" GARETH BALE TORN BETWEEN CARDIFF CITY & MLS "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 am

Gareth Bale believed to be torn between Cardiff City and move to America as Wales captain to make decision 'in next few days'

The Bluebirds are still hopeful of pulling off a sensational deal for Bale, but he is also weighing up other offers

By Paul Abbandonato

Wales superstar Gareth Bale appears to be torn between Cardiff City and a transfer to America as he ponders his next move.

WalesOnline understands a Bluebirds contract has been on the table for Bale following intensive negotiations with the Welsh captain and his representatives, but he has yet to sign it.

In the interim, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has confirmed talks are ongoing 'with lots of other clubs.' Two of those are believed to be Major League Soccer teams in the USA, who would be able to offer Bale a vastly bigger salary than he could earn with Championship club Cardiff.

The lure of the Bluebirds is for Bale to come home for personal reasons and cement an even greater Welsh football legacy by firing Cardiff into the Premier League. It is an option he is still strongly considering. Bale, 33, is weighing up what to do next, having held conversations with Cardiff manager Steve Morison on Wednesday.

Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett politely told us on Thursday morning he could offer no update at this stage, but confirmed a decision 'will be made in the next few days'.

Cardiff's concern will be the more that time drags on, the greater the possibility that Bale may choose to go Stateside.

Two American clubs are among those who have also made offers to the talismanic Welsh skipper and they too are waiting on his decision. Cardiff remain hopeful they can still land the five-time Champions League winner, which could spark further big names arriving this summer and the Bluebirds expected to challenge for promotion.

However, Bale has a lot to weigh up, including the best preparation for his and Wales' World Cup dream in Qatar, where they meet England, USA and Iran in the group stages.

Wales' medics are also housed at Cardiff's training HQ on the outskirts of the Welsh capital, and that could yet be a pull. Bale is to leave Wales for a holiday in Asia in the coming days and intends on letting Cardiff and the American clubs know of his decision before that.

Premier League trio Newcastle United, Nottingham Forest and former club Tottenham have also been linked with Bale, while there is also German interest. The most recent odds from the bookmakers appear to back up the dilemma Bale is facing. He is 4-5 to join the Bluebirds, with any MLS club at 11-8. The bookies see it as a straight fight between Cardiff and America.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " GARETH BALE TORN BETWEEN CARDIFF CITY & MLS "

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Gareth Bale believed to be torn between Cardiff City and move to America as Wales captain to make decision 'in next few days'

The Bluebirds are still hopeful of pulling off a sensational deal for Bale, but he is also weighing up other offers

By Paul Abbandonato

Wales superstar Gareth Bale appears to be torn between Cardiff City and a transfer to America as he ponders his next move.

WalesOnline understands a Bluebirds contract has been on the table for Bale following intensive negotiations with the Welsh captain and his representatives, but he has yet to sign it.

In the interim, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has confirmed talks are ongoing 'with lots of other clubs.' Two of those are believed to be Major League Soccer teams in the USA, who would be able to offer Bale a vastly bigger salary than he could earn with Championship club Cardiff.

The lure of the Bluebirds is for Bale to come home for personal reasons and cement an even greater Welsh football legacy by firing Cardiff into the Premier League. It is an option he is still strongly considering. Bale, 33, is weighing up what to do next, having held conversations with Cardiff manager Steve Morison on Wednesday.

Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett politely told us on Thursday morning he could offer no update at this stage, but confirmed a decision 'will be made in the next few days'.

Cardiff's concern will be the more that time drags on, the greater the possibility that Bale may choose to go Stateside.

Two American clubs are among those who have also made offers to the talismanic Welsh skipper and they too are waiting on his decision. Cardiff remain hopeful they can still land the five-time Champions League winner, which could spark further big names arriving this summer and the Bluebirds expected to challenge for promotion.

However, Bale has a lot to weigh up, including the best preparation for his and Wales' World Cup dream in Qatar, where they meet England, USA and Iran in the group stages.

Wales' medics are also housed at Cardiff's training HQ on the outskirts of the Welsh capital, and that could yet be a pull. Bale is to leave Wales for a holiday in Asia in the coming days and intends on letting Cardiff and the American clubs know of his decision before that.

Premier League trio Newcastle United, Nottingham Forest and former club Tottenham have also been linked with Bale, while there is also German interest. The most recent odds from the bookmakers appear to back up the dilemma Bale is facing. He is 4-5 to join the Bluebirds, with any MLS club at 11-8. The bookies see it as a straight fight between Cardiff and America.

The bookies aren't often wrong and say Caridiff almost a dead cert, MLS a small chance, keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:59 am

Bluebina wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Gareth Bale believed to be torn between Cardiff City and move to America as Wales captain to make decision 'in next few days'

By Paul Abbandonato

The bookies aren't often wrong and say Caridiff almost a dead cert, MLS a small chance, keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lazy journalism at its best. Contract offer may well have been offered and he may well have gone to chew it over for a day or two but I personally can’t see anything wrong with that.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby CantonStandBob » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:18 pm

It's not Bale being unsure about Cardiff or the MLS which bothers me it's our idiotic so called fans that are actually saying "I think he would be better off in the MLS as he will be a target if he plays for Cardiff and might get injured before the World Cup". Because what nobody realises is that you don't get fouled in the MLS it's like table football where nobody comes near you.
This could be the biggest signing in the history of Cardiff and STILL some of our fanbase question whether it should happen.
Imagine that first home game v Norwich if he signs, it would be the season opener on the Friday night for sure at a packed CCS.
CantonStandBob

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:24 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:It's not Bale being unsure about Cardiff or the MLS which bothers me it's our idiotic so called fans that are actually saying "I think he would be better off in the MLS as he will be a target if he plays for Cardiff and might get injured before the World Cup". Because what nobody realises is that you don't get fouled in the MLS it's like table football where nobody comes near you.
This could be the biggest signing in the history of Cardiff and STILL some of our fanbase question whether it should happen.
Imagine that first home game v Norwich if he signs, it would be the season opener on the Friday night for sure at a packed CCS.

Not heard our fans say that?

They all want him At Cardiff City.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:It's not Bale being unsure about Cardiff or the MLS which bothers me it's our idiotic so called fans that are actually saying "I think he would be better off in the MLS as he will be a target if he plays for Cardiff and might get injured before the World Cup". Because what nobody realises is that you don't get fouled in the MLS it's like table football where nobody comes near you.

On some posts a few have said he would be targeted in the Championship But let’s not forget we play USA in world cup and more likely to be targeted in MLS to get him out of the game If he goes to MLS it will be for money we can’t match and that’s all
Abergavenny

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

On some posts a few have said he would be targeted in the Championship But let’s not forget we play USA in world cup and more likely to be targeted in MLS to get him out of the game If he goes to MLS it will be for money we can’t match and that’s all
Abergavenny

Postby CantonStandBob » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

They have on Twitter and on Facebook. They are concerned with him being "targetted" and picking up an injury in the Championship, seriously they talk like it's the Lazarou Sunday League down Trelai Park.
CantonStandBob

Postby montyblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:54 pm

I doubt bale would have kept us cardiff and welsh fans on the ding dong for so long his pub might change though "blue" and its not about the money so i would have thought mls. is not going to happen only thing in there favour is the weather and golf.
montyblue

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:14 pm

montyblue wrote:I doubt bale would have kept us cardiff and welsh fans on the ding dong for so long his pub might change though "blue" and its not about the money so i would have thought mls. is not going to happen only thing in there favour is the weather and golf.

Only one thing to say here.
The MLS season ends on October 9th., there is no way in this world that GB would be match fit for the world cup 21st November if he went there, you are talking about a period of 6 weeks with no games to get and keep fit :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby Large Arge » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:18 pm

But I thought this was the easiest deal in all of football and only “the regime” could mess this up?
Large Arge

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Igovernor wrote:
montyblue wrote:I doubt bale would have kept us cardiff and welsh fans on the ding dong for so long his pub might change though "blue" and its not about the money so i would have thought mls. is not going to happen only thing in there favour is the weather and golf.

