Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Aaron Ramsey ‘

Wed May 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Rubin Colwill has been named in Wales' squad for the two friendlies against Gibraltar and Slovakia next month, however captain Aaron Ramsey is omitted.

Colwill enjoyed a solid season for the Bluebirds, producing a number of consistently eye-catching displays, even if he didn't quite have the numbers to show for it.

Ramsey, however, endured an injury-hit campaign back at his boyhood club and it always looked likely that he wouldn't be risked for these two friendly matches. Instead, Rob Page would prefer him to have a good pre-season and for him to be fit and firing for the Bluebirds next term.

Former Cardiff academy product Charlie Crew was also selected for the senior setup for the first time. The central midfielder has really impressed up at Leeds United since moving there from the Welsh capital in the summer of 2022.

Re: ‘ Aaron Ramsey ‘

Wed May 29, 2024 3:59 pm

So glad that Ramsey isn’t evolved in any way as needs to get properly fit, then match fit for us.
Tbh I’d only play him for home games where this season we’ve often needed to ‘pick the lock’ of the away team. This way, he’d get around a week to rest and then a week to train for the next game. Drastic some may say, but I fear any more than this and he may well be injured for a large part of the season again. Fingers crossed as a fit Rambo would be priceless and help other members of the team too.

Wed May 29, 2024 4:00 pm

If he is seeing his contract out at City, then he needs to start returning on the money he is paid.

Personally, I feel his injuries have caught up with him now and I don't think he will have a massive impact for us.

Wed May 29, 2024 10:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:So glad that Ramsey isn’t evolved in any way as needs to get properly fit, then match fit for us.
Tbh I’d only play him for home games where this season we’ve often needed to ‘pick the lock’ of the away team. This way, he’d get around a week to rest and then a week to train for the next game. Drastic some may say, but I fear any more than this and he may well be injured for a large part of the season again. Fingers crossed as a fit Rambo would be priceless and help other members of the team too.

Glad he is sitting out these friendly's and trying to get himself fit for the season ahead .

Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:55 pm

Is ramsey going to give us another season
have not heard a thing?

Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:58 pm

montyblue wrote:Is ramsey going to give us another season
have not heard a thing?

He’s contracted to us Monty, so unless we here different I guess the answer to your question is yes. :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:35 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
have not heard a thing?

He’s contracted to us Monty, so unless we here different I guess the answer to your question is yes. :bluescarf:

Signed with us on a 2 year contract

Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:40 pm

Wales manager Rob Page has told captain Aaron Ramsey to concentrate on getting ready for the rigours of another Championship season with Cardiff City.

Ramsey, 33, had an injury hit campaign for club and country following his return to the Bluebirds last summer.

Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:56 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
have not heard a thing?

Signed with us on a 2 year contract

:thumbup:

Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:50 pm

If we can have a fit ramsey then we get class, I feel him playing against the jacks with an injury was a very bad move for him but I also get why.