Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison says he’s annoyed, but says we never lost out

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:28 am

Cardiff boss Steve Morison says he's annoyed that people are calling his side an unknown quantity this season

STEVE MORISON:

Morison says he worries for "everyone else" if people underestimate his new look side.”

“We never lost out to any other clubs on signings this season, we got every player I really wanted.”

“Everybody at this football club are here because they want to be, they want to be a part of something and that’s the big key.”

“People are saying our squad are unknown, they don’t know what they are on about, everyone of these players have played hundreds of Championship games.”

“Everyone who has come to watch Cardiff over the last, one, two, three, four ,eights years will know all my new squad and that’s why everyone was so excited to come and watch us last Saturday.”

“There were a couple of unknowns like Jamilu Collins, but the geezers played in the Bundesliga so he’s no mug.”

“Players never came here because we offered more money than other clubs , they came because they wanted to be part of what I am putting together.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Morison says he’s annoyed, but says we never lost

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 am

He has talked some rubbish there I have watched city for nearly 50 years and only really knew something about 4 of his signing and that was not a great deal Also lots of his signings have played none or very few championship games

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:52 am

Abergavenny wrote:He has talked some rubbish there I have watched city for nearly 50 years and only really knew something about 4 of his signing and that was not a great deal Also lots of his signings have played none or very few championship games

Morison will really have to continue this great start as he has continually said that he is more than happy and and this latest statement is massive as he is saying he got everyone he wanted and that they are well known and that the fans knew them etc etc

I remember McCarthy saying how happy he was and could not of asked for more etc

Let’s hope that Morison really can take us places, because our fans deserve it.

We just have to hope / believe that this squad really are going places.

I had hardly heard of the majority of his signings, but that does not bother me if they turn out quality Championship players.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am

I've been watching the City for nearly fifty years too. Over that time We've signed many players I'd never heard of before that turned out to be good'uns and some with a reputation that were pants. One of the players we've recently signed who alot were umming and moaning over managed MoM first time out. Our gaffer who many on here thought didn't have what it takes are being shown up as idiots who think that donkeys years of shouting abuse from the stand entitles them to have a superior opinion to a guy that does really know what he's doing.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I've been watching the City for nearly fifty years too. Over that time We've signed many players I'd never heard of before that turned out to be good'uns and some with a reputation that were pants. One of the players we've recently signed who alot were umming and moaning over managed MoM first time out. Our gaffer who many on here thought didn't have what it takes are being shown up as idiots who think that donkeys years of shouting abuse from the stand entitles them to have a superior opinion to a guy that does really know what he's doing.

Give it a rest mate. You’re being childish. People got opinions about football, different to yours. It doesn’t matter whether someone thought SM would be a bad move (I was all for him getting the job by the way) and it doesn’t matter whether some thought Collins was a questionable signing. (I did but hoped he’d do well, which thankfully he is). I’m pretty sure everyone who questioned SM or any of the players signed are well happy to be proven wrong. Now give it a rest. Footballs all about opinions that’s what makes it interesting.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:41 am

I think the label Unknown is aimed at the collective group that have been assembled rather than individuals. Its true to say that Morison has pulled a number of rabbits out of the hat which had not been known to most of us.

It clear now that Morison is aiming at a real go at the championship this season. for many years now the whole club was lurching from one direction to the next as a result last season was a disaster waiting to happen, thankfully we got away with it "Just". Having had a taster last Saturday i am looking forward to a positive season with our so-called unknown team, and I am sure that as far as CCF is concerned we are going to turn the the championship upside down from last year, and we are going to be the surprise package in this division :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:43 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I've been watching the City for nearly fifty years too. Over that time We've signed many players I'd never heard of before that turned out to be good'uns and some with a reputation that were pants. One of the players we've recently signed who alot were umming and moaning over managed MoM first time out. Our gaffer who many on here thought didn't have what it takes are being shown up as idiots who think that donkeys years of shouting abuse from the stand entitles them to have a superior opinion to a guy that does really know what he's doing.

