Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New striker ?????

Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:45 pm

New name
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New striker ?????

Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:50 pm

Played twelve games for Norwich on loan (all off the bench) and didn’t score.

Seem to remember his name briefly being linked to us in January.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Did ok at Heerenveen but didn't score at Norwich and hasn't really had a look in at Bologna.

BUT, he is young and fits the mould of Buluts style of play.

I don't think we will pay anywhere near 5m for him.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:17 pm

Taken from wiki

Analysis
Generally regarded as a poacher and a target man, Van Hooijdonk makes the most touches of the ball in the attacking third (especially within the penalty box), coupling agility, pace, and a keen sense of aerial awareness, with intelligent and well-timed runs, which exploit pockets of space.[23][24][25]

Probably written by his agent :lol:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:21 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Taken from wiki

Analysis
Generally regarded as a poacher and a target man, Van Hooijdonk makes the most touches of the ball in the attacking third (especially within the penalty box), coupling agility, pace, and a keen sense of aerial awareness, with intelligent and well-timed runs, which exploit pockets of space.[23][24][25]

Tbf that’s the type of player that many posters have been saying we need. Didn’t score for Norwich is not a worry imo. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Analysis

Tbf that’s the type of player that many posters have been saying we need. Didn’t score for Norwich is not a worry imo. :bluescarf:

Will also say that these are the minutes he played in those Norwich appearances:

So he didn’t actually get that much of a chance with them.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:40 pm

If he's good as is dad ( showing my age here ) go get him BULET

Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:14 pm

If he’s not at it yet but is young, then maybe worth a shot and we can still bring in an experienced player.

Bulut can work with him and try to get the best out of him.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Analysis

Will also say that these are the minutes he played in those Norwich appearances:

So he didn’t actually get that much of a chance with them.

:thumbup:

Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:42 am

Another striker who can hardly find the back of the net to join meite and etete what happened to finding a 20 goal a season striker and should we bother with this lad and hope like etete he comes good.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:54 am

montyblue wrote:Another striker who can hardly find the back of the net to join meite and etete what happened to finding a 20 goal a season striker and should we bother with this lad and hope like etete he comes good.

Prolific in Dutch first division which I’d imagine is similar to championship.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:59 am

Apart from like 4 teams the dutch league is shite.

I spent quite a while over in Deventer and used to go and watch the Go Ahead Eagles.

Nowhere near championship level really

Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:14 am

Doesn't excite me this one. For similar money you could get Shankland at Hearts or Miovski at Aberdeen far better options imo.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:54 am

D.A.C. wrote:Doesn't excite me this one. For similar money you could get Shankland at Hearts or Miovski at Aberdeen far better options imo.

;)

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:26 am

Got a good feeling about this guy, no idea why??? Just think he's gonna be a real workhorse and he did bag goals in Holland.

Bologna bought him for 750k and he's barely scored since though so he's never worth 5m. He hasn't done anything for that fee to be mega inflated like that.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:49 am

I’ve been reading Marcus Forss from Boro is close to agreeing personal terms with us???

Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:17 am

Marcus forss is still injured so can't see that being true and the account posting the op is not reliable so not sure how true that one is

Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:18 am

I don't mean wez I'm talking about the original twitter /x account

Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:00 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Doesn't excite me this one. For similar money you could get Shankland at Hearts or Miovski at Aberdeen far better options imo.

Shankland absolutely- great shout.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:29 pm

If any are injury prone they are nailed on signings

Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

New Day Rising wrote:If any are injury prone they are nailed on signings

You must be a joy to behold at parties. :D

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:05 pm

Let's learn from last season - We need a striker in before the season starts ...

Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:39 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's learn from last season - We need a striker in before the season starts ...

Lets hope its not just issac davies but we do have 2 wonder strikers still on the books though etete and meite
Seriously i would have thought this would hsve been our first signing as we have known this is where we failed last season and any targets we have are no materialising
it begs the question where are the millions promised or needed to back the manager fully
all we have so far is loans replacing the loans we lost in Philips grant and bowler

Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:46 am

montyblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's learn from last season - We need a striker in before the season starts ...

Lets hope its not just issac davies but we do have 2 wonder strikers still on the books though etete and meite
Seriously i would have thought this would hsve been our first signing as we have known this is where we failed last season and any targets we have are no materialising
it begs the question where are the millions promised or needed to back the manager fully
all we have so far is loans replacing the loans we lost in Philips grant and bowler

Monty who's to say we are not talking/looking at an expensive striker? Willock spent weeks talking to City and no clue to us fans until was happening..... so let's be hopeful this is what's happening.......besides some of these strikers mentioned are worse than etete and non starters....

Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:45 am

montyblue wrote:

Never seen someone as negative as yourself on this board haha.

Would be nice if the first signing was a striker, but we need multiple positions. Doesn’t matter who comes first, we probably are looking at several targets for striker, but so is everyone else. Competition for this position is immense with so little proven players. It may be a case of a couple of hopeful players come in and one of them becomes a great player for us.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:25 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Would be nice if the first signing was a striker, but we need multiple positions. Doesn’t matter who comes first, we probably are looking at several targets for striker, but so is everyone else. Competition for this position is immense with so little proven players. It may be a case of a couple of hopeful players come in and one of them becomes a great player for us.

Yes heard it all before mate we been looking for a striker for about 5 season and people like you said exactly the same we are looking
I don' t doubt we are looking its not rocket science we need a striker ha ha.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:55 pm

montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Yes heard it all before mate we been looking for a striker for about 5 season and people like you said exactly the same we are looking

We have been under an embargo for a long time, hard to get a good striker who is a free agent.

Let’s see how it is this summer now we can spend again. If we want a good striker, we have to pay for one Hopefully there’s no issues with FFP and we can get a decent player and still fill the other many needs we have.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:31 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:

We have been under an embargo for a long time, hard to get a good striker who is a free agent.

Let’s see how it is this summer now we can spend again. If we want a good striker, we have to pay for one Hopefully there’s no issues with FFP and we can get a decent player and still fill the other many needs we have.

Yes did notice as a fan we have been under an embargo but we could have loaned moore last season so not that difficult but we would not match what ipswich offered ?

Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:29 pm

Read a couple of threads that’s we’re closing in on a load deal for Ali Al Hamadi

Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:46 pm

montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Yes did notice as a fan we have been under an embargo but we could have loaned moore last season so not that difficult but we would not match what ipswich offered ?

I must say Monty, you do come across as a bit depressed with life, the universe and everything.

Some people see the glass as half full, others half empty, but you come across as if you haven't even got a glass.....or maybe somebody nicked it! How unlucky......... :bluebird: