UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ 100% Gareth Bale “

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:If this is true, and we don't really know, then who's to say it's not on the playing side where the problem lies ?

Everything seemed to be going fine yesterday then Bale meets with Morison, we're then told (on here and in Press) that Bale now just needs to decide and today people are saying it's off.

Maybe Bale said he wanted too much choice on where, when and how he plays and Morison didn't want to be tied to that ?

Let's just wait and see, I've never known a big transfer at this club go smoothly.

I just find it strange that there are no conversations going on today according to previous posts yet today is the day the club have, allegedly cocked it up :?

A lot of stuff you’ve just posted I agree with, and your right the local Media and Twitter and this forum after the meetings said it was now more complicated and it has become and I’ve just been told it’s not good and their is now a lot lesser chance of signing Gareth Bale.

Football can change just like that ,Wez and I just had a chat and it’s true.

But I can only say what I’ve been told by someone close to it all.

Yep, things can and do change rapidly and there could be another twist yet.

However, one thing is for sure. If Bale does go to MLS then this was a lot more to do with money than we were led to believe by many people including his Agent.

It was said he wanted to be with his family and be in the best possible condition for the World Cup.

If he goes to MLS he will be away from his family (he won't uproot them for a short contract), he's even further away from the Welsh FA organisation and he will certainly have less of a say in how, when he plays because whoever signs him will want to make money out of the transaction themselves.

This could just be part of the normal bargaining or could even be a smoke screen for Tan to swoop in and save the day publicly.

Who knows ? But until it's announced I think we all just need to hope a good solution for all parties can be achieved.

You could be right on tan ,I said that to annis.

Well, if we're right on that and it does happen I couldn't give a monkeys if Tan wanted to claim all the glory :laughing5: just get him to sign :laughing5:
piledriver64

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm

Think people need to sit back and watch what happens. Alot of people have been throwing mud at the club over this transfer from day one (which I find odd if it was 100%)

Im convinced he will sign. It's typical hard balling over something before the finalisation.
bluebird7291

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm

This could be Tan's "James Bond" moment :ayatollah:
NPCF3

Postby theDelaney88 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:16 pm

I can't imagine any other club turning down a zero wage Gareth Bale :lol:

Just give him anything he wants for christ sake
Last edited by theDelaney88 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theDelaney88

Postby eddiep » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Gareth Bale coming benefirs the club full stop.
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc
Wez, you are mixing benefit the ckub with benefitting Tan and Dalman.

Only they can fck this up and
start yet another dismal season of dwilgling crowds and fanbase....
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:20 pm

eddiep wrote:Gareth Bale coming benefirs the club full stop.
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Not if the club don't get those monies in the deal
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

I said only Dalman can mess this up and he is.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Think people need to sit back and watch what happens. Alot of people have been throwing mud at the club over this transfer from day one (which I find odd if it was 100%)

Im convinced he will sign. It's typical hard balling over something before the finalisation.

:thumbup:

Yep, it's fine details now.

Big upheaval for him to move to America before a World Cup, a big, big risk for him to take.
NPCF3

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

100% of commercial sales etc releated to him ? So the club doesn't get anything ? And only 10 games ,What's the point in that ?
Last edited by wez1927 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wez1927

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm

Even thou it not about salary it does seem to be a lot about money Sponsorship etc How do we know if he has not asked for 100k a week in sponsorship ( Who will be the sponsor ) Rooney apparently got £100k a week from sponsor and no salary but it is still money in your pocket
Abergavenny

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Even thou it not about salary it does seem to be a lot about money Sponsorship etc How do we know if he has not asked for 100k a week in sponsorship ( Who will be the sponsor ) Rooney apparently got £100k a week from sponsor and no salary but it is still money in your pocket

Was told basically wants 100% of the rights etc made off him so basically we wouldn't profit financially, if that is true then he can bugger off .
wez1927

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

100% of commercial sales etc releated to him ? So the club doesn't get anything ? And only 10 games ,What's the point in that ?

If that’s his demands then no thank you
Abergavenny

Postby mjw6150 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm

NPCF3 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:Think people need to sit back and watch what happens. Alot of people have been throwing mud at the club over this transfer from day one (which I find odd if it was 100%)

Big upheaval for him to move to America before a World Cup, a big, big risk for him to take.

In addition, the MLS will see him travelling the length and breadth of the US/Canada almost every week for games. Will leave him much more tired than he would be if he played in UK.
mjw6150

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm

NPCF3 wrote:

I've heard he's currently doing the medical. But at this point there's loads of people saying things. (although the person who told me is usually on the ball)
bluebird7291

Postby Bonner » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

100% of commercial sales etc releated to him ? So the club doesn't get anything ? Ndconky 10 games ,What's the point in that ?

exactly, if the club don’t get any gain from him signing then what is the point.. maybe it’s me being old fashioned, but if I were Bale, I would do all that I could to help my ‘ hometown ‘ club, that would be my next ambition, Bale and family are set up for life financially, so surely it’s all about what he can do to help Wales and hopefully his hometown club..
however, his agent, probably doesn’t share the same sentiment .
Bonner

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:30 pm

Well the club definately wont get the money if he doesnt come so what is the difference.

