WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 am

Striker Kion Etete will have a medical at #CardiffCity today ahead of completing a permanent move. The Bluebirds will pay Spurs £500,000.

Cardiff are signing Etete on a permanent move.

:oops: :oops: :evil:
Attachments
D7872828-1779-468A-A026-EAF9B9721790.jpeg
D7872828-1779-468A-A026-EAF9B9721790.jpeg (180.82 KiB) Viewed 10041 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRDS

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 am

Oh dear, I can see a social media ban for that idiot and maybe more from the people that matter :o
Ponty Bluebird

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRDS

Postby Logie » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:38 am

Shame its taking the world so long to change but i see it in my kids, they have a totally different view luckly
Logie

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am

We have a resident one on here too.
Sneggyblubird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:23 am

I'd call it an observation more than racism. Although, in this day and age, people need to be more clever about what they say, especially online.

The media made similar comments about the England women's team recently, about them all being white.
JasonFowler1991

Postby neilst » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 am

I have to disagree, I don't think he's being racist or ment for it to be read in that way
neilst

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:43 am

What a pathetic comment, if those players put in a shift for the shirt I do not give a toss about their colour, creed or religion or if they take a knee or not.

Totall outdated comment and silent racism at its finest. If you dont like seeing so many black players then feck off and support someone else.
1980s Bluebird

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:46 am

I'm not sure what's more shocking, the statement or the fact there are people on here defending it.

To me the comment should be that this team is different to recent seasons in that it has ability and a degree of potential :roll: Why on earth the ethnic profile is worth even a comment in this day and age is frightening and disappointing in equal measure.

A few months ago there was a topic on here claiming that we had no problem with racism in our club. Maybe correct, but we clearly have fans that need some educating on equality or have antiquated attitudes.
piledriver64

Postby ion » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 am

I don't think he's being racist,but what he's got to realise is you pick a player because of how good they are and how much you can afford,it's not that your picking a player because they are black etc,but his needs to choose his words more carefully
ion

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 am

ion wrote:I don't think he's being racist,but what he's got to realise is you pick a player because of how good they are and how much you can afford,it's not that your picking a player because they are black etc,but his needs to choose his words more carefully

I tend to agree.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:19 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I'm not sure what's more shocking, the statement or the fact there are people on here defending it.

To me the comment should be that this team is different to recent seasons in that it has ability and a degree of potential :roll: Why on earth the ethnic profile is worth even a comment in this day and age is frightening and disappointing in equal measure.

A few months ago there was a topic on here claiming that we had no problem with racism in our club. Maybe correct, but we clearly have fans that need some educating on equality or have antiquated attitudes.

Nobody is defending it. Just stating it's not a racist comment, it's an observation that they should have thought more carefully about before writing. Do you think the media stating the England women's team is all white is a racist comment?
JasonFowler1991

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:21 pm

Much ado about nothing
ElyBoy1984

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:What a pathetic comment, if those players put in a shift for the shirt I do not give a toss about their colour, creed or religion or if they take a knee or not.

Totall outdated comment and silent racism at its finest. If you dont like seeing so many black players then feck off and support someone else.

He literally says he has no problem with it. So nobody has said there is a problem.

People have taken his comment, which definitely could have been avoided or articulated differently, and twisted it into something else.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:37 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:I'd call it an observation more than racism. Although, in this day and age, people need to be more clever about what they say, especially online.

The media made similar comments about the England women's team recently, about them all being white.

You're spot on. Apparently, it's acceptable for the BBC to call a team of white skinned players "all white" and nobody has an issue with the New Zealand football team being known as the "The All Whites".

I totally agree with you that guy has simply made an observational description. It's a fact most of the players we have signed have black skin. He then said he has no problem with it as they're good signings, so I don't see how anyone can say he's being racist?

A very over the top reaction in my opinion.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:30 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I'm not sure what's more shocking, the statement or the fact there are people on here defending it.

Nobody is defending it. Just stating it's not a racist comment, it's an observation that they should have thought more carefully about before writing. Do you think the media stating the England women's team is all white is a racist comment?

It would be but they haven’t. There is no need/reason to distinguish, simple.
piledriver64

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:31 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

One of the summarisers at the stadium / studio did make the comment.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Well they shouldn't, simple.
piledriver64

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Agreed.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JulesK » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:25 pm

Think one of the EX players done an interview and said something along the lines of not enough diversity in the team.. sour grapes imo.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:28 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

People are free to say as they wish and shouldn't be labeled racist for making an observation. You may not agree with the comment, and that is fine, but the person has stated something that has caused no harm, and no offense, except for the virtue signallers who have taken it as an opportunity to blow smoke and show their superior morality.

In the worst-case scenario, this could escalate to this person being fired from their job. I agree, we don't need to mention race but it doesn't make this person a bad person, and neither does it make them a racist.

I didn't see any of the posters who are "outraged" stating anything when the media called the English team all white.
JasonFowler1991

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:30 pm

For those interested here are some media articles relating to the England women's team:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/lio ... 35633.html

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... ould-fixed

The same rhetoric was used when Italy won the Euros too:

https://twitter.com/theeconomist/status ... 55?lang=en
JasonFowler1991

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:05 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:For those interested here are some media articles relating to the England women's team:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/lio ... 35633.html

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... ould-fixed

The same rhetoric was used when Italy won the Euros too:

https://twitter.com/theeconomist/status ... 55?lang=en

Apparently "only" three of the 23 in squad are from an ethnic minority. Well actually that is more than 1 in 8 which is probably a greater proportion than in the general population. But people who write such articles are a mix of the ignorant or those who deliberately choose to ignore inconvenient facts.
JJ1927

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:08 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

People are free to say as they wish and shouldn't be labeled racist for making an observation. You may not agree with the comment, and that is fine, but the person has stated something that has caused no harm, and no offense, except for the virtue signallers who have taken it as an opportunity to blow smoke and show their superior morality.

In the worst-case scenario, this could escalate to this person being fired from their job. I agree, we don't need to mention race but it doesn't make this person a bad person, and neither does it make them a racist.

I didn't see any of the posters who are "outraged" stating anything when the media called the English team all white.

Hang on ! This isn’t about factually stating we have a number of black players, the original poster used the term “All Blacks” to describe us.

The commentator discussing the make-up of the the England team was being factual, although I still don’t see the need to make that comment in this day and age. However they didn’t add a description as the racist did.
piledriver64

Postby cs_original » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:00 pm

Like most people I got no issue with colour, but I’d like to see a few more welsh players in the 11.
cs_original

Postby Carduff » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:54 pm

Why post this shit Annis. Doh
Take it down and ban anyone that post this shit :banghead:
Some really good youngsters in our team now :ayatollah:
Carduff

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

If you are suggesting the comment “we are becoming the ‘All Blacks’” doesn’t constitute being a racist then you need to take a look at yourself. He could’ve said a number of things that didn’t come across as being racist but I’ll let you work that out. It’s all opinions I suppose :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Wardy64 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:00 am

He is not being racist just, we are not racist as a club. I think he was just making a point. The BBC made exactly the same point regarding the England women's team in reverse, they are all white.
Wardy64

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 am

Wardy64 wrote:He is not being racist just, we are not racist as a club. I think he was just making a point. The BBC made exactly the same point regarding the England women's team in reverse, they are all white.

The BBC were wrong also in what they said. ‘Just making a point’ is spot on, a racist point. Get a grip fella.
Ponty Bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:33 am

Hardly a racist comment, just an observation,the team has got a lot of diversity in it now and he pointed that out, funny how some people point everything to be racist these days.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Robbiebluebird » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:11 am

A dumb comment and a poor attempt to be funny, but given how awful racism actually is, throwing the term around for this seems a bit over the top.
Robbiebluebird

Next

Return to General Chat