UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ 100% Gareth Bale “

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Qwerts wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Even thou it not about salary it does seem to be a lot about money Sponsorship etc How do we know if he has not asked for 100k a week in sponsorship ( Who will be the sponsor ) Rooney apparently got £100k a week from sponsor and no salary but it is still money in your pocket

Was told basically wants 100% of the rights etc made off him so basically we wouldn't profit financially, if that is true then he can bugger off .

It's still worth it cost neutral. I can't imagine you would every be able to work out the financial benefit of attracting other players, fans etc so it must not take that into account but we would still benefit from it.

If it's just direct things like shirt sales, image rights, advertising then fine -we wouldn't get those things anyway if he didn't come unless I'm missing something?

Exactly. He's a player who could command a 100k+ wage a week. The benefits to the club, the city, the factor in attracting other players, more TV revenue, the list is endless
JasonFowler1991

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Even thou it not about salary it does seem to be a lot about money Sponsorship etc How do we know if he has not asked for 100k a week in sponsorship ( Who will be the sponsor ) Rooney apparently got £100k a week from sponsor and no salary but it is still money in your pocket

Was told basically wants 100% of the rights etc made off him so basically we wouldn't profit financially, if that is true then he can bugger off .

If that's the case (maybe, maybe not) then it really is all about the money in which case we can't afford him.

Exactly

100% of the rights makes it silly for the club because other than season tickets they won't make a penny.

Now I do get that it would still be great for the club but if they then add that he'll only commit until November then the benefits are even more difficult to see particularly if they are being asked to build the team/squad to cater for him and he's going to retire after the World Cup !!

A longer deal of a full season makes more sense in that scenario but even then there is no guarantee that he won't change his mind after the World Cup and then Morison has to scour the January window looking to replace.

I'd still rather us sign him if I'm totally honest, but I do see that there are two sides to this deal and a short term signing like this isn't something that Morison's exhaustive planning would have catered for.

If Bale and his agent were honest when they said it wasn't about money and just about being ready for the World Cup, being close to the Welsh FA and family then the only clubs that can offer that is us or the Jacks :o :lol:
piledriver64

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If that's the case (maybe, maybe not) then it really is all about the money in which case we can't afford him.

Exactly

What a load of absolute rubbish. If Bale doesnt come we wont get those profits anyway!

Any club on the planet would take Bale under those circumstances because of what he brings.

Anyone other than us....

Somehow we all knew Dalman would put the kybosh on this.

So if somehow us doing that sponsorship deal to give his set amount per week puts us over FFP, then it doesn’t matter because we would have Gareth Bale playing for us? As people said above Rooney was on 100k a week but nothing in wages, it will eventually catch up with us. If the deal is not financially feasible for the club then I have no problem with the board pulling the plug.
But as I’ve said previously if Bale did actually want to come to us to be close to home as people have said, if he does end up in the MLS, it’s safe to say we were never an option. Because that negates the only reason he wanted to come to us in the first place.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

What a load of absolute rubbish. If Bale doesnt come we wont get those profits anyway!

Any club on the planet would take Bale under those circumstances because of what he brings.

Anyone other than us....

Agreed. Give him all the commercial because we won’t get it if he doesn’t sign anyway. But the benefits of him joining would make us a shit ton of money through, tv deal, big sponsors that would want to be involved with the club, the profile of the club would increase globally, merchandise will go through the roof even without bales name on it, so will ticket sales. Plus the quality of player wanting to join would increase. There’s so many positives to do this deal. Even if he only plays 10 times for us. We are so short sighted.

What I was told and maybe annis could clarify if he heard the same is we wouldn't earn a penny off most of what you listed
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

So sign him and not earn any money off it ffs what's the point .

