Been told tonight the club are presenting an improved

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 pm

Been told tonight the club are presenting an improved offer to Bale to head off the MLS approach. Apparantly it is Bale's advisors who are playing hard ball - not Gareth Bale.

I personally think that Bales agent is using everything he can as leverage to get the best deal possible for his client. whilst also respecting Bale's wishes, that’s why Bale employs him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Been told tonight the club are presenting an improved

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm

Great news if true.

Fingers crossed that Dalman has been nowhere near this new offer/deal.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Qwerts » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:58 pm

Fingers crossed
Qwerts

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Great news if true.

Who knows who’s behind it but I’d imagine that Tan is the man upping the offer.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JakeBluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:13 pm

So it’s not the boards fault then.

How about we let this one play out without anybody blaming the board or bale or agents. This is a luxury for us to have this opportunity, if it works out and we sign Bale then absolutely unbelievable, if we don’t we move out and rebuild.

Let’s enjoy it instead of mulling over everything. Onwards and upwards gentleman
JakeBluebird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:13 pm

If Bale wants it, I think it happens. Tan will be desperate for it. Everybody just wants the best deal for their personal interests so it may take a bit of back and forth in negotiations.

Bale and new kit next week :ayatollah:
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:13 pm

Mate, if VT does rescue the deal then I’m in full agreement that MD has to go!!!
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 pm

JakeBluebird wrote:So it’s not the boards fault then.

How about we let this one play out without anybody blaming the board or bale or agents. This is a luxury for us to have this opportunity, if it works out and we sign Bale then absolutely unbelievable, if we don’t we move out and rebuild.

Let’s enjoy it instead of mulling over everything. Onwards and upwards gentleman

Great post
Ponty Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:If Bale wants it, I think it happens. Tan will be desperate for it. Everybody just wants the best deal for their personal interests so it may take a bit of back and forth in negotiations.

Bale and new kit next week :ayatollah:

My half full glass tells me that Tan will rescue it and it will. E good news tomorrow
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 pm

Well said. I think a lot of people are getting emotional over this one. Understandably, it would be the biggest transfer in the club's history. But let's wait and see how it plays out :bluescarf:
JasonFowler1991

Postby CantonStandBob » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 pm

Spot on, last thing we need going in to a season is more negativity. Whatever happens we move on and support the team.
CantonStandBob

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 pm

Sounds very much that Tan is getting more involved, as expected.

Need to keep Dalman as far away from it as possible, we all know what he's like.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Sounds very much that Tan is getting more involved, as expected.

Need to keep Dalman as far away from it as possible, we all know what he's like.

That’s why he’s got to go. He’s a liability for the club. Has no interest with the club either. Whether Bale signs or not we got to get rid of Dalman.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby dorsetblue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Mate, if VT does rescue the deal then I’m in full agreement that MD has to go!!!

Brilliant post. Dalman out!!!!
dorsetblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:45 pm

I personally think that Bales agent is using everything he can as leverage to get the best deal possible for his client. whilst also respecting Bale's wishes, that’s why Bale employs him
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I personally think that Bales agent is using everything he can as leverage to get the best deal possible for his client. whilst also respecting Bale's wishes, that’s why Bale employs him

As frustrating as that is for a city fan Annis, I do understand that.
Hopefully it’ll be a case of a bit of compromise on both sides and he’ll join us.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I personally think that Bales agent is using everything he can as leverage to get the best deal possible for his client. whilst also respecting Bale's wishes, that’s why Bale employs him

Hopefully it’ll be a case of a bit of compromise on both sides and he’ll join us.

The club should be able to make a good commercial profit tho and not be held to ransom on it ,a deal should benefit all sides .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Generally speaking, when deal-breaking, you ask for more than what you expect and then slowly find a center ground that is acceptable for both parties. I assume that is what is happening here :ayatollah:
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Generally speaking, when deal-breaking, you ask for more than what you expect and then slowly find a center ground that is acceptable for both parties. I assume that is what is happening here :ayatollah:

Exactly. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

The club should be able to make a good commercial profit tho and not be held to ransom on it ,a deal should benefit all sides .

Get what you're saying but the player also deserves a fair financial package.

Wez, my feeling is this will get done now.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Get what you're saying but the player also deserves a fair financial package.

Wez, my feeling is this will get done now.

Yes I think there’ll be a bit of compromise and it will happen now. Phew
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 pm

Annis I agree with what you say it's just business, get the absolute best deal possible :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Annis I agree with what you say it's just business, get the absolute best deal possible :ayatollah:

I agree. Hopefully a bit of compromise one way or another will sort it. We can’t be a million miles away surely.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:27 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Rightly So :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby BC-CB » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:50 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:

Spot on, last thing we need going in to a season is more negativity. Whatever happens we move on and support the team.

:occasion5:
BC-CB

Postby Simplesimon » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:Been told tonight the club are presenting an improved offer to Bale to head off the MLS approach. Apparantly it is Bale's advisors who are playing hard ball - not Gareth Bale.

I personally think that Bales agent is using everything he can as leverage to get the best deal possible for his client. whilst also respecting Bale's wishes, that’s why Bale employs him.

Taken from WOL story back in May where Barnett spoke directly with WOL.

“But Barnett did stress money wouldn't be a factor for Bale any more, although he joked: "It is for me as his agent!"

Barnett revealed: "What Gareth does next is not about money. It will be solely about what he wants to do at this stage of his career, where he wants to be."”

Apparently it’s never been about the money, but it now all hinges on the money? Surely if GB wants this to happen and it’s not about the money all he has to do is tell his agent to accept a deal, No?
Simplesimon

Postby DEANO » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:38 am

If this lets over the line dont you think we should be praising Mehmet not battering him
DEANO

Postby Abergavenny » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:38 am

So it looks like it really is all about the money Unless the hard ball is about playing time Some people stated he would play for nothing I don’t think that was ever the case
Abergavenny

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 am

My take on the situation is this. Bales agent is a mate of his so he’ll want to see him ok. There’s no fee involved so the usual 10/15% clause is out of the window - although an agent fee could easily be attached to the agreement. So I think Bale may have added a merchandise clause - hence the “complications”.

I’m not buying the MLS link, think that’s just the agent using it as a bargaining chip. If Bale was serious about that move then there’s no way he’s going on holiday until mid July with the family - they’d need to see everything on offer out there from lifestyle to homes to schools etc. and not just make what would be a snap decision at this stage.

As unbelievable as it seems and sounds, the best fit for Bale given the Wales and family situation is a move to City. Have faith lads.
LlwyncelynBlue

Postby Floppsy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:55 am

It's like a soap opera at the moment and I wonder what todays episode(s) will bring.
Will there be any da da da da da Eastenders moments?
Floppsy

Next

Return to General Chat