“ POINTS DEDUCTION: “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am

POINTS DEDUCTION :

Both Reading and Bristol City may face points deduction this season .

Reading have six points deduction suspended from last season ….pending a plan they have to submit to the EFL .

My understanding is that they are struggling to satisfy the requirements .

Bristol City may break the FFP rules by crossing the maximum 3 year allowance.

One thing I want to clarify ….. the yearly loss allowance is £13 million per annum normally ….making the 3 year allowable loss £39 million . However in the covid year the £13 million was raised to £18 million ……

So the £39 million has gone up to £44 million.

It is looking possible that the Worzels may fail to pass the test.

Personally , in principle , I am not keen to take advantage of someone else’s misfortune ….but rules are rules and those clubs have had an unfair advantage ….which they may have to pay the price for now.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ POINTS DEDUCTION: “

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:11 am

Yup,just like Derby.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:POINTS DEDUCTION :

Reading have six points deduction suspended from last season ….pending a plan they have to submit to the EFL .

One thing I want to clarify ….. the yearly loss allowance is £13 million per annum normally ….making the 3 year allowable loss £39 million . However in the covid year the £13 million was raised to £18 million ……

Personally , in principle , I am not keen to take advantage of someone else’s misfortune ….but rules are rules and those clubs have had an unfair advantage ….which they may have to pay the price for now.

not being funnt Annis, but i don't care about principle, if they both get point deductions heaven forbid we have a bad season, that could be the difference in us staying up or going down.
bluebird04

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:54 am

bluebird04 wrote:

not being funnt Annis, but i don't care about principle, if they both get point deductions heaven forbid we have a bad season, that could be the difference in us staying up or going down.

I agree, read my last sentence.

In someways we were virtually saved this season it, did help us as they both struggled and we were awful over all.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:07 am

Four years ago the Robins made a profit but unfortunately for them that year drops off the three year rolling total when they submit their accounts.

Scarily for them, the upcoming return could show a loss in excess of 39 million alone.
Wayne S

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:23 am

The nice side of me says it's a shame when clubs go through this, as it's the fans that suffer. The other side of me says good, the Wurzels despise us more than the jerks, they'd be rubbing their hands with glee if it was happening to us.

Couldn't give a fig about Reading, sterile fans with the most sterile ground throughout the leagues.

Has Bale signed yet? :laughing6:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby BC-CB » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:03 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:The nice side of me says it's a shame when clubs go through this, as it's the fans that suffer. The other side of me says good, the Wurzels despise us more than the jerks, they'd be rubbing their hands with glee if it was happening to us.

Couldn't give a fig about Reading, sterile fans with the most sterile ground throughout the leagues.

At this rate, we'll be promoted without kicking a ball!
BC-CB

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:23 am

I'm not sure about describing it as "misfortune". These clubs know all the rules at the start of every season yet they don't do anything/enough to bring themselves within the guidance.

That means that all the other clubs that do take action e.g. reducing wage bill, selling players, buying lesser players on lower fees, etc., are unfairly competing with clubs cheating the system. All of those measures I mention have an adverse impact on the quality of players so have a direct impact on their ability to compete with the cheats.

My understanding is that Fulham were also sailing very close to the wind. They had players on Prem+ wages like Mitrovic, signed Wilson with a big fee and big wages and then signed Neco Williams on loan and paid his wages despite knowing that if they didn't go up this season they were in breach and would be penalised. They got lucky but just look at Derby to see what happens when the gamble fails.

Personally I think EFL is starting to get a lot better at this side of things and I don't think Bristol and Reading will be the last teams to fall foul of FFP. Birmingham are/were in a similar position and there are others.
piledriver64

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:36 am

BC-CB wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:The nice side of me says it's a shame when clubs go through this, as it's the fans that suffer. The other side of me says good, the Wurzels despise us more than the jerks, they'd be rubbing their hands with glee if it was happening to us.

At this rate, we'll be promoted without kicking a ball!

It's all going horribly right! All we need now is some bad news about the Jerks.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:59 pm

They knew the rules, so tough, we cut our cloth accordingly.
Still got this CAS case though which I hope doesn't drag into new season.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Return to General Chat