Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watford

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Looked really strong tonight going forward, they are going to cause alot of problems for championship sides. Fortunately their defence looked statuesque on times though Sheffield couldn't take advantage. Looked more premier league like than Norwich.

Re: Watford

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:21 pm

My thoughts too. Some dangerous players and great interplay. Definitely going to be there or there abouts

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:03 am

A front three of Dennis, Sarr, and Pedro is far too good for the Championship. I'd be astonished if they don't walk the league.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:14 am

They may lose Dennis or Sarr or even both before the window shuts

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:04 am

Those front three are very quick and started brilliantly then did nothing until goal but my oh my if city conceded that goal fans would go ballistic 1 defender at a corner with those 3 upfront suicidal
and the defending by Sheffield was pathetic once Watford got ball forward......but yes watford defence looked averaged but will be top 2 I think.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:32 am

i agree i think they might come good, IF they play the way the manager wants, so many times all 3 were trying to play in the middle of the 3, they were narrow and always tried to cut inside, rather than taking the ball wide.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Looked really strong tonight going forward, they are going to cause alot of problems for championship sides. Fortunately their defence looked statuesque on times though Sheffield couldn't take advantage. Looked more premier league like than Norwich.

They looked very good up front. That break for the goal was frightening. Much as I liked Flint and Morrison, imagine that pair coping with them!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:34 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i agree i think they might come good, IF they play the way the manager wants, so many times all 3 were trying to play in the middle of the 3, they were narrow and always tried to cut inside, rather than taking the ball wide.

Started like house on fire but ran out of ideas as game went on ... like said the goal was as bad defending as you could see even on a Sunday league pitch!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:i agree i think they might come good, IF they play the way the manager wants, so many times all 3 were trying to play in the middle of the 3, they were narrow and always tried to cut inside, rather than taking the ball wide.

Started like house on fire but ran out of ideas as game went on ... like said the goal was as bad defending as you could see even on a Sunday league pitch!

I agree. Even on the break for the goal with 3 v 2 in their favour, they nearly messed it up bar for some comical defending.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree. Even on the break for the goal with 3 v 2 in their favour, they nearly messed it up bar for some comical defending.

Sarr, Pedro and Dennis are far too good for this level. They should be blowing teams away with that front 3.