Give it a rest mate. You’re being childish. People got opinions about football, different to yours. It doesn’t matter whether someone thought SM would be a bad move (I was all for him getting the job by the way) and it doesn’t matter whether some thought Collins was a questionable signing. (I did but hoped he’d do well, which thankfully he is). I’m pretty sure everyone who questioned SM or any of the players signed are well happy to be proven wrong. Now give it a rest. Footballs all about opinions that’s what makes it interesting.

What do you mean? give MY OPINION a rest :lol: :lol: Didn't realise I was on Mumsnet. :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 am

8 of our 14 signings have previously played in the Championship. They are:

Rimonhota, Romeo, Ojo, O'Dowda, Sawyers, Allsop, Kipre, Philogene-Bidace.

6 of our 14 signings have never played in the Championship. They are:

Etete, Collins, Tanner, Daley-Campbell, Adams, Alnwick.

The majority of our signings have lots of previous Championship experience and Morison is correct saying we are not a team of unknowns. I don't know why people are having a pop at Morison for saying that?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 am

After the Swansea battering, I
Was so angry at Morison and the club. A fortress of fcuk all, as intimidating as play school and tactics from jumpers for
goalposts.

But, I don't hold grudges and see a
Big improvement in sustainable development.
A manager should have balls and club at heart. Not be childish with players..
Hope Steve is a realist and player on merit. Nurtures, improves and leads....

Will support him all day

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:42 am

eddiep wrote:After the Swansea battering, I
Was so angry at Morison and the club. A fortress of fcuk all, as intimidating as play school and tactics from jumpers for
goalposts.

But, I don't hold grudges and see a
Big improvement in sustainable development.
A manager should have balls and club at heart. Not be childish with players..
Hope Steve is a realist and player on merit. Nurtures, improves and leads....

Will support him all day

Well said, a lot of people, myself included, would have happily seen him go after the Swansea debacle but time is a healer and during that time he has given me no reason to doubt him. The team that lost to Swansea wasn’t his team, this is now his team, no more excuses for the derby but he has the potential to be one of my favourite managers for city if he carries on like he is, honest and straight to the point I like Mick and a few before him.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

What do you mean? give MY OPINION a rest :lol: :lol: Didn't realise I was on Mumsnet. :lol: :lol:

Calling everyone else idiots for having a different opinion to you. You really are an asshole of a bloke fair play :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:48 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Calling everyone else idiots for having a different opinion to you. You really are an asshole of a bloke fair play :lol:

:bluescarf: and breath :laughing6:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Not everyone and the only one upset is you Mr Multi but Hey Ho each to our own silly little games as you say only my opinion just like everyone else's. And if your upset my precious the internet is not the place for you. Now curse me some more, you'll feel much better.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:08 pm

I remember when Corky asked do anybody recognise this player with Dave jones, he had seen him down miskin imanor during his sons wedding, nobody recognised him, it turned out to be Ross McCormick,

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:16 pm

I remember when Corky asked do anybody recognise this player with Dave jones, he had seen him down miskin imanor during his sons wedding, nobody recognised him, it turned out to be Ross McCormick,

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:59 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Not everyone and the only one upset is you Mr Multi but Hey Ho each to our own silly little games as you say only my opinion just like everyone else's. And if your upset my precious the internet is not the place for you. Now curse me some more, you'll feel much better.

I’m no multi. Keep being an asshole. Bet you’re not like this outside of the internet because you would have had a slap by now :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:07 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

I’m no multi. Keep being an asshole. Bet you’re not like this outside of the internet because you would have had a slap by now :lol:

Oooooh ,not by you though eh? You gotta come out of your bedroom for that. Keep stroking it pal.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:37 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Oooooh ,not by you though eh? You gotta come out of your bedroom for that. Keep stroking it pal.

I’m in town for the Birmingham game if you’d like to chat in person. I’ll gladly have a chat face to face. And no, this is not a threat in any way, I’ll just prove that I don’t need to hide behind the internet :thumbup: