BREAKING: Cardiff and Norwich charged after on-pitch melee

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:52 am

The FA have released the following statement after a flashpoint in the match saw both sides come together in a heated melee.

"Cardiff City FC and Norwich City FC have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E.20.1 following their EFL Championship fixture on Saturday 30 July 2022.

"It is alleged that both clubs failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 66th minute of the fixture.

"Both clubs have until Monday 8 August to provide a response."
Attachments
16BB37E9-FC29-4F4C-95F7-C3450E9D0C3D.jpeg
16BB37E9-FC29-4F4C-95F7-C3450E9D0C3D.jpeg (49.85 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: Cardiff and Norwich charged after on-pitch mel

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:BREAKING: Cardiff and Norwich charged after on-pitch melee

The FA have released the following statement after a flashpoint in the match saw both sides come together in a heated melee.

"Cardiff City FC and Norwich City FC have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E.20.1 following their EFL Championship fixture on Saturday 30 July 2022.

"It is alleged that both clubs failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 66th minute of the fixture.

Handbags ffs.
Just wondering, do rugby clubs also get charged if there’s a full scale brawl in the pitch??
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:12 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:BREAKING: Cardiff and Norwich charged after on-pitch melee

Handbags ffs.
Just wondering, do rugby clubs also get charged if there’s a full scale brawl in the pitch??

They do nowadays. Particularly at the elite level. Expected to set a good example for the next generation.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:21 pm

Interesting this , I think Norwich will have the larger of the two fines
NIBluebird

Postby Neokutai » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm

An on the pitch melee is a sign of a weak Referee. He gave Norwich everything on Saturday and it's no surprise that this happened given what Norwich got away with.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:26 pm

Interesting this , I think Norwich will have the larger of the two fines
NIBluebird

Postby brynleybridle » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm

For God sake fed needs to get a life this is part of the game . How many of the officers who issue this summons have not been involved in a hand bags at forty paces. :banghead: :banghead: :old:
brynleybridle

Postby CF64 BLUE » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm

As well as enjoying my football I also follow ice hockey and this scenario wouldn't have come about in that sport, if the referee is having a mare then the enforcers would step up and sort it out between themselves no mass melee just 2 guys just showing that if the ref is shite the players will sort it out for him, normally stops any more nonsense occuring and the game can be played without any more funny stuff.
I realise this couldn't happen in football so players frustrations boil over and you have yellow/red cards flying everywhere, it's only natural players want to get on with the game and will stick up for their team mates, shit ref's have got a lot to answer for and should be scrutinized by the governing body, three strikes and drop down a division.
CF64 BLUE

Postby BluebirdBoyall » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:As well as enjoying my football I also follow ice hockey and this scenario wouldn't have come about in that sport, if the referee is having a mare then the enforcers would step up and sort it out between themselves no mass melee just 2 guys just showing that if the ref is shite the players will sort it out for him, normally stops any more nonsense occuring and the game can be played without any more funny stuff.
I realise this couldn't happen in football so players frustrations boil over and you have yellow/red cards flying everywhere, it's only natural players want to get on with the game and will stick up for their team mates, shit ref's have got a lot to answer for and should be scrutinized by the governing body, three strikes and drop down a division.

When I was playing before I was chatting to a Welsh premier league ref as he was reffing our match pre season. I know Welsh prem is quite a way off championship but the ref was saying how he’s monitored at every game he refs and everything he gets wrong he gets marked down for and reviewed after the game. They are very strict at his level he said and if you make enough mistakes you are basically demoted to the next level down essentially.
With this in mind I can’t understand how championship and even lots of premier league refs get away with all there wrong decisions, if it’s little tiny things you forgive but sometimes it’s multiple clear as day big decisions which can effect the whole game and it’s every single game. I can only see it as the refs in the leagues below who would essentially replace them if they were to be demoted are even worse and they simply cannot replace the ones currently there now. (I don’t watch league 1 and 2football so I don’t know the ref quality though)Seems bizzare they’re allowed to get away with these decisions which are big money decisions and get them so wrong every game.
BluebirdBoyall

Postby BLUE54 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm afraid though that if this was adopted/enforced at Premier league or Championship level, by Christmas we would end up with no referees able to ref the games for the rest of the season. :lol:
BLUE54

Return to General Chat