Do we expect to make money on everyone we sign? If so, we've been doing a terrible job of it haha
Qwerts

Postby royalblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm

Even if the club didn't benefit from merchandise etc.. from Bale it would be the same as if we didn't have him at all. But surely the squad and youngsters would benefit from having Bale and we would still get the media attention, more live games and potential investors due to higher profile etc..
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

Agreed. Give him all the commercial because we won’t get it if he doesn’t sign anyway. But the benefits of him joining would make us a shit ton of money through, tv deal, big sponsors that would want to be involved with the club, the profile of the club would increase globally, merchandise will go through the roof even without bales name on it, so will ticket sales. Plus the quality of player wanting to join would increase. There’s so many positives to do this deal. Even if he only plays 10 times for us. We are so short sighted.

What I was told and maybe annis could clarify if he heard the same is we wouldn't earn a penny off most of what you listed

But we also wouldn't lose a penny and our chances of promotion and signing other quality players would increase massively. It's still win-win.
JasonFowler1991

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

Even if it’s not directly involved with Bale and his name on it? Not doubting what you’ve heard but I find that hard to believe that they would ask that. Stuff with bales name on it and stuff directly involving bale I’d understand.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:50 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

Even if it’s not directly involved with Bale and his name on it? Not doubting what you’ve heard but I find that hard to believe that they would ask that. Stuff with bales name on it and stuff directly involving bale I’d understand.

I'm not 100% sure I'm only hearing it 2nd hand but was told cardiff wouldn't benefit financially that would be the price of having him also its only 10 games .
wez1927

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:If this is true, and we don't really know, then who's to say it's not on the playing side where the problem lies ?

Everything seemed to be going fine yesterday then Bale meets with Morison, we're then told (on here and in Press) that Bale now just needs to decide and today people are saying it's off.

Maybe Bale said he wanted too much choice on where, when and how he plays and Morison didn't want to be tied to that ?

Let's just wait and see, I've never known a big transfer at this club go smoothly.

I just find it strange that there are no conversations going on today according to previous posts yet today is the day the club have, allegedly cocked it up :?

A lot of stuff you’ve just posted I agree with, and your right the local Media and Twitter and this forum after the meetings said it was now more complicated and it has become and I’ve just been told it’s not good and their is now a lot lesser chance of signing Gareth Bale.

Football can change just like that ,Wez and I just had a chat and it’s true.

But I can only say what I’ve been told by someone close to it all.

Yep, things can and do change rapidly and there could be another twist yet.

However, one thing is for sure. If Bale does go to MLS then this was a lot more to do with money than we were led to believe by many people including his Agent.

It was said he wanted to be with his family and be in the best possible condition for the World Cup.

If he goes to MLS he will be away from his family (he won't uproot them for a short contract), he's even further away from the Welsh FA organisation and he will certainly have less of a say in how, when he plays because whoever signs him will want to make money out of the transaction themselves.

This could just be part of the normal bargaining or could even be a smoke screen for Tan to swoop in and save the day publicly.

Who knows ? But until it's announced I think we all just need to hope a good solution for all parties can be achieved.

You could be right on tan ,I said that to annis.

Wez, I am not saying the story about 'complications' is right or wrong; but I know 100% Vincent Tan (forget his Poodle) is desperate for this signing to happen on his Watch, so I don't see any major issue being from the club side

Speaking to someone who has been pretty much spot on to date, the feeling is that a deal is still very much on and that a move to the USA is not currently his preferred action ahead of the World Cup

Questions asked include what hapoens after the World Cup and the length of any contract at this club?

Short term (up to the World Cup) with options or a longer agreement?

Either way, any deal that brings Gareth Bale to Cardiff City FC will be a huge one and every effort is being made for it to happen :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:53 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

That's the way it reads, anything above average, so sponsorship, season tickets, shirt sales, matchday income etc. If I read it wrong then that's different but if not there is no monetary upside.

We all wait & see.
Welshman in CA

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:53 pm

10 games !

Bordering on what's the point now
paulh_85

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

So sign him and not earn any money off it ffs what's the point .

Isn't that most signings anyway?
NPCF3

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

I'm not 100% sure I'm only hearing it 2nd hand but was told cardiff wouldn't benefit financially that would be the price of having him also its only 10 games .

