‘No one can actually answer this question’

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:59 pm

HOW WILL WE REALLY DO THIS SEASON?

Being a true fan I can’t help but to feel very optimistic about our prospects this season.

Every position is covered twice or thrice …..and I believe we will be signing two more players a C1/2 (possibly Morrison) and a striker.

I also believe that Steve Morison did his best and in a very efficient and methodical manner …….while sticking to a very tight budget imposed by Tan.

No one can predict where we will finish …… but after 10-12 games ….we will have a good idea ! That will be the period of truth.

However , realistically , the proof of the pudding is in the eating ……..it boils down to two things :

‘DID MORISON BUY WELL and CAN HE GET THEM PLAYING TOGETHER AS A FREE FLOWING PASSING UNIT’ !!

No one can honestly answer this question , but definitely there is a lot of excitement and anticipation.
Attachments
B03B1A5F-ED36-4CDB-9434-2BB44E41AC25.jpeg
B03B1A5F-ED36-4CDB-9434-2BB44E41AC25.jpeg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 6241 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘No one can actually answer this question’

Postby RedStem » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:‘DID MORISON BUY WELL and CAN HE GET THEM PLAYING TOGETHER AS A FREE FLOWING PASSING UNIT’ !!

No one can honestly answer this question , but definitely there is a lot of excitement and anticipation.

My honest answer is yes. How can you deny the quality we've signed, and if you've seen how quickly the team have gelled with each other and how well we played in most of our pre season games, you should appreciate that our performance against Norwich is far from the pinnacle. In comparison to what we've been used to the last couple of years the Norwich game was great. But in context of what we're now capable of it wasn't that good of performance! - In my opinion anyway - which is a obviously a positive.
RedStem

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:41 pm

We will be the surprise team in my opinion

After 10 games we'll definitely know

Definitely depends on our strike force , plus one more central defender
NIBluebird

Postby D.A.C. » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:53 pm

For me what Morison has done pre-season is remarkable and well over due. 14 new signings not even spent 1m on transfers and all of them good footballers. He certainly knows a player and I trust his judgement.

We needed to get away from hoofball and play a different style and whatever happens with Morison now he deserves alot of credit for what he has done in a short space of time and the club in terms of football is heading in the right direction and into the future.

How we will do this season is anyone's guess, this is a new team that's been strung together that just beat the favourites for the league so we are capable of competing with the best in the division.

Coming out of the ground last week there was a buzz around supporters that I haven't seen in a long time. I honestly believe we are a quality striker away from something special, will Etete be that man? He certainly looks a handful but I would like another proven striker in this division to come in for competition.

All I know is it will be much more enjoyable watching us from here on in and I haven't been this excited to go to games in a long long time.
D.A.C.

Postby The Cobra » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:47 pm

No one ever knows, who will do well and who wont, whod have put money on Huddersfield and Luton making play offs last season? At this moment in time, id put us closer to top 2 than bottom 3!
The Cobra

Postby CF64 BLUE » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:36 pm

All I can say is I am excited about this season, seems like we've gone for a younger, faster and more mobile team who are gonna play proper football.
We have good cover in all positions which is something we've not had for a good few seasons and there's no overpaid lazy prima Donnas.
How will we fare? who knows but I'm pretty sure we're gonna be entertained by a team that'll never roll over. Let's all sit back and enjoy our new team and support them in the 'Cardiff way'.
CF64 BLUE

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:00 pm

The Cobra wrote:No one ever knows, who will do well and who wont, whod have put money on Huddersfield and Luton making play offs last season? At this moment in time, id put us closer to top 2 than bottom 3!

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am

I have a couple of quid at decent odds on promotion although i do that every year !!

I am a fully paid-up member of the didn't really want Morison, mainly because I wanted a foreign coach from a culture who was brought up in high press 433 as i believe that's where the game is now.
I thought SM when the first bit of pressure was exerted would revert back to his big target man upbringing. But i must hand it to the club who must have seen from their interactions with him that he saw football differently from everyone since Ole.

I believe its definitely a top 10 team then we are into the unknown.

We have put a decent squad together and SM must be a good salesman or Dalman brought out the cheque-book, you take your choice whatever your view on the "regime" :lol: is

It will take a long time for me to forget ( I still get reminded) the way he,we, were embarrassed by the Jacks and his inability to not see it happening pre game or do anything during; perhaps we just didn't have the players to counter them at that point in time and it was always going to happen.

We were riding high early last season but i wasn't that optimistic, i feel differently this year.
llan bluebird

Postby cendl blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:20 am

I still think top half of the table after a massive overall of players will be good and then push on next season. However its the championship and anything can happen. Can't help but be optimistic albeit after only 1 game but after Mick we'll look for any positives.
cendl blue

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:17 am

I’m more than happy to see our team play some tidy football above anything else.Very exiting times in my opinion but who knows.
There be ups and downs but let’s just enjoy it. :bluescarf:
theclaw

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:18 am

RedStem wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:‘DID MORISON BUY WELL and CAN HE GET THEM PLAYING TOGETHER AS A FREE FLOWING PASSING UNIT’ !!

My honest answer is yes. How can you deny the quality we've signed, and if you've seen how quickly the team have gelled with each other and how well we played in most of our pre season games, you should appreciate that our performance against Norwich is far from the pinnacle. In comparison to what we've been used to the last couple of years the Norwich game was great. But in context of what we're now capable of it wasn't that good of performance! - In my opinion anyway - which is a obviously a positive.

2 games later are you feeling the same.......Roathie?
Bakedalasker

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:53 am

Having watched all the games so far my concern is though we are playing some good football, there is no plan B. Reading and Pompey sussed us out quickly at half time and we looked pretty poor in the second half on both occasions. There seems to be no leader on pitch, Ralls was very poor against Portsmouth, we even made Pack look like a good attacking midfielder before he went off.

May be early settling in getting used to it but still no plan B, no one wants to shoot, just pass along the edge of the box. I am no tactician but it was plain to see against both Reading and Pompey that there is a lack of what do we do when we get there.

Why pay 500k for a striker to wait until we are 3-0 down then bring him on, body language from Morrison is terrible when we go behind, rabbit in the headlights springs to mind, I like SM and what he is doing but surely we now need to kick on and become the team we think we can be. :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Return to General Chat