The MLS season ends on October 9th., there is no way in this world that GB would be match fit for the world cup 21st November if he went there, you are talking about a period of 6 weeks with no games to get and keep fit :banghead:

Does that include their playoff system if the team he goes to get there?
paulh_85

Postby Bonner » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:20 pm

going to MLS makes no sense, unless it’s about money, which he previously said it wasn’t.
Maybe his ‘agent’ can see the ‘dollar’ signs and putting obstacles in the way for Cardiff move?
Bonner

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Bonner wrote:going to MLS makes no sense, unless it’s about money, which he previously said it wasn’t.
Maybe his ‘agent’ can see the ‘dollar’ signs and putting obstacles in the way for Cardiff move?

Maybe just said something like ‘ok, we know cardiffs offer, let’s take a day or two just to digest’.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm

I remember being excited when we signed John Charles and I was there when he scored in his first game against guess who Norwich City!
HarriRhys22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Does that include their playoff system if the team he goes to get there?

No that finishes in early November..
pembroke allan

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Dalmans suddenly playing in the majors and finding out the big boys are used to this. I bet striking a deal in Madrid is torture, and takes months or delicate leaks and false info.

He'll get what he wants as its too good an offer and anyway, its Vinny who'll really decide and the lure of a superstar will be too much to handle

Without Bale and Rambo the balloon will be well and truly burst, so no need to worry about further season tickets and sponsorship, just suck it up boys it's Hobsons choice whichever way we look at it.
llan bluebird

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:58 pm

As soon as I seen Paul Abbandonato wrote it, I stopped reading :roll:
Lazy journalism
Ponty Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:As soon as I seen Paul Abbandonato wrote it, I stopped reading :roll:
Lazy journalism

I wouldn’t believe a thing he says either Sam. Just jumping on the bandwagon I reckon mate
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:As soon as I seen Paul Abbandonato wrote it, I stopped reading :roll:
Lazy journalism

I wouldn’t believe a thing he says either Sam. Just jumping on the bandwagon I reckon mate
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lazy journalism

Exactly Andrew
Ponty Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:29 pm

Roll On the 1st July ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:27 am

Interesting chat on ssn about international managers telling players that it's important to be playing regularly football before world cup and to choose new club carefully? Is a 6wk break between end mls season to long in case of GB going there....
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:42 am

Latest odds on who he'll sign for:

Any MLS club - 4/6

Cardiff City - 11/10
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:54 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Latest odds on who he'll sign for:

Any MLS club - 4/6

Cardiff City - 11/10

Let’s hope that’s guesswork. Can’t see it (MLS) happening myself.
bluebirdoct1962

The pros and cons

Postby pipster » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Ok - he goes to America - makes a load more money, becomes Beckham type figure that will boost his profile / commercial interests / golfing ambitions and generally becomes like Beckham if managed right.

He comes to us - we wont make him financially much richer than he already is. He can choose his games, he will be living notfar from his parents and family and friends etc. He will inspire a generation of young kids as a hero figure that gives something back to the game and to his home town club.

It's a tough one - I can see him coming to use untilthe WC starts and then going on a free to MLS in January. That way he gets the best of both and we get to see him and Ramsey in a Cardiff shirt.
pipster

Re: The pros and cons

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:10 pm

pipster wrote:Ok - he goes to America - makes a load more money, becomes Beckham type figure that will boost his profile / commercial interests / golfing ambitions and generally becomes like Beckham if managed right.

He comes to us - we wont make him financially much richer than he already is. He can choose his games, he will be living notfar from his parents and family and friends etc. He will inspire a generation of young kids as a hero figure that gives something back to the game and to his home town club.

It's a tough one - I can see him coming to use untilthe WC starts and then going on a free to MLS in January. That way he gets the best of both and we get to see him and Ramsey in a Cardiff shirt.

And that's probably the deal he wants, but one City are not prepared to give. Much as I would love him to come we can't build our season around getting a player fit for the World Cup. Morrison is trying to build a new team and its possible that City have said if you come, you are part of that team and its a year or nothing. And then you can go and do what you want.
JJ1927

Return to General Chat