run correctly and with a 1.5M catchment area, a capital city, football now being recognised as Wales national sport plus the catalytic affect he has had on the national teams success delivering a packed CCS, which is arguably largely down to him. I think Bellamy thought the same in essence when he returned home and for the next stage in his footballing life. He was essentially axed as a 'free of charge' football expert for asking the right questions but embarrassing Dalman and the board by revealing their ineptitude and in a 'political' way that suggested he was at fault.

If Bale thought we were a basket case, he wouldn't even be considering us, even for the above reasons, I believe change is afoot and for the better. The board has been inept, not general operations, but in terms of actual football business expertise and fan 'engagement' (horrible term I know). If we are up for sale and in talks, Dalman has the best marketing campaign possible falling onto his lap right now and free of charge.

Would I like to see VT have a last roll of the dice with the Bale Effect? Short term maybe but then selling to a new owner/consortium that gets football and commits properly. If longer term, he needs a root and branch restructuring of the board, starting with the resignation of Dalman, who is the weakest link. IMHO, I think VT should just divest his football portfolio like he did with his his MLS interests and be done with it as part of his business optimisation which has been Berjaya's main goal for the last 18 months.

If this plays out in a certain way by circumstance and then design, anything's possible. And it should be.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:52 am

Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Just one additional point. I have seen very little mention of FFP throughout this process but it is a real consideration for the club.

I’m not an expert but salary and benefits to a player do count towards expenditure as far as I know. Therefore, if those benefits such as image rights, shirt sales, etc., are part of any deal that has to be carefully calculated. The last thing we need is to fall foul of FFP and have to work within transfer embargoes, etc.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m guessing that after this summer’s cull of big earners we probably do have plenty of wriggle room for this not to be anything more than a consideration.

I raise this just to demonstrate that the club has to ensure that any deal doesn’t jeopardise the hard work that has been done on the finances.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be plenty of jealous clubs watching our finances very closely so we’ll have to be squeaky clean on this deal, even more so if the Ramsey deal is a goer.

I firmly believe that this deal is more likely to happen than not, but it’s not as simple as just signing on the dotted line.
piledriver64

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Just one additional point. I have seen very little mention of FFP throughout this process but it is a real consideration for the club.

I’m not an expert but salary and benefits to a player do count towards expenditure as far as I know. Therefore, if those benefits such as image rights, shirt sales, etc., are part of any deal that has to be carefully calculated. The last thing we need is to fall foul of FFP and have to work within transfer embargoes, etc.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m guessing that after this summer’s cull of big earners we probably do have plenty of wriggle room for this not to be anything more than a consideration.

I raise this just to demonstrate that the club has to ensure that any deal doesn’t jeopardise the hard work that has been done on the finances.

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be plenty of jealous clubs watching our finances very closely so we’ll have to be squeaky clean on this deal, even more so if the Ramsey deal is a goer.

I firmly believe that this deal is more likely to happen than not, but it’s not as simple as just signing on the dotted line.

Two great posts and proves again how naive Barclay is when it comes to football.

No one is bigger than the club not even Bale.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:17 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

It is to some ... other considerations don't come into equation.. as said several things could mean he wont sign ffp is another to add to list... :o
pembroke allan

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:18 am

It's crazy the amount of people who know what's being negotiated before they've even started negotiating.
bluebird7291

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Sponsership helps, Rooney was sponsered by a betting company, and that was ok, the points deduction was because Derby did not do their accounts correctly, had to redo them and they were still not correct, and thought it was ok to "sell" their ground for £80m when it was only worth around the £30m/£40m mark.
Perhaps the malaysia goverment, or even VT will sponser GB. We will never know the exact deal that's being thrashed out, but it will be done with the FFP rules in mind :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:43 am

Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Sponsership helps, Rooney was sponsered by a betting company, and that was ok, the points deduction was because Derby did not do their accounts correctly, had to redo them and they were still not correct, and thought it was ok to "sell" their ground for £80m when it was only worth around the £30m/£40m mark.
Perhaps the malaysia goverment, or even VT will sponser GB. We will never know the exact deal that's being thrashed out, but it will be done with the FFP rules in mind :thumbup:

Yep, I'm sure it will but people need to recognise that it will be a factor in the deal that is being/has been struck.

As you say, the Derby ground example is one that demonstrates that just because you take an action doesn't mean to say that it complies with FFP.

My guess is that we're at the point now where all of these issues have already been resolved and it's down to Bale to make/announce a decision. I first heard about this prospective "deal" back in April, as Forever Blue could confirm, so it's not as if they're scrambling around in the last couple of weeks to see if it can be done.

They know the parameters, Bale just needs to decide if it's right for him and then both sides agree the best time to make the announcement, either way.
piledriver64

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:05 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Yep, I'm sure it will but people need to recognise that it will be a factor in the deal that is being/has been struck.

As you say, the Derby ground example is one that demonstrates that just because you take an action doesn't mean to say that it complies with FFP.

My guess is that we're at the point now where all of these issues have already been resolved and it's down to Bale to make/announce a decision. I first heard about this prospective "deal" back in April, as Forever Blue could confirm, so it's not as if they're scrambling around in the last couple of weeks to see if it can be done.

They know the parameters, Bale just needs to decide if it's right for him and then both sides agree the best time to make the announcement, either way.

Yes but don’t forget if Bale decides it’s not for him - whatever his reason then it’s all those horrible people on the boards fault.

If he does sign then it’s nothing to do with the board it’s all Bale!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Yes but don’t forget if Bale decides it’s not for him - whatever his reason then it’s all those horrible people on the boards fault.

If he does sign then it’s nothing to do with the board it’s all Bale!

Ridiculous as it sounds, you’re absolutely right.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:34 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Wez!

Wez is right.

Spot on.

Two great posts and proves again how naive Barclay is when it comes to football.

No one is bigger than the club not even Bale.

Sorry, do you mean how naiive Barclay is, or is it how naiive all the others who clearly have the same thoughts as me and have mentioned so in this thread are?

Not naiive Im afraid, Im talking reality here. I tink youll find my knowledge of the game isnt that bad at all.

Ill reiterate Bale is ours to lose, and our board is quite adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Barclay1

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am

Just peddling your masters agenda.
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:18 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Just peddling your masters agenda.

Wonder who's agenda your peddling? :laughing5: you simply cannot accept that there are numerous reasons why he may not come here (plenty reasons been illistrated) but all you can see is clubs failure if it doesn't happen? If GB went to ncastle instead of city and for playing reasons you would find way to say club should have done more and club fcked it up... because you could not accept GB rationale but prefer your view on things.
No one on here as a master we all have our own views like you do. so "STOP" this crap about about people being board lovers or whatever.... makes you look like shi'ite stirrer .... anyway time to talk to something other than a brick wall have nice day....:thumbup:
pembroke allan

Previous

Return to General Chat