UPDATED: ‘ CARDIFF CITY’S NEW NO 9 ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: ‘ STRIKER HAVING MEDICAL AT CCFC ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:16 am

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
53E82F9E-978D-420D-9327-DCD0BC1A7133.jpeg
53E82F9E-978D-420D-9327-DCD0BC1A7133.jpeg (218.5 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:17 am

In the 20/21 season, when he was playing for Spurs U23, against Premier League opposition (of a similar age) he scored 9 goals in 17 appearances.

When Kieffer Moore was given the right ball or the right cross - he could score

This guy knows where the net is, is of a similar height, and Im quietly confident we might have just signed ourselves a bargain?
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Twitter:

Sounds good.
Much prefer a lad like this with something to prove rather than a journeyman. If fit, put him at least on the bench for Reading if he signs in time I say.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:21 am

Plenty of crosses on Saturday. Wattwrs either in the wrong place or moaning cos he wanted them on the floor.

Hopefully this guy can get a head on them!!
jimmy_rat

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:33 am

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
F4483B51-E7FF-4B12-95CB-B9DA72F2B6B9.jpeg
F4483B51-E7FF-4B12-95CB-B9DA72F2B6B9.jpeg (263.62 KiB) Viewed 4204 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Twitter:

Couldn’t agree more.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:43 am

Heres a compilation of him from last season. Looks strong, fast, mobile, good with the ball at his feet and intelligent. Although, I know how misleading Youtube highlights can be:

https://twitter.com/tobeyisginger/statu ... 1610836992
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Heres a compilation of him from last season. Looks strong, fast, mobile, good with the ball at his feet and intelligent. Although, I know how misleading Youtube highlights can be:

Seems to have a bit of everything from that. Certainly better than we have atm.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:54 am

From Twitter...

Kion Etete, Cheltenham Town & Northampton Town 2021-22, Forward Template

Etete is seemingly off to Cardiff, which looks to be another good pick up for the Welsh side. A mobile forward who has shown his potential in both League One & Two, with two loan moves last season. https://t.co/cM9xJKybWQ
Attachments
Screenshot_20220803-095212_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220803-095212_Twitter.jpg (204.06 KiB) Viewed 4101 times
Screenshot_20220803-095228_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220803-095228_Twitter.jpg (203.63 KiB) Viewed 4101 times
jimmy_rat

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:09 am

Clips are deceptive but he looks a lot more mobile than I anticipated, certainly fits the current system on the face of it.
piledriver64

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Heres a compilation of him from last season. Looks strong, fast, mobile, good with the ball at his feet and intelligent. Although, I know how misleading Youtube highlights can be:

He's not too greeedy and lot of assists on there, he looks like he really suits what we need :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby ScottCcfc27 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:40 am

Will be happy with this.

Better than what we have, looks a handful in some of the clips I’ve seen of him.

Can’t fault the recruitment from SM!

Dark horses?? I think we could be
Plastic since 11/05/1999
ScottCcfc27

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 am

He scored 2 goals for Northampton here. He's number 19. He has the physical size to bully defenders, but his first goal in particular shows he has some skill and mobility too. A lot of potential and I would be happy with this signing.

Tonteg Bluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 am

piledriver64 wrote:All of those people above saying that this is a risk were saying the same about Collins, Kipre, Romeo, O'Dowda, Tanner, etc.

Of course it's a risk until a player proves themselves, but how much more does Morison have to do in the transfer market before people actually back his judgement ?

What we should be saying is that unlike signing a Madine, Carroll journeyman we have now signed an exciting prospect from Spurs for £500k. That seems a pretty minimal gamble even if he turns out to be c*$p.

Time to give Morison and the recruitment team some credit and trust them I think :bluebird: :bluescarf:

You speak too much sense for the moaners on here.

We all know who they are :laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Re: Cardiff after Premier League Striker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:57 am

Sven wrote:This 'rumour' was mentioned a few days ago...

Whether this particular one comes off or not, we have to trust Steve Morison's judgement on any he gets over the line :ayatollah:

Could be a great signing from the best ‘second team’ in the world Chris! ;)
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:00 am

He looks better than Messi and Ronaldo combined on there!

:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby WelshSerb » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am

For 500k he's definitely worth the gamble, the interesting thing is spurs having a buy back clause. Tells me they obviously rate the kid
WelshSerb

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 am

WelshSerb wrote:For 500k he's definitely worth the gamble, the interesting thing is spurs having a buy back clause. Tells me they obviously rate the kid

Does anybody have any details on the buy-back clause? 1 season scoring 20+ goals in the Championship tends to turn a player into a 20 million pound player these days.

When clubs do have buy-back clauses, if cheap, they tend to activate them to sell the player on. I hope we don't get caught in that sort of trap.
JasonFowler1991

Postby wez1927 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:23 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:For 500k he's definitely worth the gamble, the interesting thing is spurs having a buy back clause. Tells me they obviously rate the kid

Does anybody have any details on the buy-back clause? 1 season scoring 20+ goals in the Championship tends to turn a player into a 20 million pound player these days.

When clubs do have buy-back clauses, if cheap, they tend to activate them to sell the player on. I hope we don't get caught in that sort of trap.

Not sure that's true ,it depends if there is a set amount on the clause or it could be just a 1st option to buy back .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:26 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Just think of it as a loan fee, with the potential for it to become a free season or two loan!
Bluebina

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:27 am

wez1927 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Not sure that's true ,it depends if there is a set amount on the clause or it could be just a 1st option to buy back .

Hopefully its a 1st option and not a set fee. Would be great to know those details although Im sure they will be kept quiet.
JasonFowler1991

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am

Looks like he got something about him from the YouTube clip. Just need to see if he can replicate it against championship opposition. I have hope for him after watching that :ayatollah:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Don Keydick » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:46 am

Well if Spurs rated him and he's had a couple of years training with them you'd think he was a good prospect. And with SM in charge you know he's not going to be a target man for a long ball game, I'm quite happy if it goes through and he's got to be better than we've got. :ayatollah:
Don Keydick

Postby Blue View » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 am

I remember reading an article on Cheltenham Town at the end of last season where Alfie May was asked why he had scored so many goals since Christmas. He said it was down to Kion Etete taking away opposition players leaving him room to score. Interestingly May and Etete were statistically Cheltenham's top 2 players last season.
Blue View

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:25 am

I know thats his best bits and against weaker opposition (on twitter) but he really does look exciting doesnt he.

I like the fact that he is not selfish and, in front of goal, his mind is quick enough to decide whether to pass or shoot!

He could become a fans favourite very easily - and his speed!
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:46 am

We already know ojo has goals in him so working work someone like that looks promising if he can settle in the league.
welshrarebit

Postby Igovernor » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:46 am

wez1927 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Wes it looks like they have written into the sale that they will get first option to buy if we put him up for sale.
Be interesting if there is £s figure in that buy back :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/footbal ... explained/

Every so often, I receive an excellent question (or set of questions) from readers of the blog. Recently, I received some really insightful queries from Jason Ives in relation to specific transfer agreement clauses. I set out his questions and provide some detail on how such clauses work in the football industry.

Can you please explain how buy-back clauses work – like the one used in Barcelona’s agreement with Aston Villa for Adama Traore?

Buy-back clauses in transfer agreements are used primarily to give a selling club the security of being able to repurchase a promising player at a set fee should the player excel in the future. Some high profile examples of such reported clauses include Álvaro Morata (Juve back to Madrid), Casemiro (Porto back to Real Madrid) and Gerard Deulofeu (Everton back to Barcelona) . In many cases, the benefit of the transfer extends to the:

selling club as they receive a transfer fee for a player that at present probably isn’t getting regular playing time with the possibility of requiring the player if he plays well at a predefined fee;
buying club who can purchase a player that they otherwise may not have been able to acquire had it not been for the clause. In addition, the buyback figure is usually significantly higher than the original transfer fee; and
player (who can play regular first team football, probably receive a pay rise and demonstrate their talent).
The buy-back provision is usually based on a number of individual or cumulative triggers including activating the clause:

In defined transfer windows (i.e. the selling club cannot buy back the player for a minimum of two seasons);
should the original selling club bid a set amount (which could vary depending on the season that the buy-back clause is triggered i.e. €2m in the 15-16 windows and €2.5m in the 16-17 windows).
Should a buy-back provision be triggered, there is usually a contractual obligation to enforce the contract and transfer the player accordingly.

