Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ‘ THURSDAY 4TH AUGUST 2022 ‘

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 am

“ STEVE MORISON UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Steve Morison his 13th & 14th signings of the season.

Kion Etete, close?

He is close to coming. It’s never done until that bit of paper is signed.

Steve Morison

An experienced forward next?

I never said Kion was for the future. He is an investment. He will be a top, top player. He could attract people from all over the place.

The notion I’m looking for Andy Carroll is way off it!

Steve Morison

Thursday 4th August 2022

Update on injuries ahead of Reading away:

Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies back in full training.

STEVE MORISON:

Perfect start - how do you reflect?

More of the same! Bit of a different game this weekend, but ultimately, we take each game as it comes. We need to put Norwich behind us and treat this weekend with the same attitude.

Steve Morison

Perry Ng suspended… any other fitness concerns?

Nothing. Clean bill of health! A nice place to be.

Steve Morison

“ READ ALL STEVE MORISON’S UPDATES BELOW “
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:42 am

STEVE MORISON:

New style, keep progressing that style, what did you see on Saturday?

We are on track because a lot of the aspects from Saturday were really positive. You can’t lose putting your body on the line and defending for your lives, defending for each other, winning mentality. The most pleasing things came out holistically, you can’t plan or ask for that. It’s easy in pre-season, but it’s difficult when you turn up in front of a good crowd and are brave enough to turn out what we’ve asked of them. Hopefully it gives them more belief now.

Steve Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:43 am

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2022-23 “

Sat Jul 30 Cardiff City 1 Norwich City 0 Crowd :thumbright: 19,969 Away Support 1,480 Jamilu Collins :bluebird:

Sat Aug 6 – Reading v Cardiff City

Tuesday Aug 9~ EFL Cup Rd1 Cardiff City v Portsmouth

Sat Aug 13 – Birmingham City (H) 12:30pm SKY TV.

Wed Aug 17 8pm – West Bromwich Albion (A)

Sunday Aug 21– Bristol City (A) 12pm SKY TV

Sat Aug 27 – Preston North End (H)

Tue Aug 30 – Luton Town (H)

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:44 am

STEVE MORISON:

Reading away, are they unknown too?

They put in a good performance at Blackpool and were unfortunate to lose. I can’t focus on their circumstances, I’ve got enough to deal with and work on.

It’s another game this weekend, the next game. I’m getting annoyed at us being an unknown quantity. All I’ve done is put a bunch of players together with loads of Championship experience and asked them to do a certain job.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:45 am

STEVE MORISON:

Kion Etete, close?

He is close to coming. It’s never done until that bit of paper is signed.

Steve Morison

What kind of player is he?

He is an investment for the football club. He has all the attributes to be a top striker. He is young, hungry. He is a player we see as a club that is ready now and can get better and better. We’d like to see how far we can take him.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:46 am

STEVE MORISON:

Kion not just a target man?

People will just go ‘He’s 6ft 4in’ but that’s not what he’s brought in for. He’s strong, he’s quick, he’s athletic, he’ll bring others into the game, he’ll run the channels, harry, close you down.

Playing regular football at Championship level and training he’ll get better and better… I saw him when he was at Northampton and one of the things he needs is to be consistent… then we’ll have a top player on our hands

Just because I’ve signed someone big it doesn’t mean anything.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:48 am

STEVE MORISON:

Did you expect funds?

I didn’t ask. This option came up, I put it to them why it’s a good opportunity for us and they said if it’s right and it’s for the benefit of the football club then it’s right… I could have gone and signed someone who’s 30 or whatever… it’s an investment for the football club… the right move for the right time.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:50 am

STEVE MORISON:

Ralls keeping standards high, good choice as captain?

It was an easy choice. He leads by example. It was a luxury bringing him off the bench to put his mark on the game.

It was nice not having to make sure he was alright and that he had to start or pushing him more than we needed to. Now we are in a situation where we can go into the season and use him in the correct manner.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am

STEVE MORISON:

Should we expect more now?

Of course. We were picking up the pieces before. Keeping people on board and involved when they most probably knew they weren’t going to be here, I did as well.

We tried to stay in the league. It made it a hell of a lot easier once we knew we were going to stay in the league.

You are demanding more but me and my staff are demanding more. Once we have a bad training session we are looking at ourselves. We speak to the players about no excuses now. No one can say there were eight kids out there or lots of players out of contract. There’s none of that anymore.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:52 am

STEVE MORISON:

Where have you set your sights?

That’s our biggest challenge. We had a free hit on Saturday. Fans will have taken ‘a good performance’, but now there is expectation. Are you going to follow it up? It’s something we are excited about.

That is the challenge now.

We have in-house targets, which the players set. Our target as staff was four points less than the players’ targets after eight games.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:52 am

STEVE MORISON:

Players look well organised and enjoying themselves…

That’s the plan! It was fantastic. We didn’t go into the game thinking we were going to lose it! We knew what we were capable of. We carried it out.

We are going the right way. Now the challenge is to do it again on Saturday.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:54 am

STEVE MORISON:

That’s our biggest challenge. We had a free hit on Saturday. Fans will have taken ‘a good performance’, but now there is expectation. Are you going to follow it up? It’s something we are excited about.

We have in-house targets, which the players set. Our target as staff was four points less than the players’ targets after eight games.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:55 am

STEVE MORISON:

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:56 am

STEVE MORISON:

Good window?

It’s been excellent! All these unknown players who have been plucked out of nowhere! Nah, it’s been really enjoyable. We were working relentlessly over the summer. The players have bought into the summer and the project and the plan we put to them. It’s been great. We haven’t lost out to anyone from a financial point of view.

We haven’t signed anyone because of paying more money than someone else. It’s because they want to be a part of something and that’s key.

Everyone who has come to watch Cardiff over the last 7 or 8 years knew the type of players we had signed. There was a couple of unknowns, like Jamilu Collins, but he’s played in the Bundesliga, he’s no mug!

Everyone loves him, we love him and the fans love him.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:56 am

STEVE MORISON:

Looking for more after him?

Looking for all types of players that can make us better. I’m really happy with that signing if it’s finished off. We will see what happens going forward.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:54 am

BREAKING: Cardiff and Norwich charged after on-pitch melee

The FA have released the following statement after a flashpoint in the match saw both sides come together in a heated melee.

"Cardiff City FC and Norwich City FC have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E.20.1 following their EFL Championship fixture on Saturday 30 July 2022.

"It is alleged that both clubs failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 66th minute of the fixture.

"Both clubs have until Monday 8 August to provide a response."

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: ‘ THURSDAY 4TH AUGUST 2022 ‘

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:18 pm

An experienced forward next?

I never said Kion was for the future. He is an investment. He will be a top, top player. He could attract people from all over the place.

The notion I’m looking for Andy Carroll is way off it!

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Philogene fit?

He was fit to play last weekend but came on Thursday. He’d been in Australia and hadn’t slept well… Fit and available… he’s very good in one-v-one situations, what we want, competition in those wide areas… Whole plan when we started putting all this together is we wanted competition and people looking over their shoulders… If people aren’t doing that, they need to reevaluate… Interesting to see what he’s like on the pitch, can’t wait to see him by the box.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Head of academy appointment close?

“I'm not part of that process, we don’t even discuss the situation.”

Steve Morison