Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rubin Colwill

Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:13 pm

Couple of posts on twitter about him joining West Ham... Clickbait???

Re: Rubin Colwill

Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:40 pm

On here ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Not sure this has legs but if it did, £5m would be a pittance in the current climate for a talent like Rubin; and I would hope we would have a healthy sell-on clause inserted

Keep him here is the best option for all concerned :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:19 pm

I thoroughly agree Sven. Why produce and foster young talent only to sell at a pittance? Ridiculous

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:29 pm

I don’t believe this for a second. It’s just a silly season rumour.

But if someone did offer £5m for a player who has one goal and three assists in the league over 56 games in the last two seasons, then I’d accept it straight away.

Put it this way, we wouldn’t be happy if we spent £5m on a player with those stats.

Every single year we hear the same:

“This is his breakthrough season”

Sorry, but there comes a time when that stops being true.

He is 22 now, not a teenager. He should have been consistently contributing goal and assists by now.

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don’t believe this for a second. It’s just a silly season rumour.

But if someone did offer £5m for a player who has one goal and three assists in the league over 56 games in the last two seasons, then I’d accept it straight away.

Put it this way, we wouldn’t be happy if we spent £5m on a player with those stats.

He is 22 now, not a teenager. He should have been consistently contributing goal and assists by now.

Agree

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:35 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don’t believe this for a second. It’s just a silly season rumour.

100% this.

Arse has dropped out of the big money transfers due to financial regulations. If we turned down 5 million for Colwill, we will never get anywhere near that again.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:10 am

There is interest in Colwill but it is not from West Ham!

Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:07 am

Igovernor wrote:There is interest in Colwill but it is not from West Ham!

From who ? .

Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:39 am

wez1927 wrote:

From who ? .

I'm going to say teams like Ipswich, etc, i Like Rubin, but if I was a WHU fan and I seen we were offering £5m for Rubin I'd be going mad.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:55 am

5m?

I'd snap their hand off for 5m.

What has he actually done or shown really?

Its not as though he's 16 and had a breakthrough season.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:11 am

If I was a fan of a Premier League team I would be completely underwhelmed with offering £5 million for a player who has achieved very little in the Championship

The guy has potential but realistically at nearly 22 he should have another 50 games and 15 more goals on his CV

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:08 pm

I do think Colwill is worth more but he has only contributed one goal - and he is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

My thinking is to forget how good he is (or isn't) and just look at the money.

If we get £5m - would it not be more efficient if we used the money and spent £2m on KM (Or similar) and got 15-20 goals instead of just one?

Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:

From who ? .

Not from any club in the premier league!

Re: Rubin Colwill update

Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

From who ? .

Not from any club in the premier league!

Wez it is two German clubs :thumbup:

Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:12 pm

Any decent recruitment analyst will look at 6"5' Rubin and realise he isn't going to be an early bloomer. I think it will take another 2 years to strengthen that skinny frame into a 6"5' player, and then he will only be 24 with 10 years ahead of him. When he learns to use that frame his lack of pace and precociousness will be long forgotten.

For the lad Cardiff is not the place for him, he needs to train and play with better players, Germany would be a good shout though. There is a term in horse racing "pinhooking", it is the process of purchasing a weanling and reselling it as a yearling. It is essentially an investment opportunity and one with a relatively short turnaround time. The German clubs are great at buying youngsters and nurturing them into premier league players at a huge profit. I can just see this....

Bulut is a systems guy, free spirits are not great for them.

If we can get £5mill with sell on clauses i can see this being a goer.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:33 pm

Llan makes a very decent point, but I have said before, he's no Ramsey or Ledley.

We can't wait for late bloomers, especially if we cannot develop whatever talent there is.

For the money, and if this were true, I take it and run as fast as I could.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:01 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Llan makes a very decent point, but I have said before, he's no Ramsey or Ledley.

We can't wait for late bloomers, especially if we cannot develop whatever talent there is.

Agree.

Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Llan makes a very decent point, but I have said before, he's no Ramsey or Ledley.

Agree.

Nice to agree on certain things Wez.

At the end of the day, I long for my club to do well, show ambition, and make the football we watch enjoyable. In fact I'd take one of those three just for starters.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:03 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Any decent recruitment analyst will look at 6"5' Rubin and realise he isn't going to be an early bloomer. I think it will take another 2 years to strengthen that skinny frame into a 6"5' player, and then he will only be 24 with 10 years ahead of him. When he learns to use that frame his lack of pace and precociousness will be long forgotten.

For the lad Cardiff is not the place for him, he needs to train and play with better players, Germany would be a good shout though. There is a term in horse racing "pinhooking", it is the process of purchasing a weanling and reselling it as a yearling. It is essentially an investment opportunity and one with a relatively short turnaround time. The German clubs are great at buying youngsters and nurturing them into premier league players at a huge profit. I can just see this....

Bulut is a systems guy, free spirits are not great for them.

If we can get £5mill with sell on clauses i can see this being a goer.

A sell on clause is essential if we are yo get the most money out of selling him as couple years in Germany could turn him into a 20m+ player easily ...

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:02 pm

We don't seem to know how to develop players anymore & he needs to go for the sake of his own career. Def with a sell on clause though.

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Colwill £5M.. that sort of rumour is known as the Gary Madine.
In fairness to the lad, his future looks bleak.

Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:21 am

Best he leaves if this is true..not used correctly by bullutt and will thrive elsewhere if allowed to play without shackles

Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:07 am

If he is worth 5m then the 16yr old sunderland had in their side last season is worth 10m. If he goes to a premier side now he will be back in the lower divs, in a couple of years. Needs to put in a good couple of seasons then move for a hefty fee.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:41 am

Leeds want £35m for Archie Gray and will probably get it.. in today’s market we should be asking for way way more than £5m.. that’s loose change to a top flight team