Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ 100% Gareth Bale “

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Has anyone considered that Steve Morison doesn't want Bale at the club?

May sound a ridiculous comment but honestly it isn't.

Niot ridiculous at all.

Him being here will be a media circus and the press can be a pain at the best of times.

Bale will be more important at press conferences than Morison which it shouldn't be

We keep saying all others players would thrive but they could just as much be forgotten entities in all this.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:28 pm

Wayne S wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Has anyone considered that Steve Morison doesn't want Bale at the club?

Niot ridiculous at all.

Him being here will be a media circus and the press can be a pain at the best of times.

Bale will be more important at press conferences than Morison which it shouldn't be

We keep saying all others players would thrive but they could just as much be forgotten entities in all this.

Exactly.

Also has to be remembered that Steve Morison calls the shots at the club right now, but that would all change if Bale arrived.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Niot ridiculous at all.

Exactly.

Also has to be remembered that Steve Morison calls the shots at the club right now, but that would all change if Bale arrived.

If Morison can’t/don’t want to handle Bale or any other big name then he will forever be a lower league manager.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:34 pm

At this moment no one knows if stuff that is being bandied about is 100% true.
Until the decision is made and even after it is made the real finance side of any deal is all guessswork.
Please stop slagging off GB before you know what is true and what is not, this is typical city fans going off on one when not even knowing the facts.
It is not long to wait, before we all know what is happening, until then blaming the board, blaming GB is not on :banghead:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Niot ridiculous at all.

Exactly.

If Morison can’t/don’t want to handle Bale or any other big name then he will forever be a lower league manager.

It's not about handling the big names, it about dealing with the (potential) clauses in any contract.

Look at Mbappe at PSG. Cannot be right that he would have more say over signings than the manager. Not saying GB is looking for anything like that but there must be limits.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 pm

Igovernor wrote:At this moment no one knows if stuff that is being bandied about is 100% true.
Until the decision is made and even after it is made the real finance side of any deal is all guessswork.
Please stop slagging off GB before you know what is true and what is not, this is typical city fans going off on one when not even knowing the facts.
It is not long to wait, before we all know what is happening, until then blaming the board, blaming GB is not on :banghead:

Exactly only the people in the negotiations know the exaxct situation, the rest is guess work and subjective assumtions!

Gareth Bale will decide whats best for him with his red lines and the club will do the same, if it doesn't go ahead it's no ones fault it's just that it wasn't best for both parties.

I think he would be mad not to come here in a World Cup Year, but it's up to him to decide!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
eddiep wrote:Gareth Bale coming benefirs the club full stop.
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc
Wez, you are mixing benefit the ckub with benefitting Tan and Dalman.

Only they can fck this up and
start yet another dismal season of dwilgling crowds and fanbase....

Not if the club don't get those monies in the deal

Bale's demands are fair.

I said only Dalman can mess this up and he is.

You say his demands are fair so therefore you know them So exactly what are they ?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:54 pm

This is a funny thread aye. Speculation in the absence of the facts and Roathie and a couple of others have got their torches and pitchforks out already.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:54 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
eddiep wrote:Gareth Bale coming benefirs the club full stop.
Season tickets
Merchandise
Global branding
Etc
Etc
Wez, you are mixing benefit the ckub with benefitting Tan and Dalman.

Only they can fck this up and
start yet another dismal season of dwilgling crowds and fanbase....

Not if the club don't get those monies in the deal

Bale's demands are fair.

I said only Dalman can mess this up and he is.

You say his demands are fair so therefore you know them So exactly what are they ?

No one on here knows, it's all guesswork!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:At this moment no one knows if stuff that is being bandied about is 100% true.

Too much sense in this post :thumbup:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:58 pm

Really - I'm cringing at some of the comments on this thread. Not ONE of you knows for sure what's going on behind the scenes, not even those supposedly ITK. Like the majority of businesses, football clubs don't make a habit of letting outsiders know what's happening until if or when it happens. Get a grip. Embarrassing.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:08 pm

Sadly We will see who knows the truth, hopefully Dalman & Co back down at the last moment

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:09 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:This is a funny thread aye. Speculation in the absence of the facts and Roathie and a couple of others have got their torches and pitchforks out already.

Yup, and rightly so ( just take out already, and replace with 'ready').

Its interesting, with the high value, status etc of GB, someone on this board said he was interviewing us rather than the other way round.

I think that is true, and him coming or not will be decided upon whether we have presented ourselves well, or whether we have tried to play the big I am with probably one of the hottest properties in world football ....

