Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ £1 MILLION / PLUS “

Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:45 am

George Feeney yesterday officially became a Tottenham player for £1 Mill plus.

Cardiff were offered George Feeney over a year ago for nothing, Purse never even gave him a trial.

16 yr old George Feeney born in Cardiff and joined Glentorian at the time his Fathers Club Warren Feeney.

Striker George Feeney was offered to Cardiff, but NO one even came back with an offer of a trial.

Spurs snapped him up and if he makes the first team Glentorian get another £1 Mill.

George currently plays for Wales U 18’s having chosen them over N. Ireland.

Good luck George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ £1 MILLION / PLUS “

Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:50 am

Glentoran FC today officially announce the transfer of teenage striker George Feeney’s much anticipated move to Tottenham Hotspur FC. We will miss you George, we know you can do it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:14 am

Annis - I don’t get what Purse and chesterfield are doing. How do the club still employ them? And what the hell is the point of signing these 4 players that other clubs do not want by to boost their under 21 side? The purpose of this pathway is surely just to get them into the first team. If they don’t make it by 20 they are simply not good enough. Harsh I know but it’s the reality. Not everyone can make it. That’s life.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:30 am

Brezza wrote:Annis - I don’t get what Purse and chesterfield are doing. How do the club still employ them? And what the hell is the point of signing these 4 players that other clubs do not want by to boost their under 21 side? The purpose of this pathway is surely just to get them into the first team. If they don’t make it by 20 they are simply not good enough. Harsh I know but it’s the reality. Not everyone can make it. That’s life.

Brezza,

The problem is their is No Chairman or CEO full time here and No one watching over them or to answer to.

With you all the way if you’ve not made it by 20, 95% of the time they don’t go much further.

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:30 am

Reply:

Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:35 am

Reply:

Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:54 am

This doesn’t surprise me at all ,
Good luck to you kid , shame purse didn’t see what spurs has seen ,
What a missed opportunity this is for ccfc

Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:56 am

Purse is one of the biggest pains in this club.

He doesn't have a clue what he is doing

Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:53 pm

Good luck to the lad but if he was with us he would be going out on loan to Ton Pentre or someone else in the Welsh league, not being snapped up by Spurs.

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:16 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Good luck to the lad but if he was with us he would be going out on loan to Ton Pentre or someone else in the Welsh league, not being snapped up by Spurs.

Spot on - That is where he would have been playing his football ... But Good Luck to the Lad .

Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:29 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Good luck to the lad but if he was with us he would be going out on loan to Ton Pentre or someone else in the Welsh league, not being snapped up by Spurs.

Spot on - That is where he would have been playing his football ... But Good Luck to the Lad .

Sadly that’s what we do with our players nowadays.