I find the 10 games more concerning. Many would say better to have 10 games with Bale than none but in our position of re-building I'm struggling to see how that benefits us from the playing side .

Whether we like it or not he will be looking after himself up to the World Cup and I get that, but if he isn't coming back after that surely the disruption to the team/squad is worse than if he didn't come at all ?

Some of these demands now look so unreasonable I'm beginning to wonder whether someone in the club is just feeding lines to buy them a bit of time to set things up. I don't rate Bale's agent but I'm not sure even he would believe that he can get all of that for his client.
piledriver64

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly

Anyone other than us....

That's the way it reads, anything above average, so sponsorship, season tickets, shirt sales, matchday income etc. If I read it wrong then that's different but if not there is no monetary upside.

We all wait & see.

Does he increase our chance of promotion... Or at least staying in the Championship? :laughing5:

It's a no-brainer. Just poker playing imo.
NPCF3

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:10 games !

Bordering on what's the point now

There’s been several plus points. Even if he only played 1 game. It would be huge for the club. Providing he don’t take all our commercial monies :lol:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:If this is true, and we don't really know, then who's to say it's not on the playing side where the problem lies ?

Everything seemed to be going fine yesterday then Bale meets with Morison, we're then told (on here and in Press) that Bale now just needs to decide and today people are saying it's off.

Maybe Bale said he wanted too much choice on where, when and how he plays and Morison didn't want to be tied to that ?

Let's just wait and see, I've never known a big transfer at this club go smoothly.

I just find it strange that there are no conversations going on today according to previous posts yet today is the day the club have, allegedly cocked it up :?

A lot of stuff you’ve just posted I agree with, and your right the local Media and Twitter and this forum after the meetings said it was now more complicated and it has become and I’ve just been told it’s not good and their is now a lot lesser chance of signing Gareth Bale.

However, one thing is for sure. If Bale does go to MLS then this was a lot more to do with money than we were led to believe by many people including his Agent.

It was said he wanted to be with his family and be in the best possible condition for the World Cup.

If he goes to MLS he will be away from his family (he won't uproot them for a short contract), he's even further away from the Welsh FA organisation and he will certainly have less of a say in how, when he plays because whoever signs him will want to make money out of the transaction themselves.

This could just be part of the normal bargaining or could even be a smoke screen for Tan to swoop in and save the day publicly.

Who knows ? But until it's announced I think we all just need to hope a good solution for all parties can be achieved.

Wez, I am not saying the story about 'complications' is right or wrong; but I know 100% Vincent Tan (forget his Poodle) is desperate for this signing to happen on his Watch, so I don't see any major issue being from the club side

Speaking to someone who has been pretty much spot on to date, the feeling is that a deal is still very much on and that a move to the USA is not currently his preferred action ahead of the World Cup

Questions asked include what hapoens after the World Cup and the length of any contract at this club?

Either way, any deal that brings Gareth Bale to Cardiff City FC will be a huge one and every effort is being made for it to happen :ayatollah:

That sounds more sensible.
piledriver64

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:09 pm

Has anyone considered that Steve Morison doesn't want Bale at the club?

May sound a ridiculous comment but honestly it isn't.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby M4 Exile » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:

We would benefit financially in the long run. I know people who jumped on the Bellamy bandwagon and are still going to this day. Bale is another level.

Bale 100% wants to sign for Cardiff and has made firm plans regarding his family should it happen. As I’ve maintained it would have to be a major cockup by those in charge for it not to happen.

That cockup appears to be an unbelievable sense of shortsightedness by the board trying to make an instant buck on it?

Either the board are incredibly incompetent (and I’ve defended them countless times before now), or their trying to get one last cash inflow before a potential sale??
Last edited by M4 Exile on Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M4 Exile

Postby montyblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:10 pm

We have a chance to have 25,000 crowds every home game and a big away following with bale on board but without him if his mind has been changed by cardiff in a bad way
our crowds will be lower than last season and away will also be down
montyblue

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Has anyone considered that Steve Morison doesn't want Bale at the club?

