Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Callum Chambers

Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Genuinely one of the worst players I’ve seen in a Cardiff shirt.

That performance was absolutely horrendous. How did he play at such a high level for so long??

Re: Callum Chambers

Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:16 pm

We've had some superb central defenders over the years.

And Callum Chambers.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:46 pm

I honestly thought he'd be a good signing.

Came with PL experience and was Fulham's player of the year when they were in the Championship, although he played in midfield for them.

But he has been absolutely dreadful.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:30 pm

It's obvious to me that he just isn't a center-half. A bit like Ampadu isn't, he can play there but doesn't excel.

We are lacking a nasty big leader, he may be a bit like Manga (Rolls Royce of a player) who needed that big ugly one next to him, but was a better defensive right back.

Was he signed because we though NG was going?

Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:45 pm

I always knew he doesn't like defending but why do they keep picking him as I said at the start of the season he is another Jack Simpson and we will regret selling big Mark mcguinness for a few million great business again by the 3 amigos :bluebird:

Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:09 pm

His Arsenal days was an out and out right back and as mentioned daily, he was a quality CDM filor Fulham.

So why the f**k are we thinking he'll be a good CB???

Its crystal clear it isn't working. The same with Collins at LB. There is REPEAT evidence if our most poor performances this season.

What a mess. I'm no pep, but why don't we play him as CDM? Maybe that will stop us leaking goals??