I really dont know how Tan and Dalman operate our club. No interest, no motivation, and an ability to slowly kill the club.

And the majority on here let it happen.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:31 pm

Bonner wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

100% of commercial sales etc releated to him ? So the club doesn't get anything ? Ndconky 10 games ,What's the point in that ?

exactly, if the club don’t get any gain from him signing then what is the point.. maybe it’s me being old fashioned, but if I were Bale, I would do all that I could to help my ‘ hometown ‘ club, that would be my next ambition, Bale and family are set up for life financially, so surely it’s all about what he can do to help Wales and hopefully his hometown club..

The person who told me this could be wrong tho ,everyone on this thread is getting it 2nd or 3rd hand ,it could be Chinese whispers and he's having his medical now and signs.
wez1927

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Even thou it not about salary it does seem to be a lot about money Sponsorship etc How do we know if he has not asked for 100k a week in sponsorship ( Who will be the sponsor ) Rooney apparently got £100k a week from sponsor and no salary but it is still money in your pocket

Was told basically wants 100% of the rights etc made off him so basically we wouldn't profit financially, if that is true then he can bugger off .

If that's the case (maybe, maybe not) then it really is all about the money in which case we can't afford him.
Welshman in CA

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If that's the case (maybe, maybe not) then it really is all about the money in which case we can't afford him.

Exactly
wez1927

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bonner wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc

Bale's demands are fair.

The person who told me this could be wrong tho ,everyone on this thread is getting it 2nd or 3rd hand ,it could be Chinese whispers and he's having his medical now and signs.

This is what I've heard haha. He's having his medical. I asked for pictures, he's said "no I ain't getting done for stalking again"
bluebird7291

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:34 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Well the club definately wont get the money if he doesnt come so what is the difference.

I really dont know how Tan and Dalman operate our club. No interest, no motivation, and an ability to slowly kill the club.

And the majority on here let it happen.

How would anyone on here actually be able to stop it without being a multimillionaire ? You're here blaming people on this board for letting it happen, what are you doing to stop it from happening besides bitching about almost everything & everyone?
Welshman in CA

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:36 pm

What I will say is this morning when I walked in my local coffee bar, all the Spanish were talking about Cardiff City and Gareth Bale , never ever heard some of them mention Cardiff City before only Wales.

What Bale would have also done for us is lifted the profile of our club to unbelievable heights
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I hope you know I've backed you all the way Wez concerning not signing him at any cost.

But giving 100% of rights made off him is the same as getting nothing if he doesn't come.

However, with the former..... we have Gareth Bale.

I am more concerned about demands that affect the playing side.
Wayne S

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

What a load of absolute rubbish. If Bale doesnt come we wont get those profits anyway!

Any club on the planet would take Bale under those circumstances because of what he brings.

Anyone other than us....

Somehow we all knew Dalman would put the kybosh on this.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:If this is true, and we don't really know, then who's to say it's not on the playing side where the problem lies ?

Everything seemed to be going fine yesterday then Bale meets with Morison, we're then told (on here and in Press) that Bale now just needs to decide and today people are saying it's off.

Maybe Bale said he wanted too much choice on where, when and how he plays and Morison didn't want to be tied to that ?

Let's just wait and see, I've never known a big transfer at this club go smoothly.

I just find it strange that there are no conversations going on today according to previous posts yet today is the day the club have, allegedly cocked it up :?

A lot of stuff you’ve just posted I agree with, and your right the local Media and Twitter and this forum after the meetings said it was now more complicated and it has become and I’ve just been told it’s not good and their is now a lot lesser chance of signing Gareth Bale.

Football can change just like that ,Wez and I just had a chat and it’s true.

But I can only say what I’ve been told by someone close to it all.

So what’s the sticking point? If you and Wez have heard similar I’m sure you can share it here.

Things can change in football but I know everyone wants it to happen including me but it must benefit the club too ,got to be able to make a commercial profit from the opportunity .

Promotion, TV rights, tickets sold, global exposure.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:

It's still worth it cost neutral. I can't imagine you would every be able to work out the financial benefit of attracting other players, fans etc so it must not take that into account but we would still benefit from it.

If it's just direct things like shirt sales, image rights, advertising then fine -we wouldn't get those things anyway if he didn't come unless I'm missing something?
Qwerts

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:40 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Soz for appearing to go round in circles but if that was the case he surely wouldn’t even be in talks with us.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:40 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

What a load of absolute rubbish. If Bale doesnt come we wont get those profits anyway!

Any club on the planet would take Bale under those circumstances because of what he brings.

Anyone other than us....

So sign him and not earn any money off it ffs what's the point .
wez1927

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

Agreed. Give him all the commercial because we won’t get it if he doesn’t sign anyway. But the benefits of him joining would make us a shit ton of money through, tv deal, big sponsors that would want to be involved with the club, the profile of the club would increase globally, merchandise will go through the roof even without bales name on it, so will ticket sales. Plus the quality of player wanting to join would increase. There’s so many positives to do this deal. Even if he only plays 10 times for us. We are so short sighted.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

Nothing has been sorted either way yet mate. Calm down.
bluebirdoct1962

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat