Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR NEW STRIKER!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Kion Etete was the striker that I posted about a while back.

He had signed a pre contract and all the final paperwork was completed and ready to sign.
I take it that it was a season long loan, as Spurs at that time did not want to sell him. At the last minute Spurs pulled the deal.
Spurs then decided to sell him, and City have been negotiating ever since.

The deal that is now done was complicated in that what City wanted and what Spurs wanted were poles apart. Lots of Add ons.
As Annis posted earlier there is a sell on clause and not a buy back one.
Whatever City would have not wanted that type of clause.
What clause is in the contract, is a first option to buy if we were to ever sell him.
Completely different to a buy back! Seems Spurs are hedging their bets :lol:

I have also stated all along that money is available, for the right player, another striker seems to be on his way which could also cost city a fee. :ayatollah:

Re: OUR NEW STRIKER!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:50 pm

Well done,I wonder if all the people that give you shit will now acknowledge you were right all along.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:04 pm

Igovernor wrote:Kion Etete was the striker that I posted about a while back.

He had signed a pre contract and all the final paperwork was completed and ready to sign.
I take it that it was a season long loan, as Spurs at that time did not want to sell him. At the last minute Spurs pulled the deal.

The deal that is now done was complicated in that what City wanted and what Spurs wanted were poles apart. Lots of Add ons.
What clause is in the contract, is a first option to buy if we were to ever sell him.

I have also stated all along that money is available, for the right player, another striker seems to be on his way which could also cost city a fee. :ayatollah:

Well done Roger, I never doubted you :thumbup:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:06 pm

See why you had to play it cool Rog
Excellent stuff..... NEXT LOL.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:Kion Etete was the striker that I posted about a while back.

Fantastic well done mate, you did say it and you were right :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who's next did you say there was another Striker in the wings?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:47 pm

Fair play to you Roger.

What many don’t understand it’s never clear and cut abd there are sometimes obstacles in the way.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:08 pm

I did wonder when he said he was glad to finally get here. Knew it couldn’t have been the rail disruptions.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 pm

I did say that there was another striker that we are after which will cost us a fee, but there are also other clubs after him :banghead:
Lets hope, SM can work his magic :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 pm

So when will the second player arrive?

Or is he a Prem player now or championship?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Fair play to you Roger.

What many don’t understand it’s never clear and cut abd there are sometimes obstacles in the way.

Quite right Annis, with transfers nothing is straight forward :thumbup:

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 pm

You had to get one right lol

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:57 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:You had to get one right lol

I can say 100% that Roger was absolutely spot on with pretty much everything that he’s said.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 pm

There's another striker due in soon to on loan so I'll stick a put up saying you heard it here first to once he's signed :)

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:30 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:There's another striker due in soon to on loan so I'll stick a put up saying you heard it here first to once he's signed :)

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:35 am

Whoever has any inside contacts, tell them to get Drameh if he becomes available. Jacks are sniffing and having got to like the player I wouldn’t want to have to hate him :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Whoever has any inside contacts, tell them to get Drameh if he becomes available. Jacks are sniffing and having got to like the player I wouldn’t want to have to hate him :lol:

We don't need him now full back spots are covered

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:55 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Whoever has any inside contacts, tell them to get Drameh if he becomes available. Jacks are sniffing and having got to like the player I wouldn’t want to have to hate him :lol:

Not going to the jacks wants to stay at leeds and fight for first team place :thumbup:

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:02 am

Igovernor wrote:

Not going to the jacks wants to stay at leeds and fight for first team place :thumbup:

I’ll take that, but you never know. Come January maybe……..

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm

Harris going out on loan, or sold or not :lol: