Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: " Badou Ndiaye not joining us "

Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Badou Ndiaye now joining a Turkish club who offered a lot of money

Updated:

Updated:

Deal is virtually done / but could be beaten at last moment.

Badou Ndiaye 34 years old this year a Midfielder

Adana Demirspor have confirmed Cardiff City target Badou Ndiaye has been released with immediate effect.

Reports in Turkey suggest that while other SuperLig sides including Pendikspor and Samsunspor were interested in Ndiaye, he is now set for a return to the Championship having previously spent two years at Stoke City.

Bluebirds manager Erol Bulut has been keen to revamp City's midfield since he arrived in the Welsh capital last summer, but has managed to add only Manolis Siopis in that department so far.

Cardiff City have reached an agreement in principle to sign Badou Ndiaye.

This is according to Ajansspor in Turkey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Badou Ndiaye "

Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:56 pm

This sounds like the sort of level of signing we'd make. Hes 33. Played for some decent clubs. Sound enough Championship player now I would expect. Doesn't excite me but I think our expectations need to be lower.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Better be a five month loan, he is nearly older than the manager

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Stoke paid £14 Million for him previously

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:10 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Stoke paid £14 Million for him previously

Just looked him up on Wiki, not great at Stoke only 26 games :o

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:13 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:Stoke paid £14 Million for him previously

Just looked him up on Wiki, not great at Stoke only 26 games :o

To be fair, they signed him in the January window and he went on loan in Turkey when they got relegated.

Played for them while Nathan Jones was manager but fell out favour when he was sacked so left.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Everyone moaning about keiffer moore at 31 and we go for a 33 year old.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Papa Alioune N'Diaye...

Assuming it happens, he looks a tidy acquisition in an area in which we are desperately short, i.e. central midfield...

Could be a decent foil for those around him to come into play and find the net more frequently...

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Doesn't really matter about age with the position he plays. Breaks play up, reads the game and plays it out. Does the dirty work.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:28 pm

34 this year, stoke sent him out on loan about 8 times!
Allegedly a troublemaker in the dressing room with his attitude reading reports from stokes site.
Would rather have kept king.
Surely this can only be a 5 month deal

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:36 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Doesn't really matter about age with the position he plays. Breaks play up, reads the game and plays it out. Does the dirty work.

Another Defensive midfeilder....classic

I can only assume that one or even two of Sawyers, Adams or Rimonhota are off otherwise we have 7 for 2 positions

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:40 pm

fred keenor wrote:34 this year, stoke sent him out on loan about 8 times!
Allegedly a troublemaker in the dressing room with his attitude reading reports from stokes site.
Would rather have kept king.
Surely this can only be a 5 month deal

Underwhelming and ANOTHER defensive midfielder. Would have been better giving King a run. A dud Bulut
acquisition on paper.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 pm

BLUEBIRD7291

Is this part of the rebuild for next season where does he fit in ?if we have given up this season and are going to rebuild for next season where are all these young players strikers etc who can gel now for the rest of the season or does the rebuild start next season
Very unispiring signing after 28 days but thats my opinion.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:46 pm

Only arumour/gossip at the mo....lets wait and see...

And if we do get him, give him a chance.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Hope it’s a loan if we do bring him in ,another holding player or cdm if u like is he better than what we have I don’t now time will tell.if he’s a free agent what sort of wages will he want?

Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:59 pm

montyblue wrote:BLUEBIRD7291

Is this part of the rebuild for next season where does he fit in ?if we have given up this season and are going to rebuild for next season where are all these young players strikers etc who can gel now for the rest of the season or does the rebuild start next season
Very unispiring signing after 28 days but thats my opinion.

Depends which way you look at it. It could possibly be a player to see us through another year and improve what we have.
Needs must at the moment. But aslong as its an improvement I don't care personally about age.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:10 pm

I'd take anyone at this stage, gotta freshen things up! Assuming this is just for 5 mths if he's 33

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:15 pm

Doesn't make me want to crack open a beer and celebrate.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Oh dear

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:30 pm

It does make me laugh how everyone moans we're not making signings, but when we do make a signing that will improve the team (he's better than what we have) then they complain anyway!

We all want to sign De Bruyne and Mbappe, but this is actually a realistic signing.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It does make me laugh how everyone moans we're not making signings, but when we do make a signing that will improve the team (he's better than what we have) then they complain anyway!

We all want to sign De Bruyne and Mbappe, but this is actually a realistic signing.

You have obviously not read any stoke forums on his past track record and his attitude

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Decent enough

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:Decent enough

Wez, based on what?

From what i can tell he has done nothing of note for three years

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:50 pm

He’s strong, quick ,adds height in the midfield few good assets that can help us must be an upgrade to what we do have in sawyers and rinomota he also has experience at this level and above we not going to get much better unless we pay . beggars cant be choosers unfortunately.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It does make me laugh how everyone moans we're not making signings, but when we do make a signing that will improve the team (he's better than what we have) then they complain anyway!

Yes Ned but what do you want, a football club or a retirement home.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:54 pm

fred keenor wrote:

You have obviously not read any stoke forums on his past track record and his attitude

Have you been to Stoke and met or talked to their supporters...? :?

Them and their Port Vale cousins are probably the worse football supporters outside of Swansea... :|

Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:55 pm

WEZ 1927

Decent enough

Your easily pleased i would say sawyers was decent enough if thats all we need. Are we builing for next season or getting over the line this season and we will rebuild and gel everyone next season .

Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Yes Ned but what do you want, a football club or a retirement home.

It depends on the length of the contract.

If it's a two and a half year deal then that's too long for someone of that age. Obviously.

But if it's until June or the end of next season, I don't see what the big problem is.

As others have said, it's funny that people were getting excited about signing a 31-year-old Kieffer Moore but criticise this one mostly because he's 33.

It's not just this one that people have been moaning about either. Loads of people were complaining about the potential signing of Hovarth, even though he'd also be an improvement.

Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:17 pm

As long as he’s better than sawyers and Adams he’s an improvement for this season

Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Of course the club may have decided that when taking everything into consideration, they may have decided not to push the boat out during the January window given the difficulty of clinching value for money deals during this period.