As such provisions are commercial agreements between contracting parties, there is always the possibility of removing a buy-back clause should both parties agree (usually through payment made to the club that has the benefit of the buy-back clause). An interesting situation was reported over the summer with Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld who was on loan at Southampton for the 2014/15 season. Southampton had an agreement with Atletico when entering into the loan deal that they had the option to purchase the defender for £6.8m. Although not a buy-back provision, the clause gave Southampton the ability to convert the loan into a permanent transfer unless Atletico paid Southampton £1.5m to remove the clause. In the 2015 summer window Tottenham bid around £11.5m which Atletico accepted. Southampton though wanted to enforce the £6.8m purchase clause. It has not been publically reported how the matter was finally resolved but it is likely that Atletico provided compensation to Southampton in order for the player to transfer to Tottenham.

How is it different from a first refusal clause?

A first refusal transfer clause gives the club who has the benefit of the clause the opportunity to be informed of any deal that the selling club is willing to accept for the transfer of the player. This is different from a buy-back clause because usually with a first refusal clause, the selling club retains the power to decide whether to sell the player or not. Typically, a buy-back clause automatically triggers the transfer of the player should specific contractual conditions be met. In practice, the selling club will not have any way of refusing the buy-back offer if the clause is intended to be an automatic trigger and it is drafted appropriately.

What price does the original club have to offer to buy the player back?

The most common way for the original club to repurchase the player is through a set transfer fee that is inserted into the transfer agreement I.e. If the club bids £15m in any of the first 2 transfer windows. In practice, these matters can become more complicated if there are different set fees depending on the year that the clause is activated, if the player is called up for the national team, if he scores a certain number of goals or makes a number of appearances. So, for example, a basic buy-back clause could be structured as follows to ensure that the buy-back fee will be set at:

€5m should such a bid be received from the Offer Club in the Summer 2016 Window; or
€6.5m should such a bid be received from the Offer Club in the Summer 2017 Window.
An additional €1m fee will be required to activate the buy-back condition should the player[1]:

be called up to play in an officially recognised FIFA national team representative match;
score 10 Premier League goals in any season consisting of 38 league matches; or
play for at least 60 minutes in 50% of all Premier League, domestic cup and UEFA Champions League or Europa League competition matches.
What if a third club comes along with a bigger offer than the original club was offering? Does the original club have to match it? What if the third club then ups its offer in response?

This was a similar scenario to the Toby Alderweireld situation discussed above. In practice, a selling club, just as Atletico did, can have the benefit of a stipulated transfer amount cancellation clause, which caters for such a scenario where a third club bids more than the stipulated buy-back amount. Whether such a cancellation clause is inserted in the first place can depend on the negotiation position of the parties. If the original seller (who will have the benefit of the buy-back) is in a strong position, there is less likelihood of such a cancellation figure being inserted or in the alternative the cancellation figure being set at a high sum.

If there is such a provision and the buy-back cancellation sum is paid to the original club, then the selling club is free to sell the player and accept a higher amount. If the club refuses to pay the buy-back cancellation sum or there is no clause in the contract, then the original selling club should be able to enforce the buy-back clause so long as it can agree personal terms with the player and that the player wishes to re-join the club (though these factors may not be straightforward in practice!).

[1] Note that for ease of reference the drafting presumes that the player will be playing in the Premier League for the first two seasons. If the player, for example, was transferred after his first season, and that season was not covered by a buy-back clause (which would be very unlikely), the buying club may still have the benefit of a first refusal transfer clause to match any other offers.
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:47 pm

I've never seen Etete play but he seems to be highly thought of reading other fan comments and the fact Spurs have put a buy back clause in shows they think he has potential.

Physically he seems to be perfect for us so hopefully everybody gets behind him and he bangs them in.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Must have something for spurs to have buy back clause inserted... he'll do well for us after period of bedding in and getting used to championship.
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat