Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW PLAYERS

Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:07 pm

Bulut has said he is hoping to sign 2 players by end of week or hopefully 3. Interview here.
Erol Bulut says he's hoping to have further new additions to his Cardiff City squad by the end of the week.
We've had contact with a few players and we were negotiating with them," he said.
"Now we are closer with a few players. I am thinking by the end of this week, we're hoping to sign two or three players.
"We are not far away because it's only about now finalising the deals. It’s not easy to finalise everything with players that we want to get. Sometimes it stops on the club, sometimes on the players, the agent. So we try to handle it well for now.

"We saw in the game against Hamburg how the team delivers things. We are in a good way and with the new players that will increase our level.

"I hope at the end of this week we can finalise at least two of them but we are close and it could be three.
"For now if we get those players I think we will be nearly done but you never know we still have time until August 31 and everything can change."

Several players have been linked in recent days, including Leicester City's Kasey McAteer and Manchester City midfielder Alex Robertson, both of whom Bulut admits would bolster his squad.

However, he says those are just a couple of names currently under consideration right now.

"Not only those two players we have a few players on our list. In the press they are mentioned very often and many times, those two players. It is not easy to get that quality of players.

"Sometimes you want players but some small issues come in you have to handle that. For sure they would be a good addition on our system for the team

"But as I said, they are not the only two names on our list we have a few others on our list. We cannot only focus on special names."
Bulut was, however, seemingly a little more coy on alleged interest in Fulham striker Jay Stansfield.
"I read many things. I can tell you also ten other names. Then we can discuss about 10-15 players.

"I read many things from before. Even sometimes I am reading in the press stuff with Kieffer Moore. Maybe some people don’t know he has already left.

"So let’s see what we can do and what is the best for Cardiff City and our squad. Everything is about the finance and we have to take care of that side. We will not waste money for nothing we will try to make the best for Cardiff City."

Re: NEW PLAYERS

Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:56 pm

Nearly done after these players he says.

So we’ll sign these three and then maybe a late couple of loans at the end of the window I would guess.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Nearly done after these players he says.

So we’ll sign these three and then maybe a late couple of loans at the end of the window I would guess.

I’ve heard Ned,

Less loans this season from the top tier as wages City are not willing to pay towards

Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Nearly done after these players he says.

I’ve heard Ned,

Less loans this season from the top tier as wages City are not willing to pay towards

They getting greedy some of the fees they are asking is rediculas... Bournemouth wanted 2m for moore plus full wages plus add ons for promotion just for 5mnths loan.... hopefully plenty championship level players out there for loan

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:29 pm

Agreed they are getting greedy.

I would rather us develop our own youth.

If we are getting some loans, let's get the loans with experience who are good solid championship level players.