Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC: THE SEASON IS OVER INTERESTING COMMENTS

Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cardiff City U21 Results for the 2023/24 PDL:

Cardiff City finish 9th out of 10 Clubs:

After Manager Darren Purses 3rd Season in charge:

Reflecting on the league campaign, U21 head coach Darren Purse said:

“In terms of results, I want to win football matches and I hate losing, but it’s always about the bigger picture, which is the pathway for players.”

“I look back on the last game against Hull, it was a massive learning experience for players like Joseff Edwards, who is a First Year Scholar, Jac Thomas, who is a First Year Scholar, Dylan Lawlor, who is a Second Year Scholar, Dakarai Mafico, who is a First Year Scholar and Josh Beecher, who is a Second Year Scholar.

“This season has been a massive learning experience for those players and they will absolutely be better players next season because of that.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CCFC: THE SEASON IS OVER INTERESTING COMMENTS

Fri May 17, 2024 7:20 am

Cardiff City U21 Results for the 2023/24 PDL:

PLAYED

Tue Aug 15 Fleetwood Town 4 Cardiff City 1 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tue Aug 22 CARDIFF CITY 3 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3
Sat Aug 26 Burnley 2 Cardiff City 2

Fri Sep 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 BARNSLEY 1
Tue Sep 12 Sheffield United 6 Cardiff City 2
Tue Sep 26 CARDIFF CITY 0 MILLWALL 1

Tue Oct 3 Ipswich Town 5 Cardiff City 2
Tue Oct 24 Watford 2 Cardiff City 2
Mon Oct 30 Queens Park Rangers 3 Cardiff City 2

Tue Nov 7 CARDIFF CITY 3 BRISTOL CITY 0
Tue Nov 21 CARDIFF CITY 1 COLCHESTER UNITED 1
Mon Nov 27 Charlton Athletic 5 Cardiff City 5

Tue Dec 5 CARDIFF CITY 3 SWANSEA CITY 0
Mon Dec 18 Millwall 5 Cardiff City 1

Tue Jan 9 CARDIFF CITY 0 WATFORD 0
Tue Jan 16 AFC Bournemouth 3 Cardiff City 2
Tue Jan 30 CARDIFF CITY 0 QUEENS PARK RANGERS 2

Tue Feb 13 Bristol City 1 Cardiff City 2
Friday Feb 16 CARDIFF CITY 1 COLCHESTER 1
Tue Feb 20 CARDIFF CITY 2 CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1
Mon Feb 26 Colchester United 2 Cardiff City 0

Tue Mar 5 CARDIFF CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 2
Mon Mar 11 Swansea City 2 Cardiff City 2
Friday Mar 15 Cardiff City 0 Bournemouth 2

Tue Apr 9 CARDIFF CITY 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC H 1

Mon Apr 15 Birmingham City 2 Cardiff City 2

Tue Apr 23 CARDIFF CITY 5 PETERBOROUGH UNITED 1

Fri May 10 CARDIFF CITY 3 HULL CITY 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 am

I'm not Darren Purses' biggest fan, but in fairness he has a point.

The level he is coaching at i.e. hopefully our future heroes, is not about results. It is all about blooding these kids to see who is capable of stepping up to the next level.

We all know that most young footballers will not make it to even a professional contract, never mind actually making a living out of professional football.

But a very few will and you have to smash many rocks to find the diamond within. :bluebird:

Fri May 17, 2024 8:13 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I'm not Darren Purses' biggest fan, but in fairness he has a point.

The level he is coaching at i.e. hopefully our future heroes, is not about results. It is all about blooding these kids to see who is capable of stepping up to the next level.

We all know that most young footballers will not make it to even a professional contract, never mind actually making a living out of professional football.

But a very few will and you have to smash many rocks to find the diamond within. :bluebird:

Jim,

Over all I just want to see players coming through.

But when we were winning and winning 3yrs ago everyone was raving and winning and successful breeds success and just remember winning games gets the players mentality better.
Losing to clubs like Colchester and finishing 2nd from bottom, I know by talking to the other Coaches say that the spirit goes.

Rubin Colwill and Joel Colwill were already coming through and for me they are the best players to come through for 15yrs.

Giles and Ashford I really hope make it as they came through our system.

Conti 22 yrs old later this year looks good, but came last year from QPR after being released.
I was impressed with him.

Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 am

Twitter:

Fri May 17, 2024 10:48 am

FB:

Fri May 17, 2024 10:49 am

We have the facilities to be Grade 1, but you have to have better coaches to get the status. So it’s up to the Hierarchy to bring them in, then we get the Status.

Fri May 17, 2024 11:15 am

What I want to know, is how can he build a pathway for players entering the 1st team, if those players can't even win at u21 level?

Fri May 17, 2024 11:16 am

Roath_Blue wrote:What I want to know, is how can he build a pathway for players entering the 1st team, if those players can't even win at u21 level?

Correct, Great question?

Fri May 17, 2024 3:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:What I want to know, is how can he build a pathway for players entering the 1st team, if those players can't even win at u21 level?

Correct, Great question?

Too many losses including some hiding, how does that give youths confidence to push on?
3 seasons and hardly anyone to rave about coming through.

Fri May 17, 2024 4:04 pm

Watched them early season, terrible standard. Couldn't string a pass together.

I watched players talking to Purse and they looked confused at his instructions. Gone backwards bigtime!

Fri May 17, 2024 4:25 pm

JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct, Great question?

Too many losses including some hiding, how does that give youths confidence to push on?
3 seasons and hardly anyone to rave about coming through.

Thank you Jules, that’s my point.

And not liked.

But he’s very Cheap.

Fri May 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Barryblues wrote:Watched them early season, terrible standard. Couldn't string a pass together.

I watched players talking to Purse and they looked confused at his instructions. Gone backwards bigtime!

Purse has a coach has not got a clue.

Really liked Purse as a player, but as a Coach NO.

Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Barryblues wrote:Watched them early season, terrible standard. Couldn't string a pass together.

Purse has a coach has not got a clue.

Really liked Purse as a player, but as a Coach NO.

That's the trouble,living on past memories but as you say CHEAP anyone know what he's on?

Fri May 17, 2024 5:24 pm

Drugs considering he views himself as successful as a coach

Sat May 18, 2024 7:16 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Drugs considering he views himself as successful as a coach

Lol.