Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bournemouth boss confirms Rangers talks over Jack Simpson

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Bournemouth boss confirms Rangers talks over Jack Simpson

Wednesday 27th January 2021

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall has confirmed he has spoken to Rangers manager Steven Gerrard about a possible move for Cherries centre-back Jack Simpson.

Simpson's contract on the south coast is up at the end of the season and he has subsequently seen his future become the source of speculation during this transfer window.

Cardiff City were one side keen on striking a deal for the centre-back, with Tindall previously claiming that a bid from the Bluebirds had been accepted.

However, City could be blown out of the water by interest from the Scottish Premiership leaders, who are also interested in Simpson's Cherries team-mate Nnamdi Ofoborh.

As a foreign club, they are able to tie up both players on pre-contract agreements.

Re: Bournemouth boss confirms Rangers talks over Jack Simpso

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:50 pm

If he comes back to us after speaking to Rangers I’d tell him to go forth and multiply!!!

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Yep.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 am

Rangers are well covered for CBs with 6 fighting for two slots, personally I’m happy with our (Rangers)first choice pairing so would Simpson be content to warm the bench?
Last edited by Jock on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:If he comes back to us after speaking to Rangers I’d tell him to go forth and multiply!!!

Players and agents will always seek the best deal, it would be remiss not to.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:03 am

He’s signed a pre contract for Rangers

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Jock wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:If he comes back to us after speaking to Rangers I’d tell him to go forth and multiply!!!

I get what youre saying but it would be great to say 'This is what offer is on the table from us, if it's not signed by.... it'll reduce by 10%' etc
Unrealistic perhaps but it would make a refreshing change. :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jock wrote:

I get what youre saying but it would be great to say 'This is what offer is on the table from us, if it's not signed by.... it'll reduce by 10%' etc

It would mate but players and agents are greedy pricks.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Jock wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jock wrote:

It would mate but players and agents are greedy pricks.

Yup I agree mate