May sound a ridiculous comment but honestly it isn't.
No man is bigger than the club mentality?. Might be unsettling the circus?.
wez1927

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:ITS 100% NOT GARETH BALES FAULT REGARDING SIGNING FOR CARDIFF CITY

Not looking good at all I’ve just been told, before yesterday’s meeting it was 100%, Now looking more like 30% :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am starting to feel sick, Bale wanted NO Wages.

Agent wanted sponsorships etc and rightly so.

Dalman Hmmmmmmmmm?

I CAN TELL YOU NOW GARETH BALE 100% WANTS TO SIGN FOR CARDIFF CITY HIS HOMETOWN CLUB.

Get ready for local media to twist it

Annis can you share what the agent wants and the etc's

Can't blame anyone until we know what the demands are
NIBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:12 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We would benefit financially in the long run. I know people who jumped on the Bellamy bandwagon and are still going to this day. Bale is another level.

Bale 100% wants to sign for Cardiff and has made firm plans regarding his family should it happen. As I’ve maintained it would have to be a major cockup by those in charge for it not to happen.

That cockup appears to be an unbelievable sense of shortsightedness by the board trying to make an instant buck on it?

Either the board are incredibly incompetent (and I’ve defended them countless times before now), or their trying to get one last cash inflow before a potential sale??

Could be right about cash in, maybe we are skint more than we thought.?
wez1927

Postby royalblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:13 pm

If what's been said on this post is true, then Newcastle at 20/1 is good odds. Just saying.
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:13 pm

With respect, Im really losing my swede over our inability as a club to see an overwhelming opportunity when it presents itself on a plate.

When fans flock to the stadium to see Bale, we wont get profits from Bale merch, but they'll buy food, drink, match tickets, other merchandise. Crowds will increase, sponsorship will go through the roof. TV games a regular.

Dare I say a promotion challenge or actual promotion would bring multi millions.

Absolutely crackers that people have said Bale can 'bugger off' if he wants 100% of his own merchandising. So short sighted.

Tan and Dalman can see its either them or Bale, and incredibly, they have put the club and Bale second and themselves first.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Barclay1 wrote:With respect, Im really losing my swede over our inability as a club to see an overwhelming opportunity when it presents itself on a plate.

When fans flock to the stadium to see Bale, we wont get profits from Bale merch, but they'll buy food, drink, match tickets, other merchandise. Crowds will increase, sponsorship will go through the roof. TV games a regular.

Dare I say a promotion challenge or actual promotion would bring multi millions.

Absolutely crackers that people have said Bale can 'bugger off' if he wants 100% of his own merchandising. So short sighted.

Tan and Dalman can see its either them or Bale, and incredibly, they have put the club and Bale second and themselves first.

What I was told its just not merchandise, its everything you've listed maybe annis could clarify what he's heard too .
wez1927

Postby montyblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm

Worcester ccfs

This crossed my mind they may not have seen eye to eye bale amd morrison it could undermine morrisons plans and idea' s i mentioned this a while back if bale came ramsey etc would tan step in a pump more money in and rip up morrisons signings and morrison himself bringing in a mew manager also better players.
montyblue

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:19 pm

montyblue wrote:Worcester ccfs

This crossed my mind they may not have seen eye to eye bale amd morrison it could undermine morrisons plans and idea' s i mentioned this a while back if bale came ramsey etc would tan step in a pump more money in and rip up morrisons signings and morrison himself bringing in a mew manager also better players.

Players will rise their levels working with someone like Bale. It's nonsense to think it would derail anything.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim, one game, 10 games (if that is what it is?) or 100 games; ANY deal that associates GARETH BALE with CARDIFF CITY FC is one that will make him a Bluebird legend in his home city and resonate positively for years to come...! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Sven wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim, one game, 10 games (if that is what it is?) or 100 games; ANY deal that associates GARETH BALE with CARDIFF CITY FC is one that will make him a Bluebird legend in his home city and resonate positively for years to come...! :ayatollah:

Exactly. Don’t know why some can’t see it.
OwainGlyndŵr123

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat