Off topic - Cricket

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Off topic - Cricket

Postby stentona » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:27 pm

Anyone else pi$$ed off that Jonny Bairstow has pulled out of The Hundred? I understand his reasons but why sign in the first place if he was likely to opt out? There'll be a lot of disappointed and I suspect angry Welsh Fire fans who have bought tickets to see Jonny. Welsh Fire less likely to make progress now. Annoying.
stentona

Off topic - Cricket

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Off topic - Cricket

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:42 pm

stentona wrote:Anyone else pi$$ed off that Jonny Bairstow has pulled out of The Hundred? I understand his reasons but why sign in the first place if he was likely to opt out? There'll be a lot of disappointed and I suspect angry Welsh Fire fans who have bought tickets to see Jonny. Welsh Fire less likely to make progress now. Annoying.

I'm extremely frustrated as I have tickets for a week Saturday and I was looking forward to watching him live.

Hopefully, Birmingham home followed by the Welsh Fire will still be a top day out though.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:50 pm

Several England players have pulled out or did not sign for other teams because of the schedule... its unfortunately a common scenario in cricket teams losing international players from many countries at various times due to schedules
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:03 pm

stentona wrote:Anyone else pi$$ed off that Jonny Bairstow has pulled out of The Hundred? I understand his reasons but why sign in the first place if he was likely to opt out? There'll be a lot of disappointed and I suspect angry Welsh Fire fans who have bought tickets to see Jonny. Welsh Fire less likely to make progress now. Annoying.

He did it last year too...
Bluebird For Life

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:35 pm

They certainly need him really pathetic tonight 106 in 100 balls!! No chance of winning.. :o
pembroke allan

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:04 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'm extremely frustrated as I have tickets for a week Saturday and I was looking forward to watching him live.

Hopefully, Birmingham home followed by the Welsh Fire will still be a top day out though.

That is a cunning plan, I like that
1980s Bluebird

Postby davids » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:They certainly need him really pathetic tonight 106 in 100 balls!! No chance of winning.. :o

Fair play to Welsh Fire - they were absolutely shite.

Last but one last season and looking good for bottom spot already.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:They certainly need him really pathetic tonight 106 in 100 balls!! No chance of winning.. :o

Fair play to Welsh Fire - they were absolutely shite.

Last but one last season and looking good for bottom spot already.

Yes their batting was as bad as our defending in previous seasons non existent? :roll: really poor decision making with shots nearly every time hit the ball it went to their fielders even when they were all inside the inner circle .... think only got about 10 boundaries with 1 six!!
pembroke allan

Postby billy ronson » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:55 pm

That was so poor , 107 was way too low a score to defend …..

Welsh Fire won first 2 games last year (when Bairstow played) haven’t won a game since …7 defeats in a row
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby dorsetblue » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:34 am

Went last night, awful performance, will definitely finish bottom and Braves will likely win again with plenty of power in both bowling and batting lineups. Hogan played well though. Great venue but shambolic organising by Hampshire CCC getting in to tge ground.
dorsetblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:17 am

Think cricket needs an overhaul of player movement? Last night Glammy had one of their best bowlers hijacked by his 100 club to play for them at last minute!! Looking at it from outside cricket as to many games both domestically and internationally it is now 364 days a year or so it seems...
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Think cricket needs an overhaul of player movement? Last night Glammy had one of their best bowlers hijacked by his 100 club to play for them at last minute!! Looking at it from outside cricket as to many games both domestically and internationally it is now 364 days a year or so it seems...

I don't actually see the point of this competition - its the same as T20 but with 5 balls in an over instead of 6.
Bluebird For Life

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Think cricket needs an overhaul of player movement? Last night Glammy had one of their best bowlers hijacked by his 100 club to play for them at last minute!! Looking at it from outside cricket as to many games both domestically and internationally it is now 364 days a year or so it seems...

I don't actually see the point of this competition - its the same as T20 but with 5 balls in an over instead of 6.

I thought that it's just another competition with slightly different format same rassmataz pointless really
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:05 pm

Shocking :roll:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat