Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lose lose situation?

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:08 pm

Do you think we are in a bit of a lose lose situation with riza?

If he does well for these 3 games we know tan will consider him for the permanent position which no one wants. If we lose these next 3 games confidence is even more shot and we are in bigger trouble.

I want the club to always do well but we’ve been in this position to many times where tan will hire the caretaker manager because it’s the cheap option for him.

Re: Lose lose situation?

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:24 pm

I don't see it as a lose lose situation.

What's to say he he doesn't go on and do very well for us, if he does well in the first 3 games?

I think he spoke well in the press conference, he highlighted the big issues we have all had with Bulut

It could obviously go the other way.

None of us here are able to see the future, we just have to cross our fingers and hope the best decision is made, as hard as that is with Tan in charge.

If he has 3 games, I'll get behind him for that period.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:40 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I don't see it as a lose lose situation.

What's to say he he doesn't go on and do very well for us, if he does well in the first 3 games?

I think he spoke well in the press conference, he highlighted the big issues we have all had with Bulut

None of us here are able to see the future, we just have to cross our fingers and hope the best decision is made, as hard as that is with Tan in charge.

Personally I would see it as another short term fix.

It was a bit worrying to me how much he sounded like he wanted the job.

It’s the same most seasons someone comes in does well and then goes the start of the next season

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:44 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

It’s the same most seasons someone comes in does well and then goes the start of the next season

To be fair though, someone like Schumacher could come in, do well for the first few games and then lose his way and get sacked.

No one knows how it's going to pan out

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:49 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

To be fair though, someone like Schumacher could come in, do well for the first few games and then lose his way and get sacked.

No one knows how it's going to pan out

Tbf I don’t think much will change under the current board

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:05 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Why is it worrying? I am pleased he wants the job. I want anyone managing City to want to win at all costs. He knows this an opportunity and if he loses all 3 he'll probably never get another one a Championship level. If he wins all 3, so be it. Rather have 10 points than 1.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:27 pm

It would be more ideal for this better looking run of fixtures to have a decision made and a proper new manager in place, Bulut was obviously under pressure for the sack by the board but they should of had some idea of a replacement before sacking him, let alone all this uncertainty.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:49 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Why is it worrying? I am pleased he wants the job. I want anyone managing City to want to win at all costs. He knows this an opportunity and if he loses all 3 he'll probably never get another one a Championship level. If he wins all 3, so be it. Rather have 10 points than 1.

It was worrying that he thinks he’s had the experience to be in charge and be manager of the club.

Personally I don’t think he’s got no where the experience we need to be in charge

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:57 pm

Totally agree. If he does do well, Tan won't give him a contract longer than the end of the season anyway and this squad is too good to be relegated.

His press conference was very refreshing, he said a lot of encouraging things.

It's been over a year since I've been this excited about watching Cardiff.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:00 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

It was worrying that he thinks he’s had the experience to be in charge and be manager of the club.

Personally I don’t think he’s got no where the experience we need to be in charge

Could have said got no experience and hope my enthusiasm will be enough to see me through next three games? That's a lose lose situation as wouldnt please people whatever he said.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:01 pm

A forward thinking, strategy based club would recruit the right man, regardless of the 3 results. Even if he wins all 3.