Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Gareth Bale 20mill euros / Newcastle United? '

Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Newcastle United identify €20m Gareth Bale transfer 'as priority' in £300m St James' Park revolution involving ex-Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino

Reports in Spain state that the Saudi-backed group are keen on bringing the Welshman to the north east

By Mathew Davies

Tuesday 12th May 2020

The people behind Newcastle United's prospective takeover have identified Gareth Bale and Mauricio Pochettino as future employees as part of their £300m St James' Park revolution.

The Saudi-backed group are putting the finishing touches to a deal that would see them take over from unpopular Toon owner Mike Ashley in the north east.

And according to Spanish outlet Marca, they have picked out Wales star Bale to be their marquee signing. They also report that the consortium will look to install Pochettino as the new manager on Tyneside, replacing Steve Bruce, and it is believed that the Argentine supports the signing of Bale.

Marca also report that Real Madrid would be open to a deal and would not demand any more than around €20million for the forward.

Bale was close to leaving Madrid last summer for China, with his relationship with boss Zinedine Zidane reaching levels close to frosty.

However, a deal was pulled at the last minute, leaving Bale in the Spanish capital, where he has toiled to a certain extent due to injury.

The 30-year-old has been linked with former club Tottenham and Manchester United in the past, and recently revealed that he has been considering his future post-Madrid, with America on his radar.

"I really like the league,” said Bale when asked about MLS.

“I think it’s grown so much over the years. When we come over and play them in pre-season, the games are difficult, the standard is getting a lot better. The clubs are improving, the facilities are improving, the stadiums are improving.

“I think it’s a league that’s on the up and still rising. I think a lot more players want to come over to America now and play. I would definitely be interested in it.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Gareth Bale 20mill euros / Newcastle United? '

Wed May 13, 2020 7:49 am

NEWCASTLE’S BALE BID

Newcastle United are prepared to table a £53m bid to sign Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale, according to the Daily Mail.

The Magpies have earmarked the 30-year-old Wales international as a marquee signing once their takeover is complete and hope a club-record fee will seal Bale's return to the Premier League.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Gareth Bale 20mill euros / Newcastle United? '

Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:NEWCASTLE’S BALE BID

Newcastle United are prepared to table a £53m bid to sign Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale, according to the Daily Mail.

The Magpies have earmarked the 30-year-old Wales international as a marquee signing once their takeover is complete and hope a club-record fee will seal Bale's return to the Premier League.

It's the Daily Mail but if true, I think that would be a good move for all involved.
The Geordies would certainly get behind him and if successful he'd be idolised there. Good for Wales for him to have a new challenge too IMHO :bluescarf: