Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC CHAIRMAN DALMAN: “CARDIFF FANS NEED TO BE PATIENT/ BUT

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:20 am

MY VIEW:
Dalman last season the majority of the 12 players thrown / forced in to the first team squad ( nearly got us relegated & Morison when he became manager had to drop the majority of them) never really made it and the 4-5 that are still here have not made it yet and if they had, I will stand by this, Our Committee would sell them if and when they properly become quality Championship players, they will be sold.

Of all the Committee members it’s Dalman who needs to move on, has no care, commitment or knowing what’s really happening at Our club.
I wish he had gone to Charlton.

CCFC CHAIRMAN DALMAN:

“CARDIFF FANS NEED TO BE PATIENT / BUT PLAY-OFF IS OUR AIM / TOP 2 I GENUINELY DONT SEE IT.”

By Glen Williams

Tuesday 2nd August 2022

The recruitment of so many players who fit Morison's new system has some wondering what that means for the academy graduates who shot into the limelight last term. Will their star wane? Many moved on and never made it? Will they be less prominent? Will they be sold on to generate funds?

Well, the answer from Dalman is pretty clear. Speaking to the BBC, when asked if they were considered sellable assets or cogs in a machine which will get them back to the Premier League, the Bluebirds chairman replied:

DALMAN:

"I see it very much in the latter of those categories. We still have that ambition to get to the Premier League. We are not looking at these players as assets to be traded, far from it.”

"We want a good, talented young team that is able to gel together and be successful for us over a number of years. That is not even an option for us. Not even a debate at all."

It is difficult to ascertain just where Cardiff's Premier League hopes sit going into this season. They have one, albeit impressive, victory under their belts against title favourites Norwich, but with a brand new squad it would be naïve to suggest Cardiff are currently genuine promotion contenders.

Dalman has said “the play-off spots would be the aim as we begin our campaign.”

"If I didn't say top six I would get killed," he added. "Our objective is to fight for the top six. I genuinely don't see us in the top two, far from it. It's a young team, so many new faces, it will take time for them to gel together.”

"The fans need to be patient and understanding as those players all gel into a team. So, if we are in the top six, I would be over the moon."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CCFC CHAIRMAN DALMAN: “CARDIFF FANS NEED TO BE PATIENT/

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:49 am

Need to be patient????

This is someone who is part of a regime of a Championship football club who have given their fans nothing to shout about, been part of a Regime who have not spent a penny in transfer fees, and part of a regime that has no care for the club.

Be patient? Be patient for what? You care not one jot. When you said last week, you might have to 'write a cheque for a player', it was like you were doing us a favour.

When you or your lieutenants on this message board read this, take away this message.

You are part of a callous and cruel ownership that gave up on this club years back. Get out of our club.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:19 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Need to be patient????

This is someone who is part of a regime of a Championship football club who have given their fans nothing to shout about, been part of a Regime who have not spent a penny in transfer fees, and part of a regime that has no care for the club.

Be patient? Be patient for what? You care not one jot. When you said last week, you might have to 'write a cheque for a player', it was like you were doing us a favour.

When you or your lieutenants on this message board read this, take away this message.

You are part of a callous and cruel ownership that gave up on this club years back. Get out of our club.

Exactly

Jonny,

The last 4 years they have said they are re-building and be patient.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:26 pm

If the club really were serious about relying on better youngsters, they would increase our Academy to Category 1 status.

The cost per year is around £5m, of which the FA fund is £1m, I believe. It sounds a lot, and it is, but when you consider that Cat 2 status costs around £3m, then it is only an extra £2m.

The benefits of being Cat 1 are that we can "poach" youngsters from other clubs (like from West Wales) and we can keep the likes of Rabbi Matondo and others who have been taken from under our noses.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags full Sir.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:50 pm

More Dalman bullshit, just piss off from our club

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags full Sir.

Whilst we rarely, if at all agree on anything CCFC related, in fairness, your passion for the club is one all should replicate.

If I were to ask a sincere question, do you think the club would be better off sold, as the current ownership is very divisive.

My first reaction to Dalman asking for 'Patience' is 'how dare you' based on what he has sacrificed for thw club compared to the supporters sacrifices.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:26 pm

I’m certainly no fan of Dalman but yes we need to be patient.

We have 13 new players maybe 15 new players soon so of course he’s right.

I think there’ll be many ups and downs this season and a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Hopefully more ups than downs!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Exactly

Jonny,

Of course we should be patient. This is a rebuilding job and we're in phase 1. We are developing a young squad who will be able to carry us forward long term. I for one am excited, hopeful that we succeed but patient knowing this is a project, with long term ambitions, rather than short term fixes like we saw under Warnock etc.

You cant go from hoof ball, to changing your style of play and bringing in 13 new players without a period of bedding in.

You may not like the man but what we are doing now appears to be right. Right for the fans, right for the long term future of the club. Mistakes have been made, lets move forward and stop with this constant divisive drivel.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 am

Do you need a snickers? :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 am

This is not the voice of majority of our supporters

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 am

JeffTheRef wrote:This is not the voice of majority of our supporters

I beg to differ. Many fans I have spoken to in the pub and online have said they feel this is a transition season and will be happy with a mid-table finish. We are building a squad for the future. A top half finish and then add another few quality players next summer and we will be in a strong position.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:28 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m certainly no fan of Dalman but yes we need to be patient.

We have 13 new players maybe 15 new players soon so of course he’s right.

I think there’ll be many ups and downs this season and a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Hopefully more ups than downs!

14 already by the looks :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:37 am

Jason, I agree with you whole heartedly, it was City Slickers last comment I dont agree with.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am

JeffTheRef wrote:Jason, I agree with you whole heartedly, it was City Slickers last comment I dont agree with.

Everything that was said on here and you had an issue with my comment? It was a joke, lighten up.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am

JeffTheRef wrote:Jason, I agree with you whole heartedly, it was City Slickers last comment I dont agree with.

:ayatollah:

The name is James by the way, Jason Fowler is tribute to my first favorite City player :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Exactly

Jonny,

Of course we should be patient. This is a rebuilding job and we're in phase 1. We are developing a young squad who will be able to carry us forward long term. I for one am excited, hopeful that we succeed but patient knowing this is a project, with long term ambitions, rather than short term fixes like we saw under Warnock etc.

You cant go from hoof ball, to changing your style of play and bringing in 13 new players without a period of bedding in.

You may not like the man but what we are doing now appears to be right. Right for the fans, right for the long term future of the club. Mistakes have been made, lets move forward and stop with this constant divisive drivel.

Well said mate. Seems some people prefer to dwell on past failures rather than focus on the immediate positives. What is happening at the club at the moment, should have happened after we were relegated. We have been forced down this road but l much prefer the way are operating now compared to signings warnock made after relegation.

15 players out, 13 in, a new way of playing. This is literally the definition of a transition and people will need a level of patience, whether they want to be or not. We are a work in progress, the transition from hoofball to how morision wants to play was never going to be completed in one summer transfer window. But you can't fault the effort the club have put in so far. They deserve a lot of credit.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:22 am

City slicker27 wrote:

Everything that was said on here and you had an issue with my comment? It was a joke, lighten up.

:lol: I seem to have got away scot free for once!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Be patient arrrrrrrr !!!! .is waiting since 1975 patient enough????. that's for our club to reach its potential.(established in the top flight and a trophy in the cabinet).