Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adams was a gamble from Forest Green Rovers that has obvious

Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:44 pm

Adams was a gamble from Forest Green Rovers that has obviously back-fired.

He is basically a player who likely belongs between League One and lower Championship.

If Derby offer a £500k package I'd snap their hand off because the player ain't going to get into the Cardiff midfield.

His wages need to be freed, as does the likes of Andy Rinamohta, Ryan Wintle and a few others.

We have to start creating room now for the likes of Eli King and Joel Colwill to flourish.

You are not going to get a full season out of Joe Ralls, so there is certainly a need for a left-foot midfield enforcer like Alex Mowatt from West Brom.

Re: Adams was a gamble from Forest Green Rovers that has obv

Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:57 pm

Agree Annis... it seems like talks are ongoing with Derby.. need to shift ROMEO..BAGAN....and ETETE OUT ON LOAN.. as well as who you mentioned.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:59 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:Agree Annis... it seems like talks are ongoing with Derby.. need to shift ROMEO..BAGAN....and ETETE OUT ON LOAN.. as well as who you mentioned.

I’d add Callum Robinson to that list. He must be on big wages.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:14 pm

Mowatt signed a new deal with WBA. I think we are writing Adams off too early. After his injury he needed alot of game time and he wasn't going to get it with us. I think the Gaffer will have a good look at him first and then decide.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:21 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Mowatt signed a new deal with WBA. I think we are writing Adams off too early. After his injury he needed alot of game time and he wasn't going to get it with us. I think the Gaffer will have a good look at him first and then decide.

I can't see Erol playing Adams unless it's centre half. Derby were missing some physicality in the middle and he suited them. I can see him joining them.

I believe King will be the breakout player, comfortable on the ball and a physical specimen.

Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Mowatt signed a new deal with WBA. I think we are writing Adams off too early. After his injury he needed alot of game time and he wasn't going to get it with us. I think the Gaffer will have a good look at him first and then decide.

I think the same, he coped with league 1 no problem and is at the peak age for a central midfielder. Problem is we are over subscribed in that midfield area along with the no.10 position.

Reckon we need to lose 2 out of Rhino, Adams and King, leaving one as cover...but we ain't gonna get 500k for the other too so Adams may have to be a reluctant sale for me