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm

I am not really sure if posters actually know what 100 percent means .yesterday he was 100 percent coming today its 70 percent. Surely 100 percent means guaranteed lol

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sadly We will see who knows the truth, hopefully Dalman & Co back down at the last moment

If what is written on here is true, and Tan desperately wants this deal done, then pull Dalman off negotiations and get himself over here to sign it off.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:13 pm

If you believe what's come out a contract was offered to him and upto him to sign it.. :?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:15 pm

I am sure both parties have signed none disclosure agreements with regards to their talks So somewhere in our club or from the agents side someone is leaking information Which is not good for either party
Other than that it is pure speculation Which it is i have no clue

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sadly We will see who knows the truth, hopefully Dalman & Co back down at the last moment

Makes it NO LESS embarrassing seeing all the comments on here Annis - never seen such a bunch of pant wetters in my entire life

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:32 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Shame Dalman and co did not leave few seasons ago. He’s just holding the club back and not allowing to progress and develop any further.

We have fresh new faces in the playing and coaching staff. Need to freshen up the whole board level as well.

probably dalman not getting a cut!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:33 pm

What happens tomorrow. Everyone apologies for ripping dalman, Bale etc? Or is this thread being deleted?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:Exactly, if it doesn't benefit the club what's the point .

benefit the club or benefit certain board members?????????????

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:02 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:What happens tomorrow. Everyone apologies for ripping dalman, Bale etc? Or is this thread being deleted?

“Gareth 100% always wanted to come here, nothing to do with the board they just had to say yes. Easiest deal in history only an idiot could mess up”

:roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:08 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:Really - I'm cringing at some of the comments on this thread. Not ONE of you knows for sure what's going on behind the scenes, not even those supposedly ITK. Like the majority of businesses, football clubs don't make a habit of letting outsiders know what's happening until if or when it happens. Get a grip. Embarrassing.

I agree.
I’ve just scanned through and it’s pathetic from some/most.

Some blaming the club already without knowing a jot about contracts etc.

People assuming, guessing and are ready to attack. Spouting so much shite it’s unbelievable.

The most embarrassing thread on here for a long time.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:53 pm

Large Arge wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:What happens tomorrow. Everyone apologies for ripping dalman, Bale etc? Or is this thread being deleted?

“Gareth 100% always wanted to come here, nothing to do with the board they just had to say yes. Easiest deal in history only an idiot could mess up”

May have wanted to come here.. but the club cant simply say yes what about what morison requires from bale.. also club need to make something out deal same as GB does or you suggesting club gives GB a blank contract and let him fill it out with his requests and club sign it no questions asked? Not sure anyone would give someone a blank paper and agree to what's put without questioning whats on it would you??..... :roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Wages aside, negotiations ongoing with the agent and club are all that matters. The player tries to get the best deal available and so does the club. If this was Joe Bloggs from Crewe everyone on here would say jog on to some other club. As it’s Bale, another story but the club should get some sort of deal as well to market him and make a few quid after all the club should be looking after itself and this is probably what the committee are doing. We all hope Bale signs but if there isn’t any compromise then jog on.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

If what is written on here is true, and Tan desperately wants this deal done, then pull Dalman off negotiations and get himself over here to sign it off.

Jonny , as you know I am not a fan of Tan, but it’s not been him negotiating and I am hearing Tan also wants Bale beyond and their could be a lot of backing down at the last moment, with Tan himself getting involved to bring Bale here.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Large Arge wrote:

May have wanted to come here.. but the club cant simply say yes what about what morison requires from bale.. also club need to make something out deal same as GB does or you suggesting club gives GB a blank contract and let him fill it out with his requests and club sign it no questions asked? Not sure anyone would give someone a blank paper and agree to what's put without questioning whats on it would you??..... :roll:

You’ve misunderstood. I don’t think what I said is accurate but I can see it being the fall back comments if Bale does actually sign. I’d be very surprised if the deserved credit is given should the transfer be pulled off.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:32 pm

Large Arge wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Large Arge wrote:

You’ve misunderstood. I don’t think what I said is accurate but I can see it being the fall back comments if Bale does actually sign. I’d be very surprised if the deserved credit is given should the transfer be pulled off.

If he doesnt come who's the idiot that's messed it up? Everyone knows it's not simply a case of signing him but for some reason people are already blaming an individual if he doesnt sighn... sorry but why cant it be other factors that mean it doesn't get done ( been well documented) and not just an idiot at club...

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:43 pm

Large Arge wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Large Arge wrote:

For all I have said, I hope it will also be remembered that as much as Dalman will be to blame in my eyes if this deal of all deals is not cemented, I have also said I will applaud the board if this deal is agreed and Bale signs.

Whether a certain board member deserve any credit is another matter, but, as always, Im humble in my outlook and will stick to my promise

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Jonny , as you know I am not a fan of Tan, but it’s not been him negotiating and I am hearing Tan also wants Bale beyond and their could be a lot of backing down at the last moment, with Tan himself getting involved to bring Bale here.

I really think something of this magnitude needs Tan at the head of negotiations not a sidekick with no interest in anything other